February 2017 C.E.T. forecasts

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a look at some data from the CET zone and compared a few days that were last reported, then took the missing data from 18th to today, average that I estimated was 7.5 to 8.0 for that period (10

CET extremes for February (1772-2016) and 1981-2010 means ____________________________________________________________ DATE .. MAX (year) ... ... MIN (year) ... ... ... 1981-2010 avg, and cu

5.8c please, expecting HLB but in the wrong position for a cold UK.

Posted Images

4.4C, bang on average. 

As much as we have a nice split prospect this winter has delivered grand total of two northerlies spaced two months apart amidst the high pressure areas over the UK. While i suspect that we could get something more meaningful towards mid February i just don't think that this winter will deliver the goods on a sustained basis (not least since a large lobe looks to stay in and around Canada which makes any build over Greenland for long a bit dubious).

In short expect whatever cold shot we get to be centered around mid-Feb with high pressure returning back to the UK once wave breaking subdues and the Canadian lobe fires up a bit.