Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Who has currently gone the longest without any meaningful lying snow?

Day 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Here on the Wirral we now stand at nearly 4 years without any lying snow that's lasted more than a couple of hours, that being March 2013. How has it been around other parts of the UK?

Edited by Day 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well you know I'm the same as you, but even in March 2013 that only lasted a day at most so have to go back to Dec 2010 for the last snow that lasted more than 24-36 hours. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Feb 3rd 2015 saw 3" fall and lasted about 18 hours on the ground.

I did go from 1995 until 2009 without snowfall laying on the ground for more than an hour.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

March 11th 2013 and even that had melted by 1030am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Hm.. last time we had snow cover that lasted longer than 24 hours was 9-10 November 2016.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Last meaningful lying snow we had fell in March 2013 (30cm)...lasted into April. Nothing since bar pathetic sugar dustings.

Posted

March 2013 for lasting 24 hours, and since we last had more than 1cm. By the rules (50%+ at 9am) the following days since then had snow lying:

27/12/14, 14/01/15, 29/01/15, 01/02/15, 13/01/17- all 1cm or less, none lasted through the day. 2016 joined 1992 and 2008 in having no days at all.

The 2 years and 9 months without any lying snow between Feb 1991 and Nov 1993 is still unbeaten though.

Posted
On 14/01/2017 at 21:34, Candice said:

March 11th 2013 and even that had melted by 1030am

i moved to hunny on March 7th and i was told by my new neighbour the afternoon of the 11th that i had slept in and missed a nice snowfall, disappointment!

Posted

Jan 2013 here - and that was pretty slushy and didnt produce full ground cover in my garden ....   There was partial ground cover of even wetter slush after a whole day of "snow" in March 2013 which is best forgotten!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

About 20 minutes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Friday 13th just gone! was very good, completely white, but thawed as soon as it stopped, more typical of March

• Like 1

Posted

Well last Friday was the last time we had any snow cover, but it was very thin and was gone by the afternoon. The last time I would say we had any lying snow that was what I would call meaningful (relatively deep and long lasting) was back in late March 2013. That's getting on for 4 years ago now which is pretty shocking. At the time I never thought I would be going at least this long without such. In fact back then I even thought Winter 2013/14 would probably deliver at some point (more fool me). Seems like a long time ago now, which it sort of is. I do wonder when the next time will be, but I am starting to lose faith it could be this Winter, so it looks like there's every chance it could be around 5 years between any meaningful lying snow, or (I dread to think) possibly even longer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Herne bay has to be up there as snow starved saw a few wet flakes last week nothing has laid for any length of time in four years sad sad sad as