Jump to content

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->


Recommended Posts

Well the snow turned to sleet then rain and now back to snow again, can't seem to make up it's mind, At least it's getting less icy out. Now it's just rain.

Edited by alexisj9
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

We might get the NE/E'ly Mon, Tues & Weds but doesn't seem to much in the way of precipitation as things stand, could change of course.:friends:

But we will be in the freezer..Clear night sky's hard frost's. Ground will then be colder anything that falls then will stick

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm just clouded up here could make for an interesting trip to child minders in a minute. 

BTW for us to hit best we ideally need a ene direction wind to set up a Thames streamer 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of us in the East, there's a finger of slightly less cold air passing over at the moment which is putting precipitation the wrong side of marginal. It should have cleared through by 3, and any showers later should be once again of snow through till early hours Sunday when we get milder air for a couple of days, but dry.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snowmaiden said:

For those of us in the East, there's a finger of slightly less cold air passing over at the moment which is putting precipitation the wrong side of marginal. It should have cleared through by 3, and any showers later should be once again of snow through till early hours Sunday when we get milder air for a couple of days, but dry.

Thanks Snowmaiden.  Good to see you posting again.:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marie said:

I'm happy as I have seen snow fall from the sky , yes it would have been great to have a few snow days but at least we have actually seen snow this year .Fingers crossed we get some more as we still have a few months guys , chin up everyone 

Yes, according to GP on the main thread, plenty of potential for cold over the coming weeks. All the usual caveats apply of course!:cold:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

 

Yes, slushy here in Mulbarton as well.  Pity I've got a nasty cold so am staying indoors.

Unfortunately I think it's going to get 'tasty' in time for rush hour....... really need the slush to clear before colder air turns everything into a rough skating rink. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snowmaiden said:

Unfortunately I think it's going to get 'tasty' in time for rush hour....... really need the slush to clear before colder air turns everything into a rough skating rink. 

With the strength of the wind just now, 'rapid thaw' would not be an inappropriate description?

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

With the strength of the wind just now, 'rapid thaw' would not be an inappropriate description?

For the next couple of hours yep, then anything left is going to become problematic, especially if we get a dusting on top. It's very slippery round norwich rn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snowmaiden said:

For the next couple of hours yep, then anything left is going to become problematic, especially if we get a dusting on top. It's very slippery round norwich rn.

very slushy here, when it gets even slightly icy i struggle to get to the end of our drive because its up a hill.. bloody nightmare

Link to post
Share on other sites

Highest gust 54 mph here now. 

Just look out and as it's plastics and paper recycling day, there's plastic bottles and cardboard blowing about.

Edited by alexisj9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonathan Ross has put on some of his old Eighties clobber, got himself some stocked up with E's and is heading for the Essex coast.

He's heard there's going to be a massive wave.....

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clactongaz said:

But we will be in the freezer..Clear night sky's hard frost's. Ground will then be colder anything that falls then will stick

I don't see much in the way of clear sky though for Mon, Tues or Weds,

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

Jonathan Ross has put on some of his old Eighties clobber, got himself some stocked up with E's and is heading for the Essex coast.

He's heard there's going to be a massive wave.....

mixing up tsunamis and surges? :rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites

All the BBC/MET Office forecasts I have seen are saying a lot milder from Sunday up to Wednesday but MOD forum seems to be saying the reverse - very confused. On a personal note 80 year old father in laws boiler has packed up British Gas next Tuesday - trying to get sorted but bit worrying if I gets any colder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Just wondering if any of those showers coming in to the north west may last the trip to our region later tonight after the temp drops . A long shot but the direction looks right .

SE from Meto

Tonight:

Most parts dry and clear with a sharp frost as winds ease inland. After midnight cloud is likely to increase a little, perhaps with further light wintry showers. Minimum Temperature-3 °C.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...