SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

Weather station is showing 0.9 degrees so it is certainly cold enough. The radar has the second wave heading directly for lowestoft however the forecast is saying that the temperature will rise to 4 degrees as it passes, hopefully we may get something from the leading edge.

2 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Why met say sleet or snow then say just sleet clearing later ,so confusing ,if you read se forecast on website 

Well it's snowing now, but I think it will turn to sleet soon. The snow is very wet, and onlt settling on the icy bits.

1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Well it's snowing now, but I think it will turn to sleet soon. The snow is very wet, and onlt settling on the icy bits.

Ahh ok shame we can't get a long fetch easterly anymore,then it be nice and dry and powdery snow :)

Well I am pleased to report that we have had moderate,  sometimes heavy snow here for about 1.5 hrs and it still looks heavy and a blanket of grey up there.  Over the last 20 minutes or so the wind has got very gusty as well turning it into a good blizzard effect out there at times 

Edited by Hearts in Herts
  • Like 1

This morning there was still snow on the ground from last night (approx 2-3cm) - it froze over night so when cars pass it sounds like they are driving on broken glass.

Some parts are starting to melt but the temp is still dropping so may turn to ice tonight - I can see a front to the north and the weather radar is showing snow on this front so could end up with a top up of snow which would be nice.

A few flakes blowing in the wind at the moment. The band seems to be moving slower than forcast as last night the BBC had it gone by 10am but all the heavy PPN is still to my north.

Hopefully we'll manage another dusting when it arrives.