SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Southender said:

One thing I have learned this evening. Snow will lay on anything if it is heavy enough, even if it has rained solid for 6 hours before!

One for the memory bank and I take it back earlier when I thought nothing would accumulate (even though it is a temporary covering)

Tbh I didn't think much of it would lay, we had 4 hours of solid very heavy rain, to the point that areas of my garden and the road where getting flooded, yet the snow has laid on it, took about an 45mins of constant snow to lay, but it did lay and is currently still laying on all surfaces, even the super soggy bit of flooded lawn!

• Like 1

Front clearing through London now-

all in a pretty good event - as expected here in greenhithe a great big pile of slush -

I am 100% moving next year-

model outputs poor this eve- the easterly has gone AWOL :(

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Great Plum said:

Dew point now above freezing here - the dripping has started :(

I think it's more to do with the wind than slightly higher dew points. Essentially, wind keeps the air at the surface well mixed enabling dry air to mix back in, enhancing evaporation.

• Like 1
Just now, Steve Murr said:

all in a pretty good event - as expected here in greenhithe a great big pile of slush -

Well, Thanks winter 2016....it's been memorable. Roll on Summer..... :D

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Thought it still looked okay for the southeast Steve ?

• Like 1

So next event is tomorrow morning with precipitation moving down the east coast. So...

GFS - Runs the system south east affecting most of the region but rain in the east.

21-574UK.GIF?12-12

Euro 4

17011312_1212.gif

Much further east with snow for eastern Norfolk and Suffolk, a few flurries elsewhere.

Arpege has a middle ground track but with the precipitation consisting of rain.

So a nowcasting job I suspect.

• Like 2
Just now, Captain Shortwave said:

So next event is tomorrow morning with precipitation moving down the east coast. So...

GFS - Runs the system south east affecting most of the region but rain in the east.

21-574UK.GIF?12-12

Euro 4

17011312_1212.gif

Much further east with snow for eastern Norfolk and Suffolk, a few flurries elsewhere.

Arpege has a middle ground track but with the precipitation consisting of rain.

So a nowcasting job I suspect.

Euro4 was the model of the day, today

4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

What's it looking like for the morning for our area mate?

2 minutes ago, Jcweather said:

Snow starting to ease now, and I must say I'm surprised that it's dripping, I thought it would hang around overnight

When the sky clears it's supposed to freeze.