SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, snowsummer said:

Erm...149 and counting lol

Not meltdown until they stop showing who is online which happened the last time we had widespread snow in the south. We all go loony as we so seldom see it! Still snowing heavily here and settling. Only half a mile from the beach too!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, leemondo said:

Snowing here in Crowborough :)

Really?! We're about 10 mins drive east of Crowborough, 145m asl, and still only have rain. Barely sleet. Either it's about to turn for us, or we've ended up with an unlucky pocket of warmer air off the channel earlier.

Snowing North of us, South of us (Ditchling) and just barely West of us...

4 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

No idea why the radar says rain or sleet (no snow for anywhere :cc_confused:) but I can confirm it is snowing very heavily and settling rapidly! :yahoo: If it carries on like this then the MET Office's 'worst case scenario' (up to 10cm) might not seem so impossible? :shok: :D

Euro4 goes for 20cm. Now it depends on the speed at which this system moves through; you can expect it to stay like this until 9pm, then lighter until 10pm. 20cms is not some far-fetched fantasy given that it arrived and turned to snow about an hour before the MetO said it would, and they're going for at least 3 hours solid of the rate of snowfall you can see outside. Best conditions for deepness (OMG!) is between 6-7:30pm where the temperature is still reasonably high so snowflakes tend to be bigger.

Edited by VillagePlank
  • Like 1
Just now, wellington boot said:

Really?! We're about 10 mins drive east of Crowborough, 145m asl, and still only have rain. Barely sleet. Either it's about to turn for us, or we've ended up with an unlucky pocket of warmer air off the channel earlier.

Snowing North of us, South of us (Ditchling) and just barely West of us...

It changed incredibly quickly for us in Tunbridge Wells - literally a few minutes ago and you're just down the road from us so - be patient!

• Like 1

Its setting here in E4. On cars, grass and plants/ shrubs.

Temp 2.6 DP 1 wind NNW feels like -2

Settled on the road too.

2017-01-12 17.56.25.jpg

2017-01-12 17.56.03.jpg

2017-01-12 17.55.55.jpg

Edited by Ruby000
Photo inclusion
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, kate1 said:

Snowing big time here in TW now!!! High excitement in this house!

oh yes indeedy... i'm here too... what a wonderful sight!!!