Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's been pretty good, in our wee part of the world, hasn't it? So, let us all pray to our deity-of-choice that it doesn't go the way of 2012?:D:D:D

Posted

Risk of thunderstorms it looks away from the extreme SE. Low shear so single cell storms nothing dramatic, I'd expect to see plenty of quite hefty showers in the coming hours, April showers how apt? ps. I'm leaving the forum with immediate effect. :spiteful: 

IMG_2165.thumb.JPG.cbaea1c248edc67413af986ad9a85be0.JPGIMG_2166.thumb.JPG.e164107dc526ed417fbc67d0c7466b91.JPG

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Drip, drip, drop BIG April showers...la la la la la la la la la.

No thunder, just heavy rain with hail mixed in. Lovely!!

Never seen the allotment vacated so fast, I did see some interesting cloud activity beforehand, though so I packed up just in case.

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted

Not a single April shower paid me a visit, although I saw some dark clouds in the distance. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
7 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Risk of thunderstorms it looks away from the extreme SE. Low shear so single cell storms nothing dramatic, I'd expect to see plenty of quite hefty showers in the coming hours, April showers how apt? ps. I'm leaving the forum with immediate effect. :spiteful:

Hey?? What are you up to Daniel?? You'd better not leave us or I'll be hiring a private detective to track you down!! :laugh:

So the weather today - some potent showers around this afternoon, but not even a rain drop for me - a bone dry and mainly sunny day with a top temp of 16.3C. As for storm activity, the real-time lightning (Blitzortung) website showed no strikes over our Region today, just a few earlier on in Northern England.

Potent showers on the radar 18.45 58dffd42396cd_RadarSat01April18_45.thumb.jpg.b4444da23fcd05e27fcb5e69726ec528.jpg

And some wonderful 'threatening skies' to admire earlier this evening: 58dffd60c778a_Sat01April1.thumb.jpg.e96b9f328944bf55be2b3c32796f3e96.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hey?? What are you up to Daniel?? You'd better not leave us or I'll be hiring a private detective to track you down!! :laugh:

So the weather today - some potent showers around this afternoon, but not even a rain drop for me - a bone dry and mainly sunny day with a top temp of 16.3C. As for storm activity, the real-time lightning (Blitzortung) website showed no strikes over our Region today, just a few earlier on in Northern England.

Potent showers on the radar 18.45 58dffd42396cd_RadarSat01April18_45.thumb.jpg.b4444da23fcd05e27fcb5e69726ec528.jpg

And some wonderful 'threatening skies' to admire earlier this evening: 58dffd60c778a_Sat01April1.thumb.jpg.e96b9f328944bf55be2b3c32796f3e96.jpg

April fools' I'm not going anywhere, you may be glad to know! I was pretty surprised by the lack of activity seen yesterday on the radar but sometimes that just happens. I think it was a completely dry day here, which I did not expect. I did see some good Cb. Maybe a few weeks later it would have been a different story with more 'heating' courtesy of the increasing sun strength. Winter is now firmly behind us..

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

So snow is on the cards this month:doh:

Funny I said that.....maybe it could claw back with an arctic hammer. 

That's pretty cold on GFS 00z (it seems a recurrent theme to introduce a northerly) albeit probably useless cold I wouldn't expect snow harsh frost(s) maybe. But at the back end of last April I'm sure we had snow showers even in London so stranger things have happened.

image.thumb.png.1091f7a86d0db00972a5d3d2847b18dc.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's been a cracking weekend here and no mistake, completely at odds with some of the forecasts I saw earlier in the week.

Sunshine was in abundance despite the very visible clouds just a few miles to the west and north of my location. Winds were mostly light throughout and it was nice to see so many folk out and about enjoying the weather.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

I'd guess that it's a bit foggy out there tonight. The horns out in the Thames properly going for it, and I live a good 3-4 miles away!

Posted

Morning all, a foggy/misty start to the day in SE London, Westminster shrouded in fog too. Slight chill in the air but reckon the sun will start warming things up as it gets to work.

Looking like its going to be a lovely day today with plenty of sun and warmness too

Observations

Observed at 06:00, Monday 3 April

5°C 41°F

Wind Speed 3 km/h 2 mph North North Easterly

Humidity: 92%

Visibility: Good

Pressure: 1026mb, Falling

Observation station: London

(Lat: 51.517 | Lon: -0.1)

Posted

Well as suspected from my earlier post, sun now shining brightly and warmth is nice

Observations

Sunny

Observed at 12:00, Monday 3 April

15°C 59°F

Wind Speed 21 km/h 13 mph Southerly

Humidity: 55%

Visibility: Very Good

Pressure: 1026mb, Falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Right I shall apologize in advance that I have now jinxed the summer. I have brought more summer clothes and couldn't find a rain proof coat I liked, so I expect it to be a cool, wet summer, with one humid day in june and a storm after:good: This single hot day will result in me changing every 2 hours to ensure I get a wear out of everything I have brought. :closedeyes:

Had a heavy shower on Saturday, not sure about the hail was watching Britain's next top model which used to be Britain and Ireland's next top model and will probably end up England's next top model. #waffle.

As hurt my back couldn't help sort out the garden ready for the man to re-do and make pretty. Hubs and Bubs were planting flowers in pots so i watched and it was much cooler yesterday. 

Not sure what it's like outside apart from sunny, have a poorly bubs again. Have been watching trolls on TV. 

Posted

Nice and mild today. no need for a hat.

/waves at SE thread. 

• Like 1

Posted

'Noon All :hi:

Still quite grey in westminster, slight breeze keeping temps about 14°C

When did it last rain??? Seems like months since a decent bit of rain. If it carries on dry like this i think we may pay the price (see what i did there :) ) for it come the autumn harvest. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Spending a few days at my daughter's in Lymington on the South Coast. The first 2 days - Mon and Tues - have been very disappointing; cloudy and quite chilly. But today it's finally perked up with a clear blue sky. Calls for a stroll down the main drag to the sea and a fish & chip lunch sat in the sun! :) 

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all, looks like we are in for a warm weekend judging by the forecasts :) as for today, well its a lovely start to the morning and my stroll to work was very pleasant

Observations

Observed at 09:00, Wednesday 5 April

Sunny

9°C 48°F

Wind Speed 10 km/h 6 mph North Westerly

Humidity: 72%

Visibility: Very Good

Pressure: 1032mb, Rising

• Like 2

Posted

A bit chilly. Won't be long till i'm be hosting BBQ's in the no storms thread:D

Can't wait.

Posted

Evening....

Anyone know a weather site that provides daily rainfall observations/totals in the London area? I used to use Mordenweather but site stopped in February,which is a real shame! :-(

Posted

Nice day for washing clothes. (again)

:pardon:

• Like 1

Posted

Slight chill early in the day but it warms up rather quickly, seemingly we've fully emerged into spring, glorious sunshine if a little hazy - you can really feel the warmth in it now. I'm progged 20C for Sunday well according to the BBC weather app I suspect the actual figure will be higher. Still a colder northerly airstream being modelled mid month by the GFS will make a change much colder than what we've been used to, it's not a cloudy direction at least for those who are not so keen, very cool and quite decent convection with good cloudscapes I reckon I'll take it. :wink: 

IMG_2190.thumb.PNG.08c72f6ad08f037d9afec8fd5e07caef.PNGIMG_2191.thumb.PNG.24b6fe1d2a8a223aebcbd00c25d79627.PNG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

As much as I love the cold and snow it is absolutely beautiful here today hardly any wind feels a lot warmer than the 16.3c that it is I would still take a surprise snowfall but I am ready for summer now and the weekend looks lovely to can't wait. :yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolutely gorgeous day, way more sunshine than forecast for once with hardly a cloud in the sky. A cool breeze but feeling very warm in the sun, currently 16C here. Weekend looks even better, hooray :D

• Like 2