Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

As soon as it started to settle it turned light and sleety again, typical.

Need some heavier showers really, like what a streamer can produce. The convection causes the temperature to drop and the clear spells in between showers make whats come out of the sky freeze, ready for the next hefty shower to come in.

Thats my theory anyway for what its worth.:)

Posted
32 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Why? Its a total non event, like the lads in the yorky thread say, last decent event march 2013, utterly pathetic climate we got cheese at least you get hot weather in summer there - we just get a continuous autumn..

Well there was 3/4 inches of snow in November in Leeds just gone and 4 inches of snow in March 2016 so that's not true, there' been quite a few snowfalls and Leeds Bradford airport is reporting it back to snow and the difference there is there will probably be a covering by morning, nothing of the sort in London. 

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

snowing in Ditchling East Sussex ,fairly heavy on and off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

we had plenty of snow showers all day today, was out in the allotment for the best of it, but alas nothing settled.

been sitting here patiently waiting for the next lot to arrive and ...it's rain :-(

Ohh well, I think that's our lot this winter, it's been by far a much better winter than last one.

we saw 2 frosts ALL Winter in 2015/2016 and we'd had more than that before winter had even begun this time.

IMO winter 2017/2018 is going to be the one,I've had that feeling for a few years now and I think coming into Solar Minimum we'll see that the solar cycles are as good a guide as any. 

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Well there was 3/4 inches of snow in November in Leeds just gone and 4 inches of snow in March 2016 so that's not true, there' been quite a few snowfalls and Leeds Bradford airport is reporting it back to snow and the difference there is there will probably be a covering by morning, nothing of the sort in London. 

Transients..mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers & Thunderstorms Cold Winters & Snow

It's just a drizzly sleety mess basically. The ground soaking wet, nothing settling. Next please.... (will probably be quite a wait :( )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Anybody from Epsom downs on here . I would have thought they might have a decent covering today ?.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Still snowing here but hasn't settled. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Raining here, too.

I blame Diane Abbott for the lack of snow and the mainland Europeans refusing us the cold air we need.

After the heavy burst of snow earlier we have had flurries on and off one even lasted about 10 seconds on the car earlier , I was willing it on as it was fighting for its life but it succumbed to defeat eventually.

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Snowing here again but not settling, bit too wet 

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Snowing here again but not settling, bit too wet 

2 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Yeah, but whatever. Fulham won in the last minute. And didn't miss a penalty! 

Yes played well Wigan had 3 shots.great to win and keep in the hunt for the playoffs 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

New blob incoming and making landfall on east Kent coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

App says Snow :D

Sky says no :angry:

• Like 4

Posted
12 minutes ago, fulham snow said:

Yes played well Wigan had 3 shots.great to win and keep in the hunt for the playoffs 

So who cares about the weather?! Yeah, ok, a weather forum I know. That was my last one. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Very wet snow turning more to rain by the minute in Hertfordshire.

Ground soaking wet!

That new ppn hitting Anglia now will most likely give rain when it gets here. 

Posted

Still very sleety here in Woodford, east London border - what are the chances of the lull in between drying out surfaces and the next "blob" coming into Kent being full on snow....?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, vindows said:

Still very sleety here in Woodford, east London border - what are the chances of the lull in between drying out surfaces and the next "blob" coming into Kent being full on snow....?

0.7 up on the hills out there so probably snow at altitude (150m+) with evap cooling temperature will fall very close to freezing.  Sleety rain below 50m and sleety snow at 100-150 m I would think.

• Like 1

Posted

Day out at Guildford 100msl, snow most of the day but snow cover (very patchy to begin with) actually decreased while snowing - had to walk to 150msl to get anything resembling a covering. Drive home, snow above about 70msl, settling above 150msl (mostly Hindhead), sleety stuff below.

Pretty desperate for an easterly in early February. Would have been a couple of inches if had settled.

• Like 4

Posted
24 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Day out at Guildford 100msl, snow most of the day but snow cover (very patchy to begin with) actually decreased while snowing - had to walk to 150msl to get anything resembling a covering. Drive home, snow above about 70msl, settling above 150msl (mostly Hindhead), sleety stuff below.

Pretty desperate for an easterly in early February. Would have been a couple of inches if had settled.

Love the profile name .

I've always been tempted to change my profile name too Man Without Beard . ( never been able to grow a proper one all bum fluff ) it would be comical in the mod  thread . Then some one else could change there's to man with stubbly beard etc. 

Anyway we still have a few flurries falling although it looks like it amongst drizzle / snizzle I can't be bothered now to double check but some of the flakes are still of an impressive size.

• Like 1