SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

someone on here a little while ago (I think it was Daniel) said dewpoints are due to rise this evening, surely that will stop all snow.

We'll see but I'm going to enjoy what I have atm:good:

16 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Clap clap BBC it was supposedly meant to all be rain by late morning. The positive dew points come into the SE this evening so it looks good for the time being.

Seems to me that they have had some super mild AGW freaks on duty the last couple of days.:angry:

Latest uppers on 06z euro4. Dp's 0-1c, looks ok for the rest of today to me for more snow not rain even if it don't settle its still snow.

17021112_1106.gif

17021118_1106.gif

17021200_1106.gif

17021206_1106.gif

Edited by snowray
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

Seems to me that they have had some super mild AGW freaks on duty the last couple of days.:angry:

Latest uppers on 06z euro4. Dp's 0-1c, looks ok for the rest of today to me for more snow not rain even if it don't settle its still snow.

17021112_1106.gif

17021118_1106.gif

17021200_1106.gif

17021206_1106.gif

in my VERY limited knowledge, surely with cold enough uppers we should be getting snow here, perhaps it is the dewpoints letting us down on the coast

18 minutes ago, snowbob said:

Getting heavier and settling now

Should do well for some settling snow out of this at your altitude there.

Maybe I should just drive to a big hill near by if I want to throw a snowball or two, Bluebell hill, Shooters Hill might be ok. 

• Like 1

In between 5p flakes 20p flakes a couple of 10p flakes going up to 50p flakes. Snow falling and attempting to settle is making me happy. It's snow falling it's been a while but it was worth the wait. We live on an island surrounded by water..... 

6 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

in my VERY limited knowledge, surely with cold enough uppers we should be getting snow here, perhaps it is the dewpoints letting us down on the coast

Yes its very strange, I expected settling snow widely from this too away from the coasts at any rate...Had -10/-11c uppers 1st thing and dew points under 0.

2 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

In between 5p flakes 20p flakes a couple of 10p flakes going up to 50p flakes. Snow falling and attempting to settle is making me happy. It's snow falling it's been a while but it was worth the wait. We live on an island surrounded by water..... 

Makes a change.... :rofl:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, snowray said:

Should do well for some settling snow out of this at your altitude there.

Maybe I should just drive to a big hill near by if I want to throw a snowball or two, Bluebell hill, Shooters Hill might be ok. 

It's having a go mate

but not much to shout about to be honest

grass and cars it's sticking

but not paths and roads

edit.

starting to now

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

Very heavy now, bigger flakes too.  

I don't know where you are in Rochester, but heavy is not even close! The flakes are bigger though.