SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

I love it! Best snow we've had in about 4 or 5 years...off out for a walk in a minute. For my 10 year old obviously, not for my benefit at all... :D

I would be very satisfied with an inch :shok: A joint venture! A good idea, might as well make the most of it. I don't think I've seen more than 10mm for four years. 

• Like 1

Just a few CM here in Ramsgate..

snowed on & off all night but temps have just been the wrong side of freezing other wise im sure we could have woken to a lot more..

Still snowing lightly here at mo..

Any where wth Elavation near here should have done better...

20170211_092106.jpg

• Like 2

Snow falling here but the temperature is slowly rising so the icing sugar dusting we had overnight is now all but gone.

3 days of falling snow for us this winter, better than recent years but still absolutely abysmal and that's another winter gone by with nothing to show!

Roll on the warmth of spring and summer now, this grey damp and dreary garbage is going me in. Thankfully 2 weeks in the sun from next friday and hopefully by the time I'm back spring will be starting to spring!

• Like 1

Well, the high-resolution models must be as pink as the radar returns this morning because they vastly underestimated the inland penetration of snowfall across the SW and now there's this area of heavier returns moving across Essex and co. which is well beyond anything I've seen in the model charts.

So there is nothing to work with other than intuition when it comes to figuring out how far west this feature into the SE will travel and how well it could hold together. Then there's the issue of parameters conducive to snow which may be lost by midday across much of the SE but retained across CS England... where will the dividing line be exactly? Beats me! :pardon:

• Like 3

light snow here again !!!!!!!!,nope hold on a few going for a bit bigger than a flurry, cant handle this wild weather :D, if i get a cm im going to be happy, um going to leave it there, as sounds like im digging a deep hole for myself,:rofl:, but still nice to see some white stuff, better than last year :D bloody cold though :cold:

Seen some snow, am happy. Had that sleety nonsense again. But it feels like winter for now, can't complain.

Bring on the Thunderstorms, could do with a good moan :)

Edited by Dami

Snow not melting here, bird table roof now  covered, only taken 18hrs for that to happen :D ,might go wild and take a pic, but thinking wont waste my energy :rofl:

Edited by Jo S
11 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Why do weather radars say snow but the BBC does not??

It's the opposite for me had snow on symbols since 7am and not seen anything and my snow radar everything is missing us gets near us fizzles out.