Sign in to follow this  
A.J

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

Almost 50 months now since a decent cover of snow IMBY apart from a few dustings even when we have had a spin of really bad winters something decent popped up February 2007? 

This winter has not been bad but for snow again lacklustre.

Can see the arc of precip pushing NW out of Benelux this evening on the radar link below:

http://www.meteo-info.be/en/weather/radar.html

The fax chart shows the occluded front bringing the arc of sleet and snow towards SE UK this evening

20170210_1855.PPVA89.thumb.png.54a35930283b279d42704492b4981658.png

Some light flurries of snow on and off all afternoon and evening here in Croydon, never getting heavy enough to settle.

Edited by Nick F

need showers to start appearing and holding together around great yarmouth area still snowing here with slight covering very light snow 

21 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

It's disintegrating before it gets here mate

I know:laugh:.. It's still snowing lightly though and I've just spotted another little blob to my east on the radar.:rolleyes:

A shower deposited a sprinkling of snow on the car about 3 hrs ago, and its still all there, funny how now that the temps have dropped and are good for snow there is hardly any PPN around.

Wow,what a blob,absolute joke this winter is,theyll be nothing left by the time it gets to land,what is happening to our winters

Hoping for that attempt of a streamer to pep up a little bit. Been on and off most of the day here, although the latter showers have begun to see settling snow. Up towards Bourne and across to Stamford at the moment are going to see a series of showers, so expecting maybe a small covering out that way. 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Well I don't know what all the fuss is about. Looks what's heading right for you:  :p

589e31f30f325_HeavySnowradar2.thumb.png.7d8e04e892d6462c3da4af4be410e16f.png

Bands look big north of me as soon as they get nearer get smaller and smaller.:wallbash:

I don't think it can even be classed as a "blob" at this stage. Even if it was to hold up I think it's heading too SSW and would miss even coastal areas anyway, but as it stands it looks likely to break up long before we even get to that point.

6 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Well I don't know what all the fuss is about. Looks what's heading right for you:  :p

589e31f30f325_HeavySnowradar2.thumb.png.7d8e04e892d6462c3da4af4be410e16f.png

It came from outer space

19 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Yes but it is not going west towards UK

If you look at the high res Arpege model, it pulls the precip along the occlusion/trough over Benelux over the SE tonight/Saturday morning

tempresult_sld5.gif

Just now, Nick F said:

If you look at the high res Arpege model, it pulls the precip along the occlusion/trough over Benelux over the SE tonight/Saturday morning

tempresult_sld5.gif

And ends with a Thames Streamer :rofl:

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

And ends with a Thames Streamer :rofl:

If only