Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

The wash is the west's best friend for later if the wind stays favourable interesting to see stuff intensify over land.. Good convection starting to happen thanks to the clearer spells 

Good luck all for later I'm sure there will be a few surprises tonight 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Surrey said:

The wash is the west's best friend for later if the wind stays favourable interesting to see stuff intensify over land.. Good convection starting to happen thanks to the clearer spells 

Good luck all for later I'm sure there will be a few surprises tonight 

I must admit that, after yesterday's monochrome grey, today's convection (some sort of increased vertical wave amplitude?) has been better; at least the overhead shield of dark grey has been punctuated by very short intervals of brightness??

But, don't get your hopes up too much, Luke; five-minute-long snizzards don't do a lot!:D

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I must admit that, after yesterday's monochrome grey, today's convection (some sort of increased vertical wave amplitude?) has been better; at least the overhead shield of dark grey has been punctuated by very short intervals of brightness??

But, don't get your hopes up too much, Luke; five-minute-long snizzards don't do a lot!:D

Lol! No this is true, but maybe when the sun goes down and the temps drop back a little further anything that does come down settles. If that last 5 minute burst had settle would be a light dusting. 

It's still very nice to see though lol! 

Hopefully we get more favourable conditions with a bit of "lift" from the approaching trough out east although it doesn't come through till tomorrow early morning 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

Which begs the question as to why no one is posting in any thread about being in a decent snow shower within the last hour in Peterborough or Cambridge ?? 

Everyone's watching Grange Hill .oops sorry wrong decade.

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

Which begs the question as to why no one is posting in any thread about being in a decent snow shower within the last hour in Peterborough or Cambridge ?? 

Good point, have a look at 

Twitter snow map 

It's a really handy tool 

Screenshot_20170210-161932.thumb.png.1816f8b10f8fc1e1fa0c24f5a0a54f5e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...