Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
44 minutes ago, scrat said:

Quite warm here this afternoon and no breeze at all.  Love seeing huge cumulus clouds this time of year, with showers, sun and rainbows; however, we cannot control the weather. Enjoy the weekend x

That's going to happen next week

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
43 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

That's going to happen next week

Turning colder of course, might see a few flakes in the heavier showers, maybe a frost outside London mainly. Thats about it for us I would think. 

Posted
Just now, snowray said:

Turning colder of course, might see a few flakes in the heavier showers, maybe a frost outside London mainly. Thats about it for us I would think. 

Hopefully we see some sort of weather, a rogue thunder storm would be welcome.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
9 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Hopefully we see some sort of weather, a rogue thunder storm would be welcome.

My worry is the frosts, got a cherry tree here in full bloom. The cold spell will happen but as usual the duration of the northerly itself is being shortened with each run as high pressure moves in from the west. Was a 4 day northerly being shown a couple of days back, then a three day one, now looks pretty well over by Wednesday.

May get watered down even more yet.

Indeed as predicted the cold does look as though being filtered out slowly by rising pressure to the west. 

I get that people prefer cold weather and that maybe the focus of your hobby. Mine is very hot humid weather with thunderstorms. 

But, just like thunderstorms, the damage done by certain types of weather can be costly and into the £Ms. 

Not to mention the added cost to family's that will require heating coming back on next week. 

Interesting weather next week, if we can get some thundery showers. 

Started off sunning here this morning but a small area of cloud has moved over, hopefully it clears! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
11 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Not warm here ,it's been a cloudy daze :yahoo:

Moki be off with you. *points finger and tells moki off tuna stylee*

• Like 1

Posted

Maybe a bit of the white stuff there for Monday night/Tuesday morning. NW London and St Albans look likely to get the best of any snow. Inch or two maybe?:whistling:

gfs-2-66.png

gfs-2-72.png

75-780UK.GIF

Edited by snowray

Posted

Oh and I almost forgot, the ground is wet here I just noticed, so we must have caught one of them small dots on the radar...Yes its been raining!:help:

Posted

Misses me then. oh well.:shok:

Posted

all my stuff in the garden  is growing already:doh:

2 hours ago, snowray said:

My worry is the frosts, got a cherry tree here in full bloom. The cold spell will happen but as usual the duration of the northerly itself is being shortened with each run as high pressure moves in from the west. Was a 4 day northerly being shown a couple of days back, then a three day one, now looks pretty well over by Wednesday.

May get watered down even more yet.

Posted
55 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

all my stuff in the garden  is growing already:doh:

I thought you were a snow fan lassie, can't you sacrifice your garden stuff for an inch of settled snow then?:whistling:

Only joking, I have held back planting some plants and have taken potted plants indoors, things like basil and parsley, just in case. Planted my potatoes late, most still not sprouting so they should be ok.:)

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

I thought you were a snow fan lassie, can't you sacrifice your garden stuff for an inch of settled snow then?:whistling:

Only joking, I have held back planting some plants and have taken potted plants indoors, things like basil and parsley, just in case. Planted my potatoes late, most still not sprouting so they should be ok.:)

I love snow but i would have to replant everything :sorry:

Posted

Snow would kill my lovely lawn. NO NO NO.

Posted

Met and BBC did a pretty bad job with the temps today. Forecast 13, got 18. 

Posted

Yes was cold morning but lovely and sunny afternoon, very mild too.

Next week looking like a damp squib for us down here by the way, I did expect the usual watering down, maybe a bit of sleety rain around at times though early in the week. 4 day event, 3 day event, 2 day event, NO EVENT. :rofl:

Models are crap basically, as per usual when it comes to anything cold in the UK.

Morning gang, 

Yep the cold spell is now a cold blip as I expected as did others. 

What was showing as a 4-5 day cold northly is now a 2 day fart, if that. 

The cold air has not even reached the south by Monday night but it will turn cooler over night Monday. 

Then it's a case of thundery showers with hail as long as no crud and any risdual cloud blocks the sun out. 

In any sunshine it should feel pleasent enough but the wind will be a reminded that its a northly wind. 

By Thursday its all over and people will be wondering "was that it" with all the hype over last week! 

Today starting cloudy but expect good amounts of sunshine again. 

Posted

Yes sun is coming out here now, very pleasant day coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Hello peeps.

Thought I would drop in.

Not a bad day weather wise and could lend to a north beds walk later.

Not looking forward to the cold spell coming up, got plants under cover for now but they really should be out now so not doing them any good.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well yesterday was drizzly to start before the sun came out, today is quite similar with a lot of cloud initially which is giving way to some sunny spells.

Having noticed the page count, I think a new thread is in order, I will lock this one and start a new one in around 10 minutes or so.

Locked now, new thread here;

Edited by Captain Shortwave