Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted

I do not remember the last time it rained.

It's been incredibly dry, with summer in sight it is worrisome. I don't agree with Ben frankly I think you're deluded! Makes a change eh? Do you live in a swamp. :p 

It snowed here at the rear end of April last year in the form of showers, the charts suggest this may repeat. Strangely cyclical. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Had to de-ice the car this morning, but otherwise it has been a fine and pleasant day with lots of sunshine and light winds. A high of 13C.

Next week looks cold with frosts and possibly wintry showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
On 17/04/2017 at 14:35, lassie23 said:

Snow at the end of April...........surely not:shok::cold-emoji:

Doh... it's so frustrating! How many times have we seen this? By early May it's warmer in Russia & Siberia than here!! Could that lovely warm Siberian air make it to us on that easterly flow for early May!!! :laugh::nonono:

5th May and warmer in Russia... 58f7b0b652e31_GFS859Fri5May.thumb.png.6a3f9ec943f125c1ed306debd5530a0e.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
14 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I do not remember the last time it rained.

It's been incredibly dry, with summer in sight it is worrisome. I don't agree with Ben frankly I think you're deluded! Makes a change eh? Do you live in a swamp. :p 

It snowed here at the rear end of April last year in the form of showers, the charts suggest this may repeat. Strangely cyclical. 

Deluded? Ok Daniel. 

Enjoying walks with my dogs and my outdoor fitness training and Saturday football training without trying to tackle buckets of rain killing your plans makes me deluded? 

If you want to sit there worrying why one of the wettest countries in Europe is having a prolonged dry spell then go ahead. Try enjoying it instead, you'll soon get your rain. Trust me. 

42 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Deluded? Ok Daniel. 

Enjoying walks with my dogs and my outdoor fitness training and Saturday football training without trying to tackle buckets of rain killing your plans makes me deluded? 

If you want to sit there worrying why one of the wettest countries in Europe is having a prolonged dry spell then go ahead. Try enjoying it instead, you'll soon get your rain. Trust me. 

Next week will probably bring the first rain to the region in a little while. Although the flow from the north does look cold on the 850hpa I think at the surface it will be warmer.. But this means in any breaks in the cloud I think April showers will be the course we go down next week. Although by Wednesday high pressure is beginning to ridge in and sweep the low pressure away cutting off any form of showers. 

From then on, guess what.. High pressure takes control again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 hour ago, Ben Lewis said:

Deluded? Ok Daniel. 

And fine you don't want rain, there is no need to be so rude to the people like myself that need some rain or worry about the fact we just haven't had any.  

All I wanted was enough to wet the garden you'd think i'd asked for a monsoon the way you carry on.

have a nice training sess.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning All. Am I sensing this thread is going the same way as the Model one? :closedeyes:

As ever, you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. So whether its rain you want or not, then maybe agree to disagree as to the pros/cons of some precipitation :) 

Personally I dont care about the weather, I like the variations we have in the UK. A walk in the rain with the dog is just as pleasureable as a walk in the sun. But for anyone who goes outside every day it cannot be helped noticing the distinct lack of rain we have had in the SE London/North Kent/Kent area. And to me, it is a concern, considering how much agriculture in Kent may be affected by this dry spell.

So although i am not about to do a rain dance, I am waiting in anticipation for some wet weather. If only enough to wet people's gardens.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Dami said:

And fine you don't want rain, there is no need to be so rude to the people like myself that need some rain or worry about the fact we just haven't had any.  

All I wanted was enough to wet the garden you'd think i'd asked for a monsoon the way you carry on.

have a nice training sess.

Dami, I think you need to go back and read who's being rude here. 

You'll find I was replying to comment calling me 'deluded' 

I was never rude to anyone, nor did I call them a name. 

I suggest you block my posts, I'll do the same. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Lovely sunny morning here and the chilly breeze has gone, should turn out pretty mild this afternoon, may cloud over later though from the north. Should be a pretty decent weekend with temps recovering well.

As for next week, well its hard to say how much rain we will actually get in the SE, it will feel a lot colder though with a cold wind. Some runs have show a period of heavy rain for the region as a little feature forms in the northerly flow. As for sleet/snow, there could certainly be a few flakes in heavier showers that move down the country and later moving in from the north sea and nights with frosts around likely. 

Anyway the worst of it will be Tuesday/Weds/Thursday I expect.

120-574.GIF

132-574.GIF

144-580UK.GIF

162-580UK.GIF

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, MAF said:

Morning All. Am I sensing this thread is going the same way as the Model one? :closedeyes:

As ever, you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. So whether its rain you want or not, then maybe agree to disagree as to the pros/cons of some precipitation :) 

Personally I dont care about the weather, I like the variations we have in the UK. A walk in the rain with the dog is just as pleasureable as a walk in the sun. But for anyone who goes outside every day it cannot be helped noticing the distinct lack of rain we have had in the SE London/North Kent/Kent area. And to me, it is a concern, considering how much agriculture in Kent may be affected by this dry spell.

So although i am not about to do a rain dance, I am waiting in anticipation for some wet weather. If only enough to wet people's gardens.

Don't panic MAF, I don't stick my neck out very often here, but as they say enough was enough. But sorted now.

Carry on as you were.

:D

Edited by Dami

Posted

Actually had some rain today. Not much but quite big spots.

:yahoo:

Posted
2 hours ago, Dami said:

Don't panic MAF, I don't stick my neck out very often here, but as they say enough was enough. But sorted now.

Carry on as you were.

:D

Keep-calm-and-carry-on-scan.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

I never meant to cause offence to you Ben but I stand by that, fair enough...no one likes walking in saturated boggy fields - but long may it continue? You do not live a million miles from me, so I'm a tad mystified as to what 'conditions' you're experiencing. Sounds like we have just got out of a deeply unsettled spell, the animation made by MetO below suggests it's been the driest Oct-March for ~20 years for the UK as a whole. Most likely even longer in my location it has been remarkably dry. We do not have a wet climate in our region compared to Scottish highlands/NW, it's continental and dry sheltered from the drenching Atlantic rain belts. A bit of rain is good. Our climate is getting drier but with increased incidents of flash flooding short but intense rainfalll. I do no think the current situation is a "disaster" yet but the rate things are going I sense restrictions will not be that far away. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Bit of a dreary day here with a cool feel and not much sun until now, which is a bit late.

As for the melodramatic rain posts, I'd love some heavy rain to soak my allotment. I use hoses but when it's dry like this every old bugger is hogging the taps all day and the pressure is crap, so it takes hours to water the whole 2 plots. Saying that, I would not like endless rains and Atlantic rubbish. Some heavy nighttime frontal rain, thundery showers and plenty of warm sunshine to go, please :)

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Probably one of the most humid feeling days this year. That little tiny bit of rain last night has made it feel really damp and humid this morning. 

Next week's cold as expected has begun the down climb. I don't except anything Diffrent to this week apart from the chance of getting a few hefty showers. Even then though they look like staying close to the shores.

This week was showing a week or so back as the same as next week. And it's meant to get up to 19c today!! 

Edited by Surrey

Posted

'noon All. Looking a bit brighter here this afternoon. still a chill in the air though.

Fortunately I am working Sunday so have to be up early. I say "fortunately" because if I wasnt working, I would still be up early - woken by the mutitude of helicopters circling above my home zooming in for the marathon :doh: 

Posted

Starting to see the effects of the great lack of rainfall. It shouldn't be like this in April!!

IMG_2319.thumb.JPG.514b9f9bee2f1ca1bdfa17820b5ae033.JPGIMG_2318.thumb.JPG.ac61cdb9756826c809d1d7c78db6a97a.JPG

The marathon route goes right past me it does make a racket and well you can't get anywhere due to the road closures aside from on foot. At least the weather conditions look good for them. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Starting to see the effects of the great lack of rainfall. It shouldn't be like this in April!!

IMG_2319.thumb.JPG.514b9f9bee2f1ca1bdfa17820b5ae033.JPGIMG_2318.thumb.JPG.ac61cdb9756826c809d1d7c78db6a97a.JPG

The marathon route goes right past me it does make a racket and well you can't get anywhere due to the road closures aside from on foot. At least the weather conditions look good for them. 

Edited by Surrey

Argh bloody phone! Sorry Daniel, I was trying to edit it so I typed the below:

I do a lot of ground mantiance for sites all over the south right down to the coast. 

Some grass requires now a cut every week some every 2 weeks at the moment. 

What I have noticed this year is the crazy amount of leaves and thick foliage already out on the trees and shrubs. I'm sure you've noticed while driving the thick tall grass on the roundabouts etc and Duel carriageways. 

What I think is happening like in the photo is the trees and shrubs have gone into over drive because of the amount of strong sunshine and very warm temperatures. 

If I took a photo now of the oak in my garden and sent it to you had you been out the country, you would have thought is was late June early July. 

So they require more moisture to accommodate this crazy growth spurt bought on by the near perfect conditions but lacking one thing. Moisture. So all the big trees and new growth is sucking up every drop there is left in the ground. Okay your bigger trees will be way down into ground water, but younger trees and shrubs won't be. 

I've noticed dead rings huge ones under trees recently like a near perfect circle around the tree. 

Could be I'm talking crap, just a theory

• Like 2

Posted
38 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Argh bloody phone! Sorry Daniel, I was trying to edit it so I typed the below:

I do a lot of ground mantiance for sites all over the south right down to the coast. 

Some grass requires now a cut every week some every 2 weeks at the moment. 

What I have noticed this year is the crazy amount of leaves and thick foliage already out on the trees and shrubs. I'm sure you've noticed while driving the thick tall grass on the roundabouts etc and Duel carriageways. 

What I think is happening like in the photo is the trees and shrubs have gone into over drive because of the amount of strong sunshine and very warm temperatures. 

If I took a photo now of the oak in my garden and sent it to you had you been out the country, you would have thought is was late June early July. 

So they require more moisture to accommodate this crazy growth spurt bought on by the near perfect conditions but lacking one thing. Moisture. So all the big trees and new growth is sucking up every drop there is left in the ground. Okay your bigger trees will be way down into ground water, but younger trees and shrubs won't be. 

I've noticed dead rings huge ones under trees recently like a near perfect circle around the tree. 

Could be I'm talking crap, just a theory

Indeed I've noticed that too I think that's not a bad theory. Very green and lush juxtaposing with ground level. Well I live next to a woodland, definitely a 'premature' maturity feel. It has not been overly sunny spring.. today for instance overcast throughout, there have been no frosts since early February it has been really quite mild. Not much rain whatsoever. 

IMG_2325.thumb.JPG.06656b99d8b2bce2dccbe719db0db7ad.JPG 

IMG_2320.thumb.JPG.796644e23436e4d016ddc58a8c18969f.JPGIMG_2321.thumb.JPG.f246f1529f0856c74052ef09118eb697.JPGIMG_2324.thumb.JPG.e17c3b2f25e14236a5da50ef2bd54f60.JPG

• Like 2

Posted

Great Astro tough fitness session tonight. Dry and cool. 

Looking at the above pictures at the vegetation, it looks really good to me. I'd much rather see pictures like that than floods and bogged ground. 

Trees and grass looking green & lush round here, pretty sure May will deliver the rain you all crave and this dry weather will be a distant memory. 

Im enjoying every minute of it and making use of the outdoor fitness training before having to retreat back indoors.

What a change to have a dusty dry ground in April - anyone would think we are a wet country - oh wait!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After an ok-ish morning here the cloud thickened to give a rather poor afternoon, very gloomy but dry. There was a little bit of rain overnight though. Hopefully sunnier tomorrow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Quite warm here this afternoon and no breeze at all.  Love seeing huge cumulus clouds this time of year, with showers, sun and rainbows; however, we cannot control the weather. Enjoy the weekend x

• Like 1