Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely day with only some fair weather cloud bubbling up during the afternoon, not sure what is causing the models to frequently predict 100% cloud cover only for the reality to be the complete opposite. A respectable high of 15C.

Next week does look cooler, though we have been at this point before.....

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's been another glorious day here in St Leonards-on-Sea with nigh on unbroken sunshine, a light breeze and a max of 15.4c. It may be boring to some but I'm more than happy with this current spell of very settled weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

A lovely week end ahead of us. next week end i'm seeing rain. This is not good as garden stuffs are being done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Another week gone without a drop of rain, and it doesn't look like anything will come until next weekend at the earliest, and that doesn't look significant. Everything is so dry at the moment, following 6 months drier than average. Hosepipe bans this summer?

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All. Yes the lack of rain is concerning me too. I think the cost of fruit & vegetables will rise come autumn and farmers may suffer another year of low yeild.

I like warm dry spring weather, but each season has its variations and winter/spring in my mind should have been wetter then currently.

The weekend is looking good for sun lovers, and it will make walking the dog a pleasant thing. But i really dont mind walking him in torrential rain too :)

Observations

Sunny

Observed at 08:00, Friday 7 April

7°C 45°F

Wind Speed 5 km/h 3 mph North Westerly

Humidity: 84%

Visibility: Good

Pressure: 1029mb, Rising

Observation station: London

(Lat: 51.517 | Lon: -0.1)

• Like 1

Posted

The wind is chilly.

Shame the nice temps coming won't spark off a few thundery bangs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Another lovely day.
Sun, few clouds decent temps, still nice and cool in shade, not much wind.
Oh so perfect, yes a lack of rain however I think we had our fair share in the last few years thank you very much.

Maybe we need a few dry years, force the water companies to start thinking of moving water around.

Never enough down here especially when they keep building houses in water scare areas in the south east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

22c possible today to the West of our region.

BBC TV weather forecast going for 25c possible tomorrow- lovely! Doesn't get much better. 

I wondered when the panic 'no rain' posts would start. Bit of dry ground and no rain for a week and all of sudden we are the Sahara. Makes me laugh every year. 

Just enjoy it instead of worrying, it's not often you get to walk through nature trails and fields in this country without getting soaked and caped in mud!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

To help the discussions, here's the Regional Rainfall anomaly charts (variance from 1981-2010 average) for the 4 months Dec 2016 to Mar 2017.

58e89e8f53192_RainfallAnomDec2016.thumb.jpg.68bfa8ae7d74d424529c4e543a70371c.jpg58e89f4e1f095_RainfallAnomJan2017.thumb.jpg.e756965abec539f23d8191f98b35c9ab.jpg58e89f5650c5e_RainfallAnomFeb2017.thumb.jpg.459f6ebffbb463ca63387f95c9254b30.jpg58e89f5e25186_RainfallAnomMar2017.thumb.jpg.070bb0db1c0be02fef4ccec5ebd59a8b.jpg

And here's what the underlying figures used to produce those charts are showing:

East Anglia variance from long-term average: Dec 62% down; Jan 9% down; Feb 11% up; Mar 28% down.

SE & Central England variance: Dec 77% down; Jan 7% up; Feb 2% up; Mar 29% down.

So the story of the winter can be summed up as overall, drier than average, with the front and back-end months of Dec and March markedly dry, but Jan & Feb fairly close to average. And if the weather gods are reading this post, no, we don't want the deficit made up over the summer thank you! :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A foggy start this morning but the sun has worked through that now to leave sunny skies.

Posted

Nearly 20C here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Another glorious day and an even better one tomorrow. The flip flops are coming out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Well into the 70s here. Not bad for early April. Hurry up July and 63f 

Posted

That's 7 days in a row with almost unbroken sunshine here. Narrowly missed 70F so far but should reach it tomorrow. Next week looks cooler and cloudier, but then according to the Met this week was supposed to be cool and cloudy too.

Posted

Reached 22C here. 

Posted

A glorious start to the day here, off to London to apparently give a tour of all the sights of London to a bunch of Canadians. The prospect of temperatures getting close to 25C in the first half of April is a real joy I must admit. Bring on the warmth.

• Like 2

Here we go then! Possibly the warmest day again this year and the first taste hopefully for what summer holds. 

Bring it on!! 3rd BBQ in a row today!! 

And ignore the doom and gloom in the model thread yes for the north it does look a bit shoddy 

From the met 

Tonight:

Cloud amounts will tend to increase through the course of the evening and overnight but staying mainly dry with some clear spells. Minimum Temperature 7 °C.

Monday:

Much cooler than Sunday. A dry and bright morning with sunny spells. Cloud amounts increasing through the afternoon with the odd shower possible later. Maximum Temperature 14 °C.

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Tuesday: mainly dry with sunny spells. Wednesday: rather cloudy and breezy with some rain possible during the afternoon. Thursday: sunny spells and showers. Temperatures closer to average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
On 4/8/2017 at 09:32, Blessed Weather said:

To help the discussions, here's the Regional Rainfall anomaly charts (variance from 1981-2010 average) for the 4 months Dec 2016 to Mar 2017.

58e89e8f53192_RainfallAnomDec2016.thumb.jpg.68bfa8ae7d74d424529c4e543a70371c.jpg58e89f4e1f095_RainfallAnomJan2017.thumb.jpg.e756965abec539f23d8191f98b35c9ab.jpg58e89f5650c5e_RainfallAnomFeb2017.thumb.jpg.459f6ebffbb463ca63387f95c9254b30.jpg58e89f5e25186_RainfallAnomMar2017.thumb.jpg.070bb0db1c0be02fef4ccec5ebd59a8b.jpg

And here's what the underlying figures used to produce those charts are showing:

East Anglia variance from long-term average: Dec 62% down; Jan 9% down; Feb 11% up; Mar 28% down.

SE & Central England variance: Dec 77% down; Jan 7% up; Feb 2% up; Mar 29% down.

So the story of the winter can be summed up as overall, drier than average, with the front and back-end months of Dec and March markedly dry, but Jan & Feb fairly close to average. And if the weather gods are reading this post, no, we don't want the deficit made up over the summer thank you! :)

Do you have any details on my area because I think we must be lower than those figures Malc.

Memory plays tricks on your mind but I cant remember much rain at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another stunning day yesterday and an even better one to come hopefully. Enjoying it to the max, even got sunburnt yesterday despite putting on suncream.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Wonderful weather, blue skies, ending on the highest temp of the year so far today, 24c, maybe 25c some are saying. Payback time though next week and over Easter with colder weather looking likely, but I suspect that it won't be too bad in our neck of the woods. Be sometime before we hit 24/25c again though so make the most of it today.:)

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

Do you have any details on my area because I think we must be lower than those figures Malc.

Memory plays tricks on your mind but I cant remember much rain at all.

I don't think there's any breakdown into specific locations on the Met Office website. They make up their Regional values by taking a representative cross section of the Weather Stations in the area. But at least you can go back to any month since 2001. Here's the March 2017 page:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/2017/march/regional-values

I found the website below that does give you daily values for Shoeburyness going back to 2008. But that's not very useful if you want to know whether your location has had a dry month or winter overall - you'd be days ploughing through the data! But I did quite like the table that shows what the past weather was like on a particular day going back over the years. 

https://www.worldweatheronline.com/shoeburyness-weather-history/essex/gb.aspx

Back to today - and what a gem!! Here's a chart to bring a smile to the face. Fantastic for this early in April. :)

58ea09823cfa7_ArpegeTempsSun09April17_00.thumb.png.69da740d91184d3d185747d6dc656ee2.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

We already have 22c at Heathrow and Kenley, wow never expected that high a temp at 12.00.:shok:

Feeling very warm here feels like mid summer!

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted

A line full of my jeans, that's how i roll on a warm sunday8)

Posted

Nudging towards 23C back at home a "much cooler" 17C here in Winchelsea with a cooling onshore wind more ideal really. I'm pretty sure the London area will top 25C pretty good going for early April. :) 

• Like 1

Posted

Heck of a breeze here now. My jeans have dried lovely.