Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted

Morning All. What a lovely bright, crisp start to the day! Hardly a cloud n the sky and out of the chilly breeze its quite nice.

Observations

Observed at 07:00, Tuesday 21 March

4°C 39°F

Wind Speed 23 km/h 14 mph West South Westerly

Humidity: 77%

Visibility: Very Good

Pressure: 1009mb, Rising

Observation station: London

(Lat: 51.517 | Lon: -0.1)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A chilly day with a few showers, mostly soft hail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After a hideous cold and wet morning, the weather improved somewhat from lunchtime to give some sun and a few showers. 

Posted

A pretty foul start to the day it turned rather foul again in the afternoon however a different kind. A gorgeous pinky sky as daylight started to fade, it's been a while since I've seen Londoners 'huddled' transfixed on tv screens dreadful day and very sad. 

But life goes on in the capital. As we do in times of adversity.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 4

Posted

A sombre walk into work this morning, my usual trip over Westminster bridge was, for obvious reasons, diverted.

Its a bit grey and breezy out there this morning, but to be honest, who cares about the weather right now.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A bit better today weatherwise, apart from that vile screaming wind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A reasonable day with plenty of sunshine, although this was frequently a little hazy with some high, thin cloud about. The spoiler today was the stiff ENE'ly wind (strongest gust 30 mph this afternoon) combined with a top temp of 10.4C which made it feel quite chilly.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking like a repeat performance today with lots of sunshine, some high, thin cirrus, but a stiff ENE'ly wind - although many of us will have to wait for the warm front and associated cloud covering the south of the Region to pull away first. Maybe a touch of rural frost inland tonight, but always too much wind near the coast to allow the temps to fall away enough.

Cloud 07.25 58d4ced996edb_CloudFri24Mar07_25.thumb.jpg.3e2d59aefbfe7ecd84c0e5668b830e03.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Could sum up this week in three words

chilly, wet and cloudy.

Had an exciting hail shower sounded great against the new windows.

Comic relief today, Bubs has 'chosen' her outfit with hubs when I was in the bath last week. It is certainly red and on trend. 

Posted

Morning All. well that breeze is a bit chilly! glad i put a decent jacket on this morning. walked across westminster Bridge and looked at the floral tributes left along it. stark reminder of the tradegy and yet in complete juxtaposition there were tourists standing having their photos taken with the backdrop of Big Ben and HoP as happens everday. so glad to see life goes on and is not deterred by fear.

we are not afraid.png

• Like 6

Posted

Dull and gloomy today again until late afternoon when the skies suddenly cleared. Far too late to be of use and that wind is horrid. Hopefully sunshine from the word go tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
7 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Dull and gloomy today again until late afternoon when the skies suddenly cleared. Far too late to be of use and that wind is horrid. Hopefully sunshine from the word go tomorrow.

Planted your melons yet?

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Planted your melons yet?

Yes! Did them this morning. How about you? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes! Did them this morning. How about you? 

Was waiting for the weather to warm up.

Posted

Beautiful Saturday morning here - and a terrific satellite image of Europe shows it should be the same right across the UK.

58d62f20299be_CloudSat25Mar08_30.thumb.jpg.7af83332a85a943afa434f627b944c56.jpg

But what has struck me this morning is the amount of contrails formed by aircraft that are cluttering the sky - I would guess I'm losing 20% of clear blue sky here. Time to revive the 'chemtrails' conspiracy theory that it's intentional additives in the fuel causing them, to help combat global warming! :laugh:

58d62f2b3659c_CloudTrailsSat24Mar.thumb.jpg.bee8a0b2042d387aa26bf484a6b49856.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's getting lighter and warmer. Which means I am now only a little bit annoyed man with man to do gardens hasn't come back with a date he can start, but on discovering pinterest I have great plans for it and the kitchen. *a-hem* 

Cold this morning when i got up to make a coffee while hubs watched the FI. Now bright and sunny and a great day for the party bubs has got this afternoon. It normally rains.

Also means I have no excuse to do a few lines of washing, but its t-shirts so a good thing. means the stormy season is getting closer. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A beautiful weekend to come, hopefully with little or no cloud at all (well except for some high level stuff and maybe a little low cloud tomorrow morning).

Posted

A massively improved morning compared to those this last week gone, sunshine from the start of the day. Still a rather nagging breeze but not quite as vile as previous days which will make it feel warmer :)

Posted

It was lovely going for a walk just outside Chelmsford today under clear blue skies. That said I still had a few layers on because of that wind. The airmass over us is unusually dry for the UK with relative humidity generally between 20 and 30 percent. I guess most would wish we would get that during the hotter periods of the summer.

• Like 2

Posted

Unusually low dew points -10c earlier for a few london 'stations' I do not recall seeing DPs so low, maybe during 2010? The airmass must be very dry not a zip of moisture, a little similar to desert areas with low humidity very pleasant, which experience rather low dew points too. It would have a very cold winter day. A real stunning spring day, blue skies from the offset.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
10 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

It was lovely going for a walk just outside Chelmsford today under clear blue skies. That said I still had a few layers on because of that wind. The airmass over us is unusually dry for the UK with relative humidity generally between 20 and 30 percent. I guess most would wish we would get that during the hotter periods of the summer.

Hello Captain,

Welcome back to the centre of the universe!:yahoo:

I was stewarding at Chemsford City yesterday afternoon on the Leisure Centre side of the ground. Whilst supporters were basking in the sun on the main stand side, I and fellow supporters were in the teeth of a relentless very cool wind. Also our side of the ground was in the shade and it felt very cold. everyone coming over to our side remarked on how cold it felt. When I walked to the exit at the end of the game it felt like a different world and much more pleasant.

Today looks as if it will be another cracker in the sun and out of the wind, with tomorrow hopefully losing the nagging wind.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted

Some low cloud here this morning but the sun is breaking through, thankfully. Hopefully another sunny day to come, that nasty wind had moderated a little.

Posted

A clear sunny start down in south Essex, back to the Fens this evening with a very long week ahead (eurgh overtime every day). 

It will turn a little cloudier and eventually a little more mixed into next week, but with lighter winds and higher temperatures than what we have had over this weekend.