Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Gentle roar of trees in the wind out there now...rather pleasant.

I too an disappointed in the 'front loaded' winter that never arrived, although the fog and frosts were very atmospheric.  I don't want a cold spell mid March as there is loads to do on the allotment! Oh well, the weather doesn't care what we want!!

Beware the October Fog Index:ninja:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It was a bit windy when we took Little Red Riding Hood to school today, should of gone as Dorothy from the wizard of OZ.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
15 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Gentle roar of trees in the wind out there now...rather pleasant.

I too an disappointed in the 'front loaded' winter that never arrived, although the fog and frosts were very atmospheric.  I don't want a cold spell mid March as there is loads to do on the allotment! Oh well, the weather doesn't care what we want!!

Having an allotment makes me realise that the British climate will do anything to test a food growers patience to the max :D 

I especially detest this wind as it roars across our allotment site making outdoor work very unpleasant. High pressure please! Hope you and your plot are doing well, have you sown anything yet and what will you be growing this year? 

Posted
16 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Beware the October Fog Index:ninja:

It might surprise us yet!...possibly!!

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Having an allotment makes me realise that the British climate will do anything to test a food growers patience to the max :D 

I especially detest this wind as it roars across our allotment site making outdoor work very unpleasant. High pressure please! Hope you and your plot are doing well, have you sown anything yet and what will you be growing this year? 

My tatties are chitting (that seems to be going ok) and I've sown leeks indoors, did manage to get some garlic in in late autumn, my boyfriend's dad gave me a champagne rhubarb crown that he's halved, I bought Autumn raspberries - that's it so far. I went to a garden centre in November and they were selling off packets of seeds for 50p and I went a bit crazy and bought everything :D. So I'm growing courgettes, 'cinderella' pumpkins, 'sunshine' squash, sweetcorn, 5 types of chilli, radishes, parsnips, spring onion, runner beans, 10 different herbs and sweet peas. For pure novelty value (not expecting anything!) I've got hops growing, giant pumpkin seeds and loofah seeds. The latter needs a greenhouse really - but unfortunately we aren't allowed closed structures of any sort or indeed glass. 

There's much talk on this forum of melons!! I've love to grow some - but given my very unsheltered position with no greenhouse, I don't know if I'd just be wasting space.

And now I'm wondering if this cold spell mid month will happen an what that means for my 'lotty'.

What are you (and another forum members!) growing this year - anything new or unusual? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Great that you made use of the sale on seeds, sounds well worth it. Will have to look out this year for sales. Will you make beer from your hops lol? Shame your site doesn't allow greenhouses or polytunnels, they are so useful. Can you use cloches? The most exotic things I'll try growing this year are okra (tried and failed last year), mooli and melons. You can get melons that should ripen outside, think 'Outdoor Wonder' and 'Emir' are quite reliable, unless we have a very poor summer. I'll be growing potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, sweetcorn, cabbages, broccoli, beetroot, carrot, parsnips, winter squash, spinach and loads of fruit this year :) Fingers crossed for a nice summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

We are hoping to get our tip of a garden sorted maybe in April, new lawn, major weeding and decking for sitting down and having BBQ's and a play area for bubs. I am hoping April is kind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Congratulations Surrey.

The Outputs have thrown up a snow storm mid month :nonono:

Posted

Congratulations Surrey! It's a great feeling to be able to drive, you can now go storm chasing too :)

Posted

I'll happily take some cold weather. GFS 12z shows just that a northerly blast.

image.thumb.png.c2e72c324858501babbba4fa774c6f3c.pngimage.thumb.png.7e90bb1d6a5a088811c07a8e238fc590.pngimage.thumb.png.5fb3fe52949b500572317712974014fb.png

The GEFS mean depict a strong signal for things to turn cooled/colder sorry Surrey!

A cold spell is certainly possible with wintry precipitation, if you want unusually warm weather I think this March you will be hard pressed to find this. 

image.thumb.gif.71dcfff939f4ee43ac66ce1819e4fbea.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Some lightning strikes showing up within that rain band moving in .

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted

More strikes appearing now one only 10 miles from me .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between
12 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

More strikes appearing now one only 10 miles from me .

Just had a flash and thunder here in Addlestone

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Jezzer said:

Just had a flash and thunder here in Addlestone

Can hear the rumbles now time to go to the window to watch .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

You jammy buggers...I'll have to content myself with Nick Abbott!:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Just had 3 or 4 close flashes of lightning, really caught me by surprise. 

Posted

6 miles away and getting closer . I can here rumbles but can't see lightening and have near clear skies . :cc_confused:

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

You jammy buggers...I'll have to content myself with Nick Abbott!:yahoo:

At least it's not Diane :shok:

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, fulham snow said:

Big clap of thunder in Epsom

Rapid changes here too big clap of thunder , cloud has rolled in and the wind has noticeably increased. And now a big flash.

IMG_5741.PNG

Edited by Mark wheeler