Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Sleet with splodges of snow on the wind screen earlier, during my drive home :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Top of the morning to you all, we had hailstones and thunder in Seaford East Sussex last night. But it look s good this morning, calm and chilly, but that Sun is going to burst thru. Have a Super day. Last day of the M E T Office winter. I Love the Spring. Bring on that heat. Good Health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

well what an interesting night. Rain, hail, thunder and lightening. This morning I've pulled back my curtains to find a layer of snow in the cars, I wasn't expecting that. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cold start here (1C) with some frost but I can see plenty of blue sky and the sun! Finally :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Plenty of sunshine around to start the day. Chilly though after an overnight min of 1.1C. Looks like lots of showers waiting in the wings out to the west, no doubt some heading our way for later today!

58b533040aa37_CloudTues28Feb08_00.thumb.jpg.0dc3e96522a8f5cab5dc2ecfaad0cf2f.jpg

Nice to read the posts above - clearly some places copped some very hefty showers yesterday and overnight. There was nothing of note here and only 5.6mm of rain in the last 24 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Greetings from Manchester , this has made my trip worthwhile.

IMG_5681.JPG

IMG_5682.JPG

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 4

Posted

We had an annoying veil of cloud first thing, but the sunshine has burst thru now, hail still lying in the shade from last night, but them temps should rocket now. Good Health.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

As my status suggests, I am not a happy bunny this morning. In fact I am fuming. Even chocolate didn't calm me down. So in the last few weeks bubs has 'lost' two woolen hats and it was the fact we given their PE kits to take home that we found out someone has taken her joggers, which have to be in school colours and weren't easy to find. 

Weather wise. sunny.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Was down Winchelsea early this morning. Everything covered in hail coming through Rye, still a little remaining in the shade now. Watched the storms out in the channel lightning up the sky for a couple hours. A glorious morning out there now, blue skies and a warm sun, lovely!

• Like 2

Posted

A Smashing tip top day. They did not forecast this. Warm in the sun. No wind. Blue sky. Bar rising.

Super. Good Health.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

After a bright dry morning and early afternoon rain is about to push through West Suffolk. Temperature's of only 2C in the west midlands behind this band of light moderate rain, so maybe a wintry mix for our area later.

Convective showers breaking out near Lowestoft and NE Norfolk.

Dew points widely hoover at or just above freezing. High Wycombe currently 2C.

Edited by Gavin Plummer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's dark and raining. Joggers found on the side on class. happier.

just rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Rain has turned to sleet and snow!!! :yahoo:

Now back to rain/sleet after some large snow flakes...... a very wintry mix!!

Edited by Gavin Plummer

Posted

Last night of Winter, a few hefty showers hugging the coast again, probably heading towards Eastbourne and Rye again like last night.

Looking forward to a long hot summer. Good Health.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
14 hours ago, leedsnowfan said:

Looking a little rough Weds Night into Thursday.....any thoughts??

Yes, a windy 36 hours coming up with gales near coasts, although winds not on the scale of Doris the other day. Arpege wind gust charts below paint the picture. Nothing yet at 16.00 this afternoon; it's not until late into the evening that gales move along the South coast with gusts around 60 kph (40 mph), although these initially don't penetrate very far inland.

Then into Thursday and a more widespread area of strong winds crosses the whole Region, the worse time likely around 03.00 with gusts of around 85 kph (52 mph). Then winds drop somewhat before a small feature crossing the UK west to east brings another pulse of strong winds for East Anglia (particularly Norfolk) around 16.00 with gusts back up to 85 kph.

Wed 16.00 58b68127b3782_ArpegeGusts01March16_00.thumb.png.dc284746495db94c2decaf796f66593e.png 23.00 58b68135e8b18_ArpegeGusts01March23_00.thumb.png.6d2f6dfe564a126994ba4da8acfbf77d.png

Thurs 03.00 58b68143235c9_ArpegeGusts02March03_00.thumb.png.37179195df7f007ce21f8f0d04f36991.png 16.00 58b68156e62d9_ArpegeGusts02March16_00.thumb.png.e7f9a6bcdfa08e119d6d7951343fe3a1.png

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes, a windy 36 hours coming up with gales near coasts, although winds not on the scale of Doris the other day. Arpege wind gust charts below paint the picture. Nothing yet at 16.00 this afternoon; it's not until late into the evening that gales move along the South coast with gusts around 60 kph (40 mph), although these initially don't penetrate very far inland.

Then into Thursday and a more widespread area of strong winds crosses the whole Region, the worse time likely around 03.00 with gusts of around 85 kph (52 mph). Then winds drop somewhat before a small feature crossing the UK west to east brings another pulse of strong winds for East Anglia (particularly Norfolk) around 16.00 with gusts back up to 85 kph.

Wed 16.00 58b68127b3782_ArpegeGusts01March16_00.thumb.png.dc284746495db94c2decaf796f66593e.png 23.00 58b68135e8b18_ArpegeGusts01March23_00.thumb.png.6d2f6dfe564a126994ba4da8acfbf77d.png

Thurs 03.00 58b68143235c9_ArpegeGusts02March03_00.thumb.png.37179195df7f007ce21f8f0d04f36991.png 16.00 58b68156e62d9_ArpegeGusts02March16_00.thumb.png.e7f9a6bcdfa08e119d6d7951343fe3a1.png

Thanks @Blessed Weather....im glad its KPH and not MPH!

• Like 1

Posted

First day of Spring, rather grey here in East Sussex with bits of drizzle. Winds very calm. Sunset 5.43. Have a nice evening. Good Health.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

it's very very quiet here at the minute. No wind. No rain. Just wondering if this corner has missed the bad weather

Posted

As did Steve M I'm calling it a day on winter 16/17 the foreseeable does not promise much, I see scope for a rather cold northerly airstream by mid month, but all a bit too late to deliver here. I've never been so disappointed at least with winter 15/16, there were no elevated expectations. So that's four winters on the trot which have resulted in no meaningful snow cover not a single day. Really quite dreary/pathetic. Overall I'll rate this winter a 3/10 which is quite harsh but the thorn is the absence of snow. :( 

• Like 1

Posted

Gentle roar of trees in the wind out there now...rather pleasant.

I too an disappointed in the 'front loaded' winter that never arrived, although the fog and frosts were very atmospheric.  I don't want a cold spell mid March as there is loads to do on the allotment! Oh well, the weather doesn't care what we want!!

• Like 2