Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A wild day, a few trees down and a lot of branches in Cambridge on the floor, a tree fell down on the A10 which occurred right in front of me this morning. Luckily it only hit the trailer of a lorry and all it caused was a temporary inconvenience. 

I think it's fair to say that Doris will go down a one to remember. Got a vid hopefully it uploads okay. 

Max gust at Heathrow was 55 knots or around 63mph that was yesterday afternoon. Not just the strength of the wind but how long it lasted. 

Branches started coming down at work which okay is exposed from around 10-11am and the wind didn't ease till 4-5pm

First video is around midday as it really started to get going had about a 3 foot surf on the lake at one point around 2om just as we were leaving

MOV_0142.mp4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I hope you all came through Storm Doris unscathed back in the UK. Meanwhile over here in Mallorca my holiday has been made complete by a cracking little thunderstorm just before dawn this morning.

That about completes my weather experience over here during my stay.

Sun ( lots of it ), snow ( on the mountain peaks for several days ), gales and now a thunderstorm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very pleasant but chilly start to the day here after yesterday's dramas, 2C and some sunshine, with a very light W'ly wind. 

Posted

Morning All. Yes a bit chilly this morning, but dry and bright. The debris in St James' Park and along Birdcage Walk is quite a lot. I am amazed nobody was injured with all the fallen branches laying around.

Happy Friday :) 

Posted

Observations

Observed at 07:00, Friday 24 February

3°C 37°F

Wind Speed 11 km/h 7 mph Westerly

Humidity: 82%

Visibility: Very Good

Pressure: 1015mb, Rising

Observation station: London

(Lat: 51.517 | Lon: -0.1)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Top of the morning to you all. Very nice morning, Sunny and bright here in Seaford East Sussex. Temp now 9C. Feels warmer in the lovely sun, good day for cutting the grass. Sunset today at 5.32. Have a great day. Good health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Much calmer with sunny spells this morning. Whilst yesterday was interesting, but I really don't like stormy weather.

Posted

Well we got up to a nice 10C. thats 50 F. in old money but there is a small amount of cloud spoiling things now. But the lawn is cut. Time for a nice pub lunch. Only 5 Days to go till the Met office Spring. There are some daffs out already. Good Health to you all.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Super morning, what what. Clear, sunny, light breeze, the only thing that says we had any bad weather was the upturned bins. I think we escaped the worst. But yes there is a coolness to the wind.

Edited by Dami

Posted
13 minutes ago, TROY said:

Well we got up to a nice 10C. thats 50 F. in old money but there is a small amount of cloud spoiling things now. But the lawn is cut. Time for a nice pub lunch. Only 5 Days to go till the Met office Spring. There are some daffs out already. Good Health to you all.:D

They was all out in glory in December 2015 nature was tricked into thinking it was Spring - certainly a more seasonal winter nothing memorable not overly cold (the day we had an ice day was the most frigid feeling days I've experienced in a long time) but not overly mild. Rather average really overall I feel March is going to be a tame month and probably near average. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A dull and grey start here with spots of rain. Currently 6.8C after an overnight min of 3.9C.

Luckily it's a Six Nations Rugby weekend to cheer up the day. This afternoon is Scotland v Wales from Edinburgh and I'll watch it in my local with a few fellow Welsh friends. The Landlord reserves two tables in front the telly, one for each team. The Scottish lads who use the pub are great fun and for the game they will be fully dressed up in Scottish colours and tam-o-shanters; even a kilt has made an appearance before now. I'll be wearing my Welsh rugby shirt and scarve. It'll be great fun whatever the result!! :friends:

Back to the weather. I've been watching the GFS output this last few days and the headline for the first couple of weeks of March is shaping up to be 'unsettled and often wet'. Not counting today's weak front (or just plain, showery days) I counted 8 distinct fronts crossing the Region over the next two weeks on this morning's 0z run. So at the moment the indications are that March might well rectify any shortfall in winter rainfall that some locations have been experiencing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grey and dreary start to the day here and rather breezy. Today looks like disappointing so hopefully tomorrow will be better and at least see some sunshine.

Posted

Overcast and grey, im sure the rain is not far away. Was very nice in the sun yesterday tho, very surprising how much strength ther is in that sunshine, and its still only February. Good Health.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Cloudy and breezy day here in Haverhill Suffolk. Not quite as mild as the west Country so feeling distinctly chilly in the gusty winds.

winds.thumb.gif.7897b6fd18957e7c23aba00556b1163d.gif

An unsettled week ahead for East Anglia with a strong 200+ mph jet stream overhead. I do expect another potential wind storm next week, so will be watching the models with interest.

58b192bcc1dc9_Jetstream.thumb.jpg.c2f8622dd30a0c41bed3e15d5c783e4f.jpg

Everything but the kitchen sink possible for the next 7 days with sunshine, heavy showers, thunder, hail and gales at times. 

No early signs of Spring this year.

• Like 3

Posted

yucky and rainy? Buy trolls film and watch it struggled up with your baby <3

problem solved.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Definitely Spring my favourite season. Mild and just full of green.
13 minutes ago, Dami said:

yucky and rainy? Buy trolls film and watch it struggled up with your baby <3

problem solved.  

OMG I have watched trolls....U need a blankie too :p

Posted
28 minutes ago, ScarletHarris said:

OMG I have watched trolls....U need a blankie too :p

we have 2! :)

• Like 1

Posted

It does look like Spring will start off wet, no point celebrating that weak high as all it is doing is sending low pressure further south across most of the UK instead of being diverted further north. So it does look wet with temperatures near average. I can't see anything wintry or mild/warm in the outlook at the moment. 

Not a great day today with a lot of cloud and increasingly gloomy skies as the day has gone on.

• Like 4