Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted

Not looking forward  for the trip home with the bridge shut on the a14 I'm looking at  2 hour  trip home if I'm lucky!,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's pretty gusty out there and there is stuff flying around, all in all a dangerous afternoon to be out and about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Peek starting to come in now 2pm to around 6pm depending where u are in the region could be 70mph gusts at Heathrow which is really rare! 

I am travelling to East London from Brighton at 4pm.  Driving a transit.  Eeeek!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alpine glow said:

I am travelling to East London from Brighton at 4pm.  Driving a transit.  Eeeek!

Long way round for you then unless you fancy sitting in the traffic as Dartford Bridge is shut and chaos apparently!!!

Posted
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Could be interesting!! 

I know.. was hoping to get there by 6.30pm leaving at 4pm... just not sure now :/  

Oh well.. I don't mind missing the support band :D

Posted
1 minute ago, Flash Elvis said:

Long way round for you then unless you fancy sitting in the traffic as Dartford Bridge is shut and chaos apparently!!!

The QE2?  The bridge part?  I am guessing the crossing is still open for traffic but rammed due to it being both ways.

Posted
Just now, Alpine glow said:

The QE2?  The bridge part?  I am guessing the crossing is still open for traffic but rammed due to it being both ways.

Yeah The QE2 Bridge is shut - but tunnel is open but its only 1 tunnel going into Essex

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Extremely gusty here - at a guess I'd say 55-60mph.  Tree in a garden two doors down has a broken branch, with the dislodged section resiting on the branches below.

Posted

74mph gust reported here in Peterborough. Blown the tree down in my back garden!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, TEITS said:

74mph gust reported here in Peterborough. Blown the tree down in my back garden!

My estimate may have been a touch low, actually, given that.  Sorry to hear about the tree.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

There is a considerable roar outside the office now, is this the windiest it has been all day in Croydon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The worst of Doris has now eased in the west of the UK - just East Anglia and Kent still getting a battering, with 130 kph (81 mph) recorded on the coast of Norfolk recently. I wouldn't fancy standing on Cromer Pier at the mo!!

It's been fascinating to watch the progress of the extreme gusts as the storm moved from the west to east coast of the UK on Meteociel's gust charts. Charts below show every couple of hours from 09.00 this morning to 14.50 this afternoon:

58aef99ecb148_GustsUK09_00.thumb.png.d9aef1176c19058c0c8969485f2606b5.png58aef9ef55a27_GustsUK10_30.thumb.png.236beb4ca6274ac68a2a3cf1efa93df8.png58aefa0490301_GustsUK12_30.thumb.png.61ca11d082708461e2da9096cefa0d6d.png58aefa15b7cdb_GustsUK14_50.thumb.png.9e5ca94adc2a2ab9ce6c4814015358d3.png

• Like 2

Posted

OK Doris I give up!!!

plus we have no water - can I blame the wind on the water mains blowing???

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

image.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Some powerful gusts still here a very windy day in London the windiest in quite a long time some damage to the fence swinging back and fourth at the mo, lots of twigs/ small branches down strewn all over while walking through the local woodland. Wheelie bins are the victims of today. :rofl: 

Overall quite a typical winter storm it was never modelled to be anything of note for London/SE. I wonder when the next big one comes it surely will one day...