Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted

Morning All. Well it was certainly bracing this morning, but bright and dry too. Was watching BBC Weather last night and John Hammond suggested winter might not be over just yet. Hints of colder weather towards end of February.

Observations

Observed at 09:00, Monday 13 February

Sunny

6°C 43°F

Wind Speed 21 km/h 13 mph East North Easterly

Humidity: 84%

Visibility: Moderate

Pressure: 1023mb, Rising

Observation station: London

(Lat: 51.517 | Lon: -0.1)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Lovely sunshine here this morning and feeling quite mild, a lot better.

Posted

today I think was truly first day of noticing the length of the day. delighted that the dark mornings are going.

As with snow, march can deliver but everything we have tried this year has failed. so I am beginning to look to spring.    

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Just got back from a nice pub lunch, its really feeling springlike. In shirtsleeves again, I love this sunshine.:D More tomoz hopefully. Good Health.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, TROY said:

Just got back from a nice pub lunch, its really feeling springlike. In shirtsleeves again, I love this sunshine.:D More tomoz hopefully. Good Health.

Out in shorts and a t-shirt here.

4 hours ago, MAF said:

Morning All. Well it was certainly bracing this morning, but bright and dry too. Was watching BBC Weather last night and John Hammond suggested winter might not be over just yet. Hints of colder weather towards end of February.

Observations

Observed at 09:00, Monday 13 February

Sunny

6°C 43°F

Wind Speed 21 km/h 13 mph East North Easterly

Humidity: 84%

Pressure: 1023mb, Rising

The October Fog Index suggests another cold spell with snow, late in winter, never knew John Hammond used the OFI too.:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Wishing for snow on a lovely spring-like day as we have here today seems perverse and silly. Drains are unblocked, two loads of washing out in the windy sunshine, mouse evidence swept out of shed, pantry tidy, kids fed, off into town for some shopping and then tunes in the pub later. Spring! I don't care if that was the last of winter or if we have a bit more to come, it is lovely to be having a warm breezy day at last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A glorious sunny day today, though that strong wind still feels rather raw.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
8 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Out in shorts and a t-shirt here.

It's amazing how a little sunshine can deceive one to thinking its warmer than the actual temperature suggests lol ..

...what do you wear in Summer a fig leaf? 

;)

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

It's amazing how a little sunshine can deceive one to thinking its warmer than the actual temperature suggests lol ..

...what do you wear in Summer a fig leaf? 

;)

froze me knackers off in the shade

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Same here, thought I'd go out in the sunshine earlier in springtime attire, freeeezing, seems colder tonight than over the weekend, its not though, must be the wind chill and clear skies.

Posted

Morning All, well it certainly was cold last night walking the dog. The wind chill was colder then the days before with the "easterly" blowing. Go figure :D 

So this morning has started bright and not so cold as the wind is light. Looking at the forecasts for my area, its no heatwave with "feel like" temps in single figurres all week long. But at least its looking dry for the rest of the week.

Observations

Observed at 07:00, Tuesday 14 February

Clear Sky

3°C 37°F

Wind Speed 11 km/h 7 mph Easterly

Humidity: 85%

Pressure: 1022mb, Rising

Anyone got any Valentines day historical weather stories? coldest, warmest, wettest etc. ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lovely sunny start, although branches swaying in a stiff breeze. 5.2C.

Forgive my obsession with satellite images from Sat24, but I really enjoy taking a look in the morning, not just to see what's happening in the UK but to take a look around Europe too. Today is typically informative, showing the Low to the west of Ireland and its associated straggling occluded front stretching from the Med right up through the West Country and Ireland. The cloud on the front is streaming in a NW direction, whilst the front slowly edges east. Looks like East Anglian favourite to hold on to sunshine the longest today. Oh, and you can pick out the snow cover over the Alps, Pyrenees and mountains of Norway and Sweden! :)

58a2cc9b6f5cf_Cloud14Feb09_00.thumb.jpg.e57a9a3deb9ba9fafca13c675d4a7773.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Another nice mild day, winds are light here in Seaford East Sussex, so it feels nice in the sunny spells. Sunset today 5.17.

Temp 9C. At the moment thats 48F. in old money. Good Health and have a spiffing day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
41 minutes ago, fulham snow said:

feels like spring out there today.I love cold but cant beat feeling that sun on you

Yep, nothing better than warm sunshine. Snow, etc is fun and magical in its own way but I'm looking forward to the change of season. Could still get a cold wintry spell for quite a few weeks yet though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Just responding (albeit a bit late!) to snowray, Nick and Abruzzi Spur who replied to my post on the previous page, thanks for your replies!

I'm not far from Leith Hill and go there a fair amount, there's a beautiful bluebell wood there that we go to most years! I get what you mean about being too high and possibly being quote dark/shaded. I grew up on Boxhill and that was perfect - some fabulous snowy winters! 

But alas it seems a move to Europe would be the only way to get perfect summers and winters! Agreed that USA would be a nutty place to live right now but like the idea of no massive culture/language change!

I'm all about "roll on Springtime" now!!!xx

• Like 1

Posted

Is it just me, or is the weather really feeling Springlike? I Have not had the heating on today or yesterday. Local forecast for East Sussex is showing milder temps every day. Love it, bring on Springtime. Good Health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
14 hours ago, TROY said:

Is it just me, or is the weather really feeling Springlike? I Have not had the heating on today or yesterday. Local forecast for East Sussex is showing milder temps every day. Love it, bring on Springtime. Good Health to you all.

Yes it's been notably milder! Our house is a very cold house and it's been so nice to not feel as cold and my butter is more spreadable again too, lol! The forecast (according to Meto) looks set to stay this way for the foreseeable at the moment too! I'd gladly keep it mild with turning into a nice warm early spring in a few weeks time!x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Beautiful sunny morning here with a gentle breeze and 9C. There's cloud streaming down from the NW, but hopefully that won't get here to spoil things for several hours.

I think I'll get out and get some fresh air into the bellows later this morning. Been stuck in the house with a stinking cold for the last 2 days, feeling sorry for myself and clutching a loo roll to mop the dripping nose. Rudolf does a very good impression of my nose...... :reindeer-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted

Morning (Just) All. Bright here and mild in comparison to the start of the week. Half term means i get home just a bit earlier then normal and last night was close to being the first dog walk in ages where it was not totally dark. Clear skies gave a good view of Venus and a lot of other constellations seemed bright too.

Weekend is looking dry and bright for SE London.

Observations

Observed at 10:00, Thursday 16 February

Part Cloud

9°C 48°F

Wind Speed 11 km/h 7 mph Westerly

Humidity: 91%

Visibility: Good

Pressure: 1031mb, Rising

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very pleasant out in the sunshine, light winds and currently 11C here. Quite happy with this weather, had enough of cold.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the weather has been a lot milder over the past couple of days, though the rain at times hasn't been particularly welcome.