Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted

All a bit underwhelming. If things were less marginal there could have been a decent covering here alas all the snow melted on impact. Norfolk looks pretty in the snow. :good: 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

snowing here not settling and no doubt will turn to rain soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 hours ago, Mr_Pessimistic said:

Well well, an inch of lying snow here this morning, very unusual.. Thought It would have been rain..

Same here, though there has been some light rai this morning and we're firmly into the thaw now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Absolutely freezing here this morning. Feels much colder than its been in a long time. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dry, windy and very bitter...Seen so many rain-sleet-snow-sleet-rain conversions, these last few days, I wouldn't absolutely rule out another...Super-marginality?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Okay now I must admit I am get sick of this, I was out in Peterborough last night and the constant light rain was a nuisance and it felt absolutely freezing, now this morning that easterly is really starting to get some oomph so it feels horrid out there. 

Eurgh I think we have drained that cold pool for what it is worth, I am actually looking forward to the winds swinging southerly and bringing some sunnier skies and a little bit of warmth. At least a lot of locations at least saw some snow falling from the sky, some got a decent covering for a time as well.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Agree with you Shortwave, absolutely sick of this daily grime / wet / damp mornings - road starts to dry and then gets soaked in grime again, its wearing, really looking forward to some warmth and sun now its been a pretty grim winter, not to mention the amount of bugs / colds / flu going around every week!

Be nice not to have to constantly wash the car!!!!

Edited by chillyblast
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Strangely my forecast (although I didn't really make one) - which I posted back in the winter hopes thread back in November was for a lot of MLB and benign weather throughout with one genuine attempt to get real cold to our shores (not sure I've been correct as we've had 2 or 3 chances) and some might argue we've had some brief lying snow but to be honest it's all been to fleeting and slushy to be considered noteworthy and really without genuine cold temperatures.

Seems like this winter has been a long drawn out event with all those blocked cold signals back in late October and into November for a front loaded winter which did not come to fruition, makes you wonder with such a non-Atlantic and fairly dry winter would this have been colder 2 or 3 decades ago? I've heard several people mention that the warm SST's from Greenland through to the Barents sea area has not helped for sustained HLB and with more pronounced cyclogenesis and a stronger jet in those high latitude seas, lets just hope this isn't a growing trend for future winters or this could really hamper any real cold continental air masses getting to these shores. I think we'll know where we stand in the coming winters with the low solar impact if further mild/mildish winters frequently occur.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

On and of rain snow and sleet for 48 hours. Could not even get a covering my girlfriend said no snow again this morning said not to worrie be 10c next week she was like you don't mean that said had enough now I do want an early spring.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Looking forward to some spring sunshine now, the local forecast is very good, showing sunshine on Monday and Tuesday. With temps rising.

Sunset today 5.13. Only 17 Days to the Start of the Met Office Spring. Look forward to it, shirtsleeves rolled up at the ready. Good Health to you all, have a nice Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Really pleased that many of you north of London got a covering of snow last night, the models were right about this one last lot of snowfall before the less cold air moves in after all. Not that its turned noticeably milder though.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I will say though, this spell looked like anything special, a pretty tame easterly from a Scandi high which seemed to have the same problem as half the cakes from the great British bake off, though instead of a soggy bottom we got a saggy bottom.

We were lucky that we developed a cold pool and an area of instability which was enough to bring some decent precipitation in so I guess in a way we got lucky this time. 

Still easterlies can go away until late April at least, pretty much a time when they are warm and sunny. Northerlies are still worth chasing at least as they deliver sunshine and night frosts even if we don't see any showers or snow.

• Like 2

Spend all winter chasing easterlies, then get one that does not produce a single frost in my area and just a tiny dusting.

Recorded -5.8 c windchill yesterday, I was out in it and it sure felt cold !

Great to see some people got a decent covering though, all was not lost.

So will we be lucky at end of feb or march, winter is not over yet........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 hours ago, Optimistic said:

Whipsnade village this morning. I think I only had 10% of my snow fix this winter so far. :D

20170212_101840.jpg

What's that white stuff on the floor:cc_confused::unknw: Photo shop *cough*:whistling::acute::D

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

What's that white stuff on the floor:cc_confused::unknw: Photo shop *cough*:whistling::acute::D

Your just jealous lassie. :D:laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

I sure am, mine didn't settle:sorry:

No mine didn't either apart from on cars on and off, tried a few times to settle in the back garden but melted really fast, almost straight away in fact. I managed to miss the heavier PPN most of the time though here and when I did get a heavier burst it would turn to rain or them bloody sleety ice pellet things.:bad:

All in all a pathetic easterly from my point of view.:(

• Like 2

Posted

Particularly poignant when you consider that uppers were in the -7 to -11c range in the SE from early Friday until this morning. So what do I need for some snow then in February now then around here? -15c upper air which is once in a lifetime sort of stuff?:unknw:

We have had Thames streamers on lower upper temps than that, and lower 2m temperatures.

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

No mine didn't either apart from on cars on and off, tried a few times to settle in the back garden but melted really fast, almost straight away in fact. I managed to miss the heavier PPN most of the time though here and when I did get a heavier burst it would turn to rain or them bloody sleety ice pellet things.:bad:

All in all a pathetic easterly from my point of view.:(

Think it's the most pathetic easterly in the history of pathetic easterlies. The models are spewing out a mild borefest as far out as they can go:angry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Think it's the most pathetic easterly in the history of pathetic easterlies. The models are spewing out a mild borefest as far out as they can go:angry:

Och, I don't know about that, lassie? I can still recall spending an entire Esperanto lesson spent watching rain turn to sleet turn to graupel turn to snow - and back again. That was back in 1969, and was equally as soul-destroying!:angry: