Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, MONKEYJAM said:

Great spot !!!!! See that massive chunk of ppn out of Belgium heading straight towards se Engla:Dnd 

Will it make it here though, I was thinking we should do ok as far East as London from that lot, we are near the center of the LP after all and winds will veer back to the east later. But my worry is that it will be the Kent clipper that dominates in this set up and much of the SE will be in that gaping hole in the PPN thats been showing. In which case lets all drive down to Dover for a snow Beano jaffa cakes up! hehe:drunk::gathering::drunk:

21-574UK.GIF

27-574UK.GIF

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy weather said:

Where did you get that radar from?

How's it looking for Crawley? 

It's an app available on the App Store: 'Home and Dry'. if you have an IOS device not free. With the Belgium blob I do not want to jinx it but let's see if it survives the crossing first. :wink: 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

It's an app available on the App Store: 'Home and Dry'. if you have an IOS device not free. With the Belgium blob I do not want to jinx it but let's see if it survives the crossing first. :wink: 

Cool thanks 

Don't worry about it jinxjng it lol. But let's say it survives the crossing,  will it hit crawley?

I just want some snow to look forward to lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

well after 5 hrs of small  particles  of snow  flurries, coming down, think im heading for a mm, might have to get my ruler out to check though :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

For those who have access to Netweather's V4 radar, you can see the flow by enabling the 850hPa wind vector overlay. :)

2017-02-10.thumb.png.9ba83af4ceef555ea4128ced2c0aef53.png

Posted

hold on up date, bigger flakes now , nicker gripping stuff eh :yahoo:

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

For those who have access to Netweather's V4 radar, you can see the flow by enabling the 850hPa wind vector overlay. :)

2017-02-10.thumb.png.9ba83af4ceef555ea4128ced2c0aef53.png

def gonna clip kent

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy weather said:

Cool thanks 

Don't worry about it jinxjng it lol. But let's say it survives the crossing,  will it hit crawley?

I just want some snow to look forward to lol

It's more ideal the more south & east you are potentially. And we could really do with an intensification as it looks like a non event really as of now very crap ppn rates Lol! 

Hopefully the cloud base is lower than what the 850hPa wind vector suggests or a sharp detour meaning sod all for anyone... :p 

Posted
3 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Steady on jo .....  you might have a cm by the morning and then what will you grab!

if i had a cm blimey, think i would go into shock, i might just grab a tape measure, :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

It's more ideal the more south & east you are potentially. And we could really do with an intensification as it looks like a non event really as of now very crap ppn rates Lol! 

Hopefully the cloud base is lower than what the 850hPa wind vector suggests or a sharp detour meaning sod all for anyone... :p 

Well, you cannae get much further east than Lowestoft...And there's fork hall around here!:bad:

Posted

Sat24 shows the low centre around France/Benelux Border, its gonna be very tight, the Kent shower train needs to suck every last bit of moisture from it, and if it can push a bit further West maybe some of the EA coast can get a little something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

a slight dusting on the roofs here now with snow falling on and off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Looking at the radar now it looks like it'll be nothing more than a few flakes in the breeze.

R.I.P Winter 2016/17. Maybe next winter. (Been saying that for the last 3-4 years now, shockingly poor run of winters for snow)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Looking at the radar now it looks like it'll be nothing more than a few flakes in the breeze.

R.I.P Winter 2016/17. Maybe next winter. (Been saying that for the last 3-4 years now, shockingly poor run of winters for snow)

Yes mate I just had a gut feeling this would be another epic flop for us yet again and let's face it if we can't get snow with an easterly early feb then when the hell can we expect it met office warnings are like chocolate fire guards useless - farcical 

Edited by snowfish1
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
3 hours ago, D.V.R said:

Yeah there appears to be more building up behind and heading my way.. I'm feeling quite optimistic that we might see a slight dusting later, considering it's already 100% fluffy snow falling.. but it's very light and getting blown in the breeze.

I fell asleep a few minutes after I typed that.. It obviously didn't work out too well..:doh::rofl: 

I'm looking forward to the blob from Belgium now:search:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Don't get too excited folks but, there are snow-grains in my nearest lamppost!:yahoo:

Posted
9 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I fell asleep a few minutes after I typed that.. It obviously didn't work out too well..:doh::rofl: 

I'm looking forward to the blob from Belgium now:search:

It's disintegrating before it gets here mate

Posted

I can't contain my excitement I might giggle hysterically if I see so much as one snow grain

Edited by snowfish1