Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted

Thought i would share this with you all..

Tonight:

589c5ad4cea34_ScreenShot2017-02-09at12_03_22.thumb.png.da37f3dca1276ea77844c2c41a6d3d4c.png

Tomorrow:

589c5aeb8ac0e_ScreenShot2017-02-09at12_03_37.thumb.png.edb1a0fb4952cd2d1093e3d974a0d8f2.png

Saturday:

589c5afb63671_ScreenShot2017-02-09at12_03_48.thumb.png.f969e4e3a09e5221826cd9e096ddeb6d.png

Sunday:

589c5b0c00cd7_ScreenShot2017-02-09at12_03_55.thumb.png.d19d15f81de27443454bd859c99fa856.png

Most definitely will downgrade now i've noticed but I would definitely take snow flurries for two days.. 

something like this would most definitely give me at least a dusting..

Edited by Delka

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, snow freak said:

I agree, this winter has had some many failed opportunities and I was hoping this easterly would finally bring the goods, but it is materialising into nothing but grey and cold, hardly the snow laden easterlies in past decades.  I think our winters now are more or less non starters when it comes to snow.  Give it a few more years and snow will be such a rarity in the British Isles....even more so than now.  Very sad.

Many are expecting the opposite, after this mild cluster of winters comes to an end. Bitterly cold winters are going to make a come back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Been throwing tiny snowball from this sky all morning lol 

Edited by PurpleButterfly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

@Delka - had a similar forecast for us in West Sussex (showed 95% chance of snow), how ever nothing happened, certainly not as per the Netweather forecast as you have shown. Unfortunately I think the Netweather 7/10 forecast should be taken with a LARGE pinch of salt.

Hope that I am wrong for your area but just a friendly heads up - good luck

Edited by Hanny

Posted
1 minute ago, Hanny said:

@Delka - had a similar forecast for us in West Sussex (showed 95% chance of snow), how ever nothing happened, certainly not as per the Netweather forecast as you have shown. Unfortunately I think the Netweather 7/10 forecast should be taken with a LARGE pinch of salt.

Hope that I am wrong for your area but just a friendly heads up - good luck

We had a 10% risk of snow this morning and managed to pull a dusting off so im pretty happy with that, so i won't be majorly dissapointed, but i definitely don't expect the forecast to show this much snow in a few hours.

5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Many are expecting the opposite, after this mild cluster of winters comes to an end. Bitterly cold winters are going to make a come back.

i really hope so, I've just about forgotten what a cold winter is like now.. I wasn't even in the country for 2010 :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.

Out of the two spring or winter now only winter if we can have a raging blizzard.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
26 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

The BBC are going for milder weather next week.

Yes all over before its even started.:(

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
27 minutes ago, Delka said:

Thought i would share this with you all..

Tonight:

589c5ad4cea34_ScreenShot2017-02-09at12_03_22.thumb.png.da37f3dca1276ea77844c2c41a6d3d4c.png

Tomorrow:

589c5aeb8ac0e_ScreenShot2017-02-09at12_03_37.thumb.png.edb1a0fb4952cd2d1093e3d974a0d8f2.png

Saturday:

589c5afb63671_ScreenShot2017-02-09at12_03_48.thumb.png.f969e4e3a09e5221826cd9e096ddeb6d.png

Sunday:

589c5b0c00cd7_ScreenShot2017-02-09at12_03_55.thumb.png.d19d15f81de27443454bd859c99fa856.png

Most definitely will downgrade now i've noticed but I would definitely take snow flurries for two days.. 

something like this would most definitely give me at least a dusting..

why is it, even when we get snow, it is always light and basically not worth having?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
25 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I hope you're right but I don't believe anything they say anymore.  they are just guessing at what the future will bring really.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
26 minutes ago, snow freak said:

I agree, this winter has had some many failed opportunities and I was hoping this easterly would finally bring the goods, but it is materialising into nothing but grey and cold, hardly the snow laden easterlies in past decades.  I think our winters now are more or less non starters when it comes to snow.  Give it a few more years and snow will be such a rarity in the British Isles....even more so than now.  Very sad.

I don't think that snow will become rare everywhere in the UK in winter, remember that it snowed on higher ground November last year in Northern England. I think that the higher ground will still get snow, but at sea level it will get harder. Probably about above 150/200m place to be.

And now that I have opened my trap I bet that we get heavy snow in March, but after all that ain't a winter month is it.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

As I have posted on the MOAN thread - I'm struggling to keep up with the models/trends and keep a positive frame of mind for this winter - i can't remember a winter where the models have been so unpredictable. Not sure if any of the 'it will, it won't, BOOM posts that have been posted in the MOD thread has contributed to the overall expectations but on the whole it has been quite a depressing experience.

I know that on reflection we have had a better winter than last year and there has been relief for those who had a terrible time last year with the floods but, for some reason I think that I have found myself falling into the 'believe' category who has expected more of the trends/models to of come to fruition. 

Never before have I found myself wishing for winter to end and move towards the warmer seasons as i am now.

• Like 2

Posted

Unbelievable how frequently the Met Office change their short term outlook. Just a couple of days ago they were going for a prolonged cold period (especially here in the south), now it's flipped to mild from next Tuesday and through the rest of February. If we're not going to get any meaningful Winter weather, bring on some Spring warmth!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

Unbelievable how frequently the Met Office change their short term outlook. Just a couple of days ago they were going for a prolonged cold period (especially here in the south), now it's flipped to mild from next Tuesday and through the rest of February. If we're not going to get any meaningful Winter weather, bring on some Spring warmth!

4 minutes ago, Hanny said:

As I have posted on the MOAN thread - I'm struggling to keep up with the models/trends and keep a positive frame of mind for this winter - i can't remember a winter where the models have been so unpredictable. Not sure if any of the 'it will, it won't, BOOM posts that have been posted in the MOD thread has contributed to the overall expectations but on the whole it has been quite a depressing experience.

I know that on reflection we have had a better winter than last year and there has been relief for those who had a terrible time last year with the floods but, for some reason I think that I have found myself falling into the 'believe' category who has expected more of the trends/models to of come to fruition. 

Never before have I found myself wishing for winter to end and move towards the warmer seasons as i am now.

Yes, I dare say it has been depressing for everyone involved. An mild ECM run turned up, just one run amongst a sea of runs and charts all showing cold and snow for the foreseeable. The next day they were all slowly, but surely moving over to that ECM milder run, shocking. And up until then, the ECM performance has been quite frankly, rubbish!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

What a wonderful Easterly this is. Dull as anything with some snizzle. Lovely!

Give it a chance it's only really started you might be pleasantly surprised. 

I expect the showers to be quite hefty not the light kind merging into more organised precipitation.. The flow looks good for a Thames streamer for a time it won't happen. :spiteful: 

Some lonesome flakes observed here...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
16 minutes ago, snow freak said:

I hope you're right but I don't believe anything they say anymore.  they are just guessing at what the future will bring really.

If it was Madden and Corbyn, I wouldn't believe a word, because they always say that an ice age is coming and always get their forecasts wrong lol.  One poster here who talks a lot of sense, seems to think we are heading towards cold winters too and he stressed that this winter will be a let down snow wise. He was wrong though about strong westerlies dominating the winter though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Heavy drizzle here now. 1.8c 65m asl. NetweatherSnowRadar shows it as Snow tho.

Edited by Shunter

Posted

Saturday's ppn.

I seem to be in that hole in the PPN, looks to be pretty sleety to me anyway in the afternoon, so best of any snow will be in the morning.

45-574UK.GIF

48-574UK.GIF

54-574UK.GIF

57-574UK.GIF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

The latest Heathrow TAF has prob 40 for snow showers in the early hours. 

• Like 1

Posted

I swear anything remotely cold and snowy gets pushed away by the utter desperation of the Coldies in the Model Discussion Thread. Anyway, I for one quite like this dry, cold dullness. Better than the endless zonal train we had last year.

The only reason why some think we're in for a run of cold winters is because it coincides with Solar Minimum. However, the reality is that any affect this has on our climate has been negated by climate change. 

Take what you can folks, because even a few grains of snow will be a thing of the past before long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

It's a shame we don't seem to be able to get any snow anymore in the south, especially while parts of Europe seem to have done well this year.

I've just booked up my ferry crossing and will be setting off to drive to Norway next week with my caravan, first time i'm taking the kids with me so we can all get our snow fix :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

The only reason why some think we're in for a run of cold winters is because it coincides with Solar Minimum. However, the reality is that any affect this has on our climate has been negated by climate change. 

Take what you can folks, because even a few grains of snow will be a thing of the past before long.

Not, if its effect is by way of making the PFJ meander, it won't...It might even make for a generally more 'continental'-type climate overall. Though, having said that, I do suspect that its effects are being over-egged?