Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
1 hour ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

A wash and Thames streamer scenario setting up possibly then! I'll have that :D

i don't even know if i would be in a good place for a wash streamer.. knowing my luck it would pass about half mile out to sea!

In other news we had a grand total of 3 snowflakes so far, better then i thought!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

How ironic that my first sighting of lying snow this winter is right here in Mallorca !

Tuesday was a glorious day with long sunny spells, a max of 21.2c and the wind which has been such a feature here for the last week finally dropped to a light breeze.

Rain arrived late in the evening and continued overnight right up until Wednesday lunchtime. With the temperature struggling around 9-10c and winds gusting to 30mph it was a most unpleasnt surprise. The nearby mountain peaks (approx 1200-1300m asl) had a covering of snow late into the afternoon, despite strong sunshine and temperatures eventually climbing to 13c.

Thoroughly enjoying my first visit to this island.

Edit: A rather nippy 4.5c recorded at nearby Sa Pobla weather station this morning....brrrr.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
7 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

How ironic that my first sighting of lying snow this winter is right here in Mallorca !

Tuesday was a glorious day with long sunny spells, a max of 21.2c and the wind which has been such a feature here for the last week finally dropped to a light breeze.

Rain arrived late in the evening and continued overnight right up until Wednesday lunchtime. With the temperature struggling around 9-10c and winds gusting to 30mph it was a most unpleasnt surprise. The nearby mountain peaks (approx 1200-1300m asl) had a covering of snow late into the afternoon, despite strong sunshine and temperatures eventually climbing to 13c.

Thoroughly enjoying my first visit to this island.

Edit: A rather nippy 4.5c recorded at nearby Sa Pobla weather station this morning....brrrr.

Seems weird to think that those mountains get covered with snow! Normally on my visits there in August/September, they are often shrouded in humid warm sea breezes and are the trigger to afternoon storms at 30 degrees! 

• Like 1

Posted

Light snow flurries on and off since 6ish, covering only on grass and cars but I'm very happy, especially as I only thought my chance wasn't on saturday

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yucky chilly morning, 2C and grey, zzzzzz

Posted
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yucky chilly morning, 2C and grey, zzzzzz

1c with constant snow grains with small flakes whirling in when it's the heavier bits of the showers 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

2C, grey, raw breeze and some small flakes fluttering around here in West London

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Few flakes blowing around here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Flakes falling every so often in St Albans 

You need to squint to notice them. 

Posted

Could do with a couple of frozen weeks and football matches postponed. O's need to regroup and get a couple of players fit, tried so hard Tuesday night, but just too many lightweight youngsters.

COYOS

Edited by huntso

Posted
7 minutes ago, huntso said:

Could do with a couple of frozen weeks and football matches postponed. O's need to regroup and get a couple of players fit, tried so hard Tuesday night, but just too many lightweight youngsters.

COYOS

Think you need all the help you can.Orient in Non league doesn't bear thinking about.Had many a great time at Brisbane road

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
24 minutes ago, Delka said:

1c with constant snow grains with small flakes whirling in when it's the heavier bits of the showers 

Sounds much better than here. Either snow properly or please can we have some crisp sunshine. This endless grey is doing my head in!

• Like 1

Posted

Graupel or swizzle snow grains at Welling station no use to man nor snow lover but it's a start

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

We have snizzle:D

Posted

Just had a very light snow shower in east London at sea level. 

Posted

If you ask me, this is a good start as we already have light precipitation falling away from coasts which people said was unlikely. Hopefully this is the start of what's to come for a few days..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Light short lived groupel  snow shower in Glynde near Lewes sussex just now 

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Snizzle in Burgess Hill when I left for work. Showing up on the NW extra radar as well - quite often it doesn't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Looks like some areas are seeing a few flakes! I have lost a little confidence in the Medway areas chances since the latest runs but good luck to everyone in the hunt!