Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Was in Portsmouth 2 hours ago 4 levels up cleaning drains and was very blowly at only a mile from the sea, heavy rain too was not pleasant.. 

Now back in Surrey and its raining with the odd gust of wind but not very strong 

South coasts will Deffo be a bit windy tonight, inland areas I think the stronger gusts will be reserved in any showers that pass over 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Rain started about 20 mins ago just in time for the kids coming out of school. 

A breeze but hardly what I would call windy yet .

Posted

afternoon all,

Left a calm Southend this morning, still 8 degrees at 5am, lovely easy take off from Gatwick, but a very bumpy landing in Bodeaux due to the wind.  I am now in my 'other home' near Cognac in France and we jumped from a yellow warning this morning to a red warning this afternoon, in force until 16:00 tomorrow, in the space of an hour, it looks like the track of the low pressure that was heading for the UK is now 500 miles further south, hatches battened down!!

Have a good weekend all

Cheers

FC

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, frozencanals said:

afternoon all,

Left a calm Southend this morning, still 8 degrees at 5am, lovely easy take off from Gatwick, but a very bumpy landing in Bodeaux due to the wind.  I am now in my 'other home' near Cognac in France and we jumped from a yellow warning this morning to a red warning this afternoon, in force until 16:00 tomorrow, in the space of an hour, it looks like the track of the low pressure that was heading for the UK is now 500 miles further south, hatches battened down!!

Have a good weekend all

Cheers

FC

It's a secondary low feature running much further south than the first one currently over the south of the uk

Expected later this evening overnight into tomorrow 

FB_IMG_1486136777936.thumb.jpg.60aa39793fe3a0d2771d596bea2476d2.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
50 minutes ago, frozencanals said:

afternoon all,

Have a good weekend all

Cheers

FC

Stay safe. Looks like much of SW France could be battered by possible 100mph gusts on Sunday, very nasty. Bit of a lucky escape for us in the UK. Although the latest GFS has downgraded the strength of the winds significantly so might not be as bad as predicted.

Raining here again after a bright and breezy morning.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Hmmm. A colder spell does look on the cards mid-late next week. But over the last couple of days this has been watered down quite a bit in terms of the depth and longevity of cold.

As things stand its looking more like a cold snap than a spell. Can't rule out a few flakes in our region, but at the moment it looks mainly dry and chilly mid-later next week for a few days before the Atlantic heads back in....but will it push the block away that quickly?....we shall see...

Let's hope for some upgrades for a change. GEM looks super, but in reality it will be way off the mark unfortunately. GFS/UKMO leading the way here, ECM has been tom tit all winter so not interested in what that churns out to be honest!

Edited by Southender

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
16 minutes ago, mickeyb44 said:

Just looked at the GEM, ha ha ha and blimey but not likely.

Max gust here so far today 30 mph.

Maybe a short snow event next week but not holding my breath......

Oh yes please......

gemfr-2-168.png

Edited by 80sWeather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Bit of rain, bit of wind over the next 24hrs. Bog standard UK winter 

The desperation out in full swing over on the MOD thread = GEM/JMA postings over the big three on potential cold weather next week. You have to laugh. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Getting a bit breezy here now but nothing out the ordinary for the time of year. Don't understand why warnings are issued :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
26 minutes ago, essexweather said:

Getting a bit breezy here now but nothing out the ordinary for the time of year. Don't understand why warnings are issued :wallbash:

Any thoughts on next weeks potential easterly ? Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
25 minutes ago, Snipper said:

So how do you attract them. Do I need to buy a flute. 

To be honest I think you'd be more suited to a Harp. 

Posted
45 minutes ago, shotski said:

To be honest I think you'd be more suited to a Harp. 

Yes you are probably are right. I enjoy sitting on my cloud looking down on everyone. Might see how to charm frogs. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

It's suddenly got extremely gusty out there, but unfortunately I have no way of measuring it other than by wheelie bin flight across the garden!

Posted

You know it's been a benign winter in terms of Atlantic dross when weather nut  folks are in amazement over a gusty wind - lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Any thoughts on next weeks potential easterly ? Thanks

At the moment it looks on but we've been here oh to many times. What type of easterly is another question.

Posted

Just for fun while being improbable record breaking cold for East Anglia on the GEM Sunday morning -19C for the Norwich area widely -13C and below north of London - with thick snow cover on the ground spanning the entire region, big heavy falls of convective snow if that came to pass. Big freeze. 

IMG_1798.thumb.JPG.661c26228d87f61d3c11d361e186dd22.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

lol the GEM run was absolutely outrageous. Still it does look like turning cold from the east next week. No point giving more specifics than that. It could be showery, sunny or gloomy depending on various factors.

Posted
10 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Just for fun while being improbable record breaking cold for East Anglia on the GEM Sunday morning -19C for the Norwich area widely -13C and below north of London - with thick snow cover on the ground spanning the entire region, big heavy falls of convective snow if that came to pass. Big freeze. 

IMG_1798.thumb.JPG.661c26228d87f61d3c11d361e186dd22.JPG

And right on cue that really was 'Just for fun'

GEM back to reality this morning - LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very dreary start here with overcast skies, had a bit of rain and chilly at 3C.

Looks like big downgrades for the predicted cold spell this morning, to be expected I suppose, though I don't think it is the end of the story just yet. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

See METO was rubbish with the strong winds that were predicted for EA and rain! Sorry but I can't help laughing reading the model thread this morning  deary me talk about throwing your dolls out your pram! 

Simple Move to Moscow!