Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Morning gang, 

Still interesting re storm later today high res does not agree with the GFS 

Taken the net weather high res for an example, it looks as though the strongest of winds will be associated with some kind of squall line later this evening. The thing about situations like this is its very hard to tell what the wind strength will be as lots of factors can increase or decrease wind speed 

nmmukgust.webp

nmmuk3hrprecip.webp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some sunshine to start the day here, yay! Won't last long but good to see. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Surrey said:

Morning gang, 

Still interesting re storm later today high res does not agree with the GFS 

Taken the net weather high res for an example, it looks as though the strongest of winds will be associated with some kind of squall line later this evening. The thing about situations like this is its very hard to tell what the wind strength will be as lots of factors can increase or decrease wind speed 

nmmukgust.webp

nmmuk3hrprecip.webp

Looking at that its looking like some of the higher gusts are heading up your way??!!

If you look at the radar it would seem the high res are right, you can see the wrap around and squall associated with it down of the coast of Cornwall when that rattles through will be when we get the strongest winds. 

I may have been premature yesterday going on just the gfs as it does struggle with these smaller events.. 

Going to be rough on the south coasts 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
14 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Best pellets are these, organic and don't harm other wildlife

IMG_4146.JPG

Are they cat friendly

Posted

So what do you guys all think of this "easterly" from the mad thread? I don't see it coming off, i'll be amazed if we get -10 uppers along our coastline, even coming inland.. I'd love to be proved wrong though, just please don't last too long i cant cope with cold that bitter for more then a few days!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
37 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Are they cat friendly

Yes, apparently there are two types of slug pellet, these ones don't affect birds or other animals. The 'regular' ones are more risky to wildlife

• Like 1

Posted
53 minutes ago, Surrey said:

If you look at the radar it would seem the high res are right, you can see the wrap around and squall associated with it down of the coast of Cornwall when that rattles through will be when we get the strongest winds. 

I may have been premature yesterday going on just the gfs as it does struggle with these smaller events.. 

Going to be rough on the south coasts 

GFS not showing anything of note, the Met Office are going for 40-50mph gusts inland for a brief period and 50-60mph on coasts. So nothing too serious at the moment, it looks like parts of France and N Spain may see much worse on Sunday.

Edited by stainesbloke

5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

GFS not showing anything of note, the Met Office are going for 40-50mph gusts inland for a brief period and 50-60mph on coasts. So nothing too serious at the moment, it looks like parts of France and N Spain may see much worse on Sunday.

Interesting all the same the net weather high res still going for 60 mph inland for a short while when the squall moves through 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Has the easterly disappeared yet? It's usually at this point when it vanishes into nothing, despite -16c uppers etc showing up on the models.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

What are we expecting the peak of the wind to get to Sussex today, around 9pm?

Posted
23 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Interesting all the same the net weather high res still going for 60 mph inland for a short while when the squall moves through 

If a squall is involved then we could indeed get some nasty winds briefly. The general situation doesn't look too serious at the moment though, interesting though as it could change quickly.

Posted
19 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Has the easterly disappeared yet? It's usually at this point when it vanishes into nothing, despite -16c uppers etc showing up on the models.

Some not so good runs this morning so it's the usual toy throwing and whining going on, despite things still looking pretty good overall!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

sunny, quite mild. Not much wind a little cloud.  A bit spring like. 

See we don't get winter just an extended Autumn and then spring. :closedeyes: 

Posted
3 hours ago, Delka said:

So what do you guys all think of this "easterly" from the mad thread? I don't see it coming off, i'll be amazed if we get -10 uppers along our coastline, even coming inland.. I'd love to be proved wrong though, just please don't last too long i cant cope with cold that bitter for more then a few days!

It's coming fairly good agreement on this it will turn much colder from the east from midweek. With the uppers -10c is certainly possible especially for your location.

Even moving inland with the set up the upper limits I think will be between -10 / -12C I don't see us seeing severe deep cold but very cold air could be in the mix with snow. So fun... :) 

You may have no option!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
2 minutes ago, West Sussex Kate said:

Still waiting for Dorris here. 

Could be waiting a long time, because Met Office haven't named any storm Doris yet.

MetO going for 60mph gusts along south coast this evening, take car those of out down there this evening, will be a bit wild!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still calm and sunny here, but can now see the storm approaching from the SW now.

• Like 1