IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
54 minutes ago, crazysnowcatz4 said:

Mixture of light snow, frozen rain and hail has left the roads like an ice rink in canterbury

Same in parts of Herne Bay, people falling over, cars skidding

Posted

Morning all :)

A remarkable day yesterday - I've lived in East London for 13 years and this was only the fourth ice day I've recorded in that time. Indeed, as others have reported, the temperature actually fell slightly during the day as the chill wind intensified.

It's the first ice day since March 11th 2013.

This spell of cold weather which started on January 16th has been interesting. I know for those who only want snow it's been frustrating but for fans of cold it's been noteworthy. Five consecutive days of unbroken sunshine from Tuesday to Saturday is remarkable and a long series of consecutive night frosts (and harsh frosts even for London and with another sharp frost overnight).

As is so often the case, these anticyclonic cold spells have left the best for last as the entrenched cold is intensified by a SE'ly flow from a frigid continent as the Atlantic approaches.

We've had two or three spells of fog - last Sunday night's freezing fog was as thick and persistent as I have ever seen.

Had we had a cover of snow, yesterday would have been even colder - possibly approaching 18th December 2010 but a long way from the remarkable January 12th 1987.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some March snow in London - it's happened plenty of times in the past.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Definitely had freezing rain here, ice everywhere, the most dangerous school run ever.

Posted

Not sad to see a return to mild. Caught a bad cold at the turn of the year which took two weeks to shake off, and it's left me with a cough. The cold with being ill has made me feel miserable most of Jan. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The warm up will be good for a bit, however I do hope we can squeeze a another snowy spell out of this winter, one that doesn't turn to sleet just before it clears, so the kids can have a play and build snow men etc.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

like everyone is saying in this room over 15 days of low temps by day and night more then we ever had in the last 3 winters. As much as id like to have seen more snow Ieast here in Norfolk was a dusting.

Actually kind of glad normal service is to resume, the roads needs a good old soaking to clear 2weeks of salt. Will feel so odd having some warmth. However I have this gut feeling most of Feb will be mild which is great, but come March I wouldn't be surprised if we will all be talking about the cold!

• Like 1

Posted

Still feels quite cold a slight frost this morning. it will take a little time for the mild air to assert itself, that ice day from yesterday has made this cold spell notable to me, they're very rare in London even the City of London never got above freezing!... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Heatwave 5C. Now in Seaford East Sussex. Now all we need is some sunshine, sunset 4.46. Good Health to you all.

Not good to hear about freezing rain in this thread, so dangerous and hope we dont get anymore.

Gfs still keen on some storms / wind events, but is it going way over the top with them, its downgraded this sunday to a mere breeze compared to what it was showing only a few runs ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Not a bad day here but still mainly cloudy. Feels much warmer out which I'm actually enjoying, I can feel my feet again

Posted

Greetings from Sunny Seaford in East Sussex. A Fine sunny start, mild temp at 7.5C. At the moment with light breeze. Sunset today 4.47. Slowly nudging towards 5.00. Have a nice weekend everyone. Good Health to you all.

Posted

Its changed dramatically temperature wise in two days, ice day to it feeling like a nice spring day, i went out at 9am to the shops in a jumper and was warm..

edit: 8.1c

Edited by Delka
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some nice sunshine here with passing clouds, quite breezy from the SW and feeling very pleasant at 10C. The ground has completely thawed so I can get digging the allotment :)

• Like 1

Posted

Feels amazing and spring like here in the sun, looking like it aswell its beautiful. Can't complain about how mild it is as we got plenty of cold weather recently, can't be too greedy! Hopefully we get plenty of these kinds of days in Spring and it doesn't end up being a rainfest

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
34 minutes ago, Delka said:

Feels amazing and spring like here in the sun, looking like it aswell its beautiful. Can't complain about how mild it is as we got plenty of cold weather recently, can't be too greedy! Hopefully we get plenty of these kinds of days in Spring and it doesn't end up being a rainfest

We had quite a bit of cloud associated with a weak line of showers that passed to our south, but it's stunning out there now!

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
Correcting typo.

Posted

Well it was warm in the sun, sat outside with me cuppa, feeling the sun on my face, it felt like a spring morning, the clouds have rolled in now and we have had a few showers. Good Health to you all.

Posted

Torrential hailstorm out of the blue here

and 5 minutes the later the sun is out as if a tap has just been turned off.....

Edited by kevey

Posted

Some rapid convection going on now, very pretty skies, first time I've seen skies like this for a long time.

IMG_4129.JPG

image.jpg

• Like 2