IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

-2.8c here with no fog and semi clear sky

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

-1C here with frost and some eerie looking patches of fog floating about but with blue sky visible too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A very variable night here thanks to cloud cover coming and going. Started frosty last evening with fog forming and -1C when I went to bed. Then according to my local Met Office station cloud came in overnight and lifted temps to +2C at one stage. At 06.30 this morning there was no fog and 0C IMBY, but just as it started getting light the cloud cleared and by 07.45 the temp had dropped to -1C. Lovely now with blue sky and sunshine.

Cloud satellite at 08.15 shows the bands of cloud (and that it wasn't yet light in Ireland and Scotland):

Cloud 24Jan 08.15.jpg

EDIT:

At 09.00 it's just gone from clear and sunny to a thick bank of fog with vis approx 100m!! And forgot to mention there's a very poor air quality warning out for the Region - particularly London.

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Warm night here cause of cloud, however still quite chilly, 3.2 was the low, it's now up to 4.4, but not really rising all that fast, again because of cloud. Still have some frost about in places that haven't melted for days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

rinse and repeat day, must be a little warmer, I thought my gloves were in my coat pocket and I raced out the door to find they weren't, but my hands didn't feel too cold, even with the mist and frost. All this cloud and no snow, it's a waste I tell you a waste!

However get some rain forecast and the temp shoots up.

Blimin' typical.  

In other news, we are having our windows replaced in March/April. It ain't snowing yet.................:closedeyes:

Posted

Bright and above zero this morning. still a slight frost on pavements though, but no fog. Misty in Westminster at around 0730 but the sun is really shining now.

I think yesterday morning has to be the coldest start of day this winter. so todays positive temps make it feel mild in comparison.

Observations

Observed at 09:00, Tuesday 24 January

-1°C 30°F

Wind Speed 3 km/h 2 mph North Westerly

Humidity: 98%

Visibility: Poor

Pressure: 1029mb, Rising

Observation station: London

(Lat: 51.517 | Lon: -0.1)

Posted

The rest of the UK are probably extremely jealous right now, when this all ends it'll be two weeks of very chilly weather for us in this region.. surely this has affected the January CET?

also, nice forecast for next few days on the nw 10 day, looking a bit wet early next week but cold until then

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 12.18.19.png

Edited by Delka
  • Like 2

-2.6 c this morning and -4.0c on the lawn, also a fair amount of fog which has cleared.

Now 8.7c on the roof and 4.2c in the screen and I just managed to capture some rays on my mobile.

Interesting model outputs this morning, will the 'south east cold show' continue....

20170124_104045 - Copy.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Correct me if im wrong but the daytime temps are pretty high for what we're seeing at night?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
15 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Will the cold spell go out with a little surprise.. 

17012606_2406.gif

Do you really think the cold spell is going lol.

I think that we will carry on similar ish.

Posted

What a cracking day, in the garden felt lovely in the sun.
Didnt feel like 9c as temps are suggesting though, was very surprised.
Air is still 6c but feels more like freezing.

Perfect weather for walking which we did earlier on the front, lovely flat calm sea.

Posted
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Unfortunately by the weekend yes as the Atlantic pushes just that little bit further in going up to double digits but I do think we will return to colder conditions later next week 

Saw this in the MOD thread earlier, pretty interesting.

John Hammond ‏@hammondweather

Resumption of normal Atlantic westerlies delayed until further notice (again). Models keep trying. Keep failing. Dry winter continues.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very nice day, lots of sunshine and a bit breezier than of late, which has brought in much clearer and cleaner air. Milder too, high of 10C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Very interesting how some of us have had the fog and others not I start work 4am and at the yard in Borough Green it was damp no frost and fog but before i left for my deliveries to SW and West London I noticed a thin layer of frost formed around 6am. I drove right through south london to zone 2 of West London by 10am and there was no fog in sight despite all the hype and warnings, plenty of lovely blue sky all day, It must have been further west/north?

Anyway fingers crossed for an extension of the cold and some more snow chances for all of us as we enter Feb

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 1