Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted

There must be a cold pool to the east of our region. Here in east Berkshire temperatures appear to be falling slower than in Kent.

Posted

Only down to -0.5 here. I've not checked, but I guess Farnborough will be much lower, even though just 10 miles down the road. What are your bets on the lowest temperature tonight and where? Will fog inhibit it? I still think Farnborough or Benson will be the cold spots, but will we see a -10??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Thick fog here. The car is also covered in a sheet of ice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Freezing for doesn't always slow the temperatures down. I've been noting the Netherlands temperatures recently and noted that temperatures can fall very fast in freezing fog

Posted
14 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Only down to -0.5 here. I've not checked, but I guess Farnborough will be much lower, even though just 10 miles down the road. What are your bets on the lowest temperature tonight and where? Will fog inhibit it? I still think Farnborough or Benson will be the cold spots, but will we see a -10??

What was your max in binfield today. 2.4 in tilehurst. New weather station and based on the maxes predicted of 6/7 just wanting to sense check 

10 minutes ago, LeighD said:

Freezing fog in coming! Going to be a nightmare where it forms! Given the ground is well below zero now. Ice all over everything 

Fog will effect just about anyone but will be hit and miss. Oxfordshire around that way High Wycombe always sees fog. 

Then the higher parts of Surrey Box hill extra are pretty prone. But like I say anyone will get it.. 

Lowest temps we be where fog is kept at bay.. 

Maybe stagnet weather but it's far from boring 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

Wtf my computer gone tits up !!!  It's-1.1c here 4 miles up the road in farnbourgh airport it's-3c

Posted
6 minutes ago, ptow said:

What was your max in binfield today. 2.4 in tilehurst. New weather station and based on the maxes predicted of 6/7 just wanting to sense check 

Max here was 4.5, up from yesterday. Down to -1 now, well that's the nearest station. It's quite rural here and always colder. I work in Bracknell and when I drive home, it's always 1.5 degrees colder at home.

Posted
4 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Max here was 4.5, up from yesterday. Down to -1 now, well that's the nearest station. It's quite rural here and always colder. I work in Bracknell and when I drive home, it's always 1.5 degrees colder at home.

Thanks. Sounds like mine might be reading a little low then. 

Posted

About as close as we get to 'permafrost' lately well in the shade very frozen, compacts hard come the night. Unfortunately it is not set to last. 0.9c and falling, the fog looks widespread & dense in places expect it to be slow to clear. 

IMG_1700.GIFIMG_1698.GIF

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Popped out for a pint at my local earlier and I have to say I felt chilled to the bone by the time I had walked the mile home. What a frigid spell of weather we're enjoying in the Region at the moment (or enduring if you don't like cold)!  :) No sign of fog here as yet, and my thermometer has just hit -3C at 19.15.

• Like 3

Posted
22 minutes ago, ptow said:

What is it reading now? It's about -1 now, but I guess Farnborough is lower. Seems to be the cold spot 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

OK, after a week of freezing weather and sub-zero overnight temps I think it's time we all warmed up by sharing some pics of our open fires or wood burners! Here's one of my burner roaring away tonight! Anybody got any crumpets we can toast! :laugh:

20170122_193825_resized.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

temperatures at or below freezing across most of the region as of 7:50pm, east/south-east of London looking especially on the chilly side

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 19.51.08.png

• Like 1

Posted

Taking a minute to appreciate this headline..

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 19.56.38.png

best part is the pretty average winter charts they use as "proof" with the dates always cropped off..

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 19.57.06.png

Edited by Delka

1 hour ago, LeighD said:

Freezing fog in coming! Going to be a nightmare where it forms! Given the ground is well below zero now. Ice all over everything 

Fog will effect just about anyone but will be hit and miss. Oxfordshire around that way High Wycombe always sees fog. 

Then the higher parts of Surrey Box hill extra are pretty prone. But like I say anyone will get it.. 

Lowest temps we be where fog is kept at bay.. 

Maybe stagnet weather but it's far from boring 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Having problems uploading pictures from iPhone. It won't let me upload! Any ideas? Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Sub freezing at 5pm

hoping for -6 if we miss the fog

IMG_1870.JPG

We have the fog and it's in the minuses already here, it hasn't gone below freezing until near dawn here this whole spell. I think the fog may be helping the temp drop this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

A bit misty here and temperature is steady at -2.6c. Bit more moisture in the air so the frost is forming faster than previous nights. 

Posted
1 hour ago, ptow said:

What is it reading now? It's about -1 now, but I guess Farnborough is lower. Seems to be the cold spot