Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

very frosty today. A jeans and boots kind of day. Much warmer than leggings or jeggings. Very calm and still, quite  unusual as there is normal some kind of a breeze. 

However, yes it looks pretty. but it samey and boring.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

A lovely morning again today . On the train I have seen a small stream completely frozen over . Now I have not seen that for a long,long time . That is what winter should be like and just one thing is missing and hopefully that will come in time. Long may it continue . :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, MONKEYJAM said:

After seeing the forecast earlier in the week I wasn't expecting Thursday night into Friday morning to be the coldest of the week so far !! -5.5c here

I think the cold has moved north a bit, much less frost around this morning here, there's some where yesterdays didn't melt that has been reinforced, but nothing new, even cars don't need defrosting. May be a mile up the road is different though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well you have to say, the forecast for the week wasn't all this proper cold, sun and good frosty nights.
Bit frustrated that all the snow went to the Spanish beaches, makes a change from the Greek ones.....

Its been an absolute stunner of a week, long may it continue and one in the face for all those that suggested cloud and dank.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

I think the cold has moved north a bit, much less frost around this morning here, there's some where yesterdays didn't melt that has been reinforced, but nothing new, even cars don't need defrosting. May be a mile up the road is different though.

I am on the coast here and had to scrape the ice of every day this week. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

I am on the coast here and had to scrape the ice of every day this week. 

Strange, it might be just here then. it's already 2.4 which is deffo the high for this time, this week. looks like the temp went down to 0.1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

You may have wind directly off the sea, down there in Dover, Alexis?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Strange, it might be just here then. it's already 2.4 which is deffo the high for this time, this week. looks like the temp went down to 0.1

Yes all the Kent coast seems to be milder this morning, go inland a mile and back into the freezer I think it's because the wind has picked up there where here it's dead calm

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

You may have wind directly off the sea, down there in Dover, Alexis?

Yep about 18 mph, that's probably the reason.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

49 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

A lovely morning again today . On the train I have seen a small stream completely frozen over . Now I have not seen that for a long,long time . That is what winter should be like and just one thing is missing and hopefully that will come in time. Long may it continue . :)

Agree! All these hard frosts will be chilling the ground nicely for the snow that's coming, will make sure it sticks :D

Another lovely morning here after a cold night. No complaints at all, really good to see the sunshine.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Agree! All these hard frosts will be chilling the ground nicely for the snow that's coming, will make sure it sticks :D

Another lovely morning here after a cold night. No complaints at all, really good to see the sunshine.

Not only that, we need the heavy frosts to get nature back to clean and kill all those bad bugs and slimy creatures that live in the undergrowth.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Not only that, we need the heavy frosts to get nature back to clean and kill all those bad bugs and slimy creatures that live in the undergrowth.

Definitely! Way too many slugs over the last few years. 

Temp at 6.00 am:

Roof -4.5 c  Screen -5.0c  Grass - 5.5c

Half our lawn remained frosted all day yesterday. Got to say this weather may not be snowy but at least it is winter weather, I'm not complaining for sure.

All we need now is a battleground snow event to make this winter spell even better.....

Edited by mickeyb44
  • Like 6

Posted

High so far today 4.7, wind gusting around 30 mph, and feels raw. Will probably keep the frost away again tonight from here, as still air is best for that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

Went from -5.6 to 6.1 today! Didn't think temps would get as high as they did, but still lots of frost in the shade 

As soon as that sun goes down that temperature is going to go through the floor 

Part of my garden doesn't get any sun it's been frozen Soild all week and looks to remain that way till middle of next week at the earliest, can't recall the last time it was frozen for this long.. And when I say soild it is rock hard. 

The pond also gets no sun in winter thick old ice 

DSC_0012.JPG

Posted

Wind seems to have calmed a bit now, still frost in the shade even though no new frost last night. down to 2.2 now.

Posted

Us in the far north of the region joined in the crisp winter weather today, we had a lovely hard frost followed by a cool fresh clear day. Hoping it last a bit longer so i can say it was notable up here seeing as we've missed days of it already

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A glorious day with sunshine from sunrise to sunset. The dry continental air definitely helps and another clear night with frost and only patchy fog.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The snowman we built last Friday the very bottom of its base is still clinging on in our garden where it doesn't get much Sun this time of year, shows how cold its been for some of us!