Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Mostly cloudy today with the sunny skies just to the south with thick cloud, drizzle and fog just north of here. The skies did clear at sunset typically.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Todays high a chilly 4.7, must be getting used to it, thought it felt warmer today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It got up to 7C here with brilliant sunshine. I am not complaining!:yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Frost didn't clear in the shade here today . The ice that formed overnight outside my house because of next doors overflow running has remained frozen all day . Which of course is cool.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
3 hours ago, bluebell said:

I'm relishing these beautiful cold sunny days, just taken this pic of the sunsetting from the office window! Would love a foot or two of snow but this is the next best thing in winter weather in my humble opinion. 

image.jpeg

Thanks for sharing that fantastic photo Bluebell. 

On a side note how great it is to see Hastings pier rebuilt and open for business again.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
24 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Thanks for sharing that fantastic photo Bluebell. 

On a side note how great it is to see Hastings pier rebuilt and open for business again.

Thanks! Yes it's brilliant, the pier opening again. The way it's been funded and organised makes me really proud of the town, Hastings often gets a bad press but I think it's a great place to live and work. Sure it has its difficulties and fair share of poverty but it's got a thriving community spirit, and a lot of folk who really care about the town. Most importantly it's one of the sunniest places in Britian! :smile:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
4 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Thanks! Yes it's brilliant, the pier opening again. The way it's been funded and organised makes me really proud of the town, Hastings often gets a bad press but I think it's a great place to live and work. Sure it has its difficulties and fair share of poverty but it's got a thriving community spirit, and a lot of folk who really care about the town. Most importantly it's one of the sunniest places in Britian! :smile:

Absolutely.

Weather news, it's a bit nippy here currently 1.6c but a beautiful clear starlit sky.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
4 hours ago, Delka said:

If you look back on met office summaries of 2016, it was pretty dry. Hopefully it doesn't carry on because it hasn't been too long since 2011/2012 when the region was affected badly. We had heath fires here in that period..

March 2012 I remember chilling on old Hunstanton beach and it was as good as a summers day could get. Off the A149 there were a couple of bush fires! 

Then when April came, along came the endless torrents of rain and flooding! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Visiting my daughter in Cheltenham tonight and forecast is -3c but will feel like -7c overnight and it feels like it as well. What sit like back in Lee Green where I live?  Plus I've just seen the time and I am now officially a pensioner as reached that age but not sure `I feel like it. Happy birthday me!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, terryall said:

Visiting my daughter in Cheltenham tonight and forecast is -3c but will feel like -7c overnight and it feels like it as well. What sit like back in Lee Green where I live?  Plus I've just seen the time and I am now officially a pensioner as reached that age but not sure `I feel like it. Happy birthday me!

Happy birthday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well it looks like we will all be scrapping the cars this morning as the entire region is below freezing and under clear skies. 

Down to -3C here. So some sunshine forecast for most over the next few days though cloud could drift into the region on Saturday and early next week there could be increasing issues with fog.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well it looks like we will all be scrapping the cars this morning as the entire region is below freezing and under clear skies. 

Down to -3C here. So some sunshine forecast for most over the next few days though cloud could drift into the region on Saturday and early next week there could be increasing issues with fog.

It's cold out with a good frost, but  even though my car is 6 years old I shall not be scrapping it just yet :-)

Sorry couldn't resist :-)

Edited by 80sWeather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

After seeing the forecast earlier in the week I wasn't expecting Thursday night into Friday morning to be the coldest of the week so far !! -5.5c here

Posted

-3.2c here at six o'clock, blanket on the windscreen overnight was definitely needed.

Off out in a minute with some grub for the birds and most importantly water too

• Like 1

Posted

Well I have to say, despite all the doom and gloom in some other threads about lack of snow, I love this weather. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets, sunny days, long may it continue.

• Like 7

Posted
17 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Final scores on the doors for Greenhithe

-4.6 ....

long may it continue - current -4.3

S

-5 in Plumstead Steve :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, MONKEYJAM said:

After seeing the forecast earlier in the week I wasn't expecting Thursday night into Friday morning to be the coldest of the week so far !! -5.5c here

I was thinking the same. My local forecast at the start of the week showed increasing cloud cover from mid-week. Yet here we are on Friday with yet another clear and bitterly cold night - down to -5.9C here in the Hadleigh 'hole'. What a fantastic week of weather! Could only have been improved by some lying snow too..... :)

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All, another morning of frosted cars, grass and pavements in SE London. Reading back earlier i notice a few people saying that they are either getting used to the cold or its milder. personally i think its just a case of it being dead calm just lately and so no wind chill.

walking the pooch in the evening is cold, but not insufferably cold

• Like 1