Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

Lol if it carries on at that rate it will like -12c by morning :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temp maxed out at 3.5 degrees but is dropping like a stone now and is -0.1(dropped 1 degree in last hour!!).Think we are in for quite a cold week and weekend in SE with daytime temps no higher than 6 during day and below freezing at night where skies are clear.Still looks that it will eventually become more mobile by middle of next week with temps slowly rising to 8/9 degrees in most areas.After that who knows but my hunch is that we will have a High Pressure sitting over us and we will revert to the December type pattern:wallbash:.Hope i am wrong on that last point but historically i think this is how it may pan out.I fear our last hope this winter to get a significant cold spell will be with the SSW developing but from memory this doesnt guarantee a cold spell but just increases our chances of a cold spell.At least there is still hope though which is more than we have had for the last 2 winters:)

-1.5 c on the grass this morning, now 0.0 c

Temp on roof from iss 1.9 c Temp in Stevenson screen 0.5 c

Met office showing a minimum for me tonight at 0.0 c , I will see if that's correct in the morning.

Good to see the gfs keeping hold of the cold in the south east corner for quite a while, im hoping there will soon be a reason for the model thread to get really busy :cc_confused: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, mickeyb44 said:

-1.5 c on the grass this morning, now 0.0 c

Temp on roof from iss 1.9 c Temp in Stevenson screen 0.5 c

Met office showing a minimum for me tonight at 0.0 c , I will see if that's correct in the morning.

Good to see the gfs keeping hold of the cold in the south east corner for quite a while, im hoping there will soon be a reason for the model thread to get really busy :cc_confused: 

Going to be mild by the weekend

Posted

ANother 0.8c in 50 mins, now down at -2.5c. Could be the coldest night of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

ECM now indicating that atlantic may miss the SE with our little patch holding the cold

IMG_1824.PNG

That's good if we could also get some snow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well today has been brrr all day here, top temp 2.4 and the frost is every where already. How cold is it going to get tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some decent sunny spells and just some patchy high cloud today. There was a little ice this morning and I suspect a sharp frost tonight. 

Minus 1.2 c here in the Stevenson screen, grass temp probably minus 2.0 c

Good luck to Kent and East Norfolk, may be some good minimums for you and maybe lower in next few days.

Im hoping the model discussion thread goes into meltdown soon but not holding my breath............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
9 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Dead still here & very cold-

just cleaned one of my cars & the roof was icing up as I did it!

this is the type of dry cold we can get from the continent

suspect it will be -4 here tonight- 

IMG_1723.JPG

Are you Trotters Independent Trading (Delboy) in disguise Steve? :rofl:

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow
58 minutes ago, crazysnowcatz4 said:

Currently -3.2 C in Canterbury, had to get the Avocado tree inside or it would have been finished off tonight..

Best keep it indoors  until next week...apparently  it could possibly be the coldest weekend of the winter according to john hammond. I so hope hes right!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Is everything ok in Canterbury?! Weather looks a bit ominous!

image.png

• Like 1

Posted

We are now at -3.7c. Now got a trip to Sheffield where it will probably be 7c or 8c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters. Cool wet summers.

I've got -5.9C now in Tonbridge. Not seen that for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Down to around -2C here this morning though the cloud is beginning to edge south over this part of the region again.