Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolutely rancid weather today, did not stop raining here until dusk! Milder temperature of 9C now but feels colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
18 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Absolutely rancid weather today, did not stop raining here until dusk! Milder temperature of 9C now but feels colder.

wow 9 c it's only 5.2 here, although that is todays high, and it hasn't started dropping off yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

wow 9 c it's only 5.2 here, although that is todays high, and it hasn't started dropping off yet.

Only 3C over here, with a 2mph NE wind...A steep gradient!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Just about managed this the other night with the kids . When the next time is who knows .

IMG_5185.JPG

Are the eyes carrot pieces.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Are the eyes carrot pieces.

Yeah my wife chopped them up . Funny thing is we didn't put the scarf on it . We came out the next morning for the school run and someone had added it . Goes to show how rare snow is when someone takes the time to do that eh .! funny though .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well I think I managed about 1cm fri night,miles better than the last few years,and it was beautiful to see it falling,but I feel this is going to be another winter to forget,yes the charts look much better than previous years,but they never verify,teasing us with the pot of gold,and delivering scrap,why does it always go pear shaped

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Sadly looks like the beast from the east fell back asleep for next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So this week I can offer a long and short version of the weather forecast.

Long version - Every day will be pretty similar with a lot of cloud and limited brightness, a few spots of rain cannot be ruled out or night frosts under any clearer skies. Temperatures look a little below normal by day and a little above by night due to cloud cover. 

Short version - :lazy:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Its trying to sleet here but its a lost cause as too warm. So we have half sleet - whatever that is called.

Posted

It looks really quite cold by the latter part of the week especially for the SE, as we pick up an ESE wind off the cold I assume snow covered continent. Temps a fair bit below average, no snow, harsh frosts. Potential for some wintriness with a cold pool developing in the vicinity of the U.K. with Atlantic wanting to pounce in.

image.gifimage.gif

Edited by Changing Skies

Posted

Not a good outlook for now for coldies if you believe the bbc weather site, tomasz on the updated forecast at 0751hrs said and I quote "no winter on the horizon either" but it will stay colder in the south than north due to cold air from the continenet drifting over us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

rain.

:lazy:

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

A bit of sleetiness in the rain in East Grinstead earlier.  T850's must be so marginal as well, around -1/2C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Rainy and dull. It is snuggles weather out there this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

NetweatherSnowRadar is showing sleet across East Anglia And parts of the Kent North Downs now .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another vile day by the looks of it with steady rain falling. Colder than yesterday at 5C and with a light wind from the SE....could this rain turn wintry?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Totals really are totting up here. Roads are virtually rivers! Thought yesterday was bad enough. 

• Like 1

Posted

#murdersleet on Twitter did make me laugh this weekend. I know newspapers have to be sensational in order to get our attention...but the rhetoric of the press has been downright silly with the weather recently.

My allotment is 60m asl highter than my flat at 115m...just enough elevation for a little snow to settle..so at least I got a snowball fight this weekend..with mini snowballs I might add! 

I'm going to put my cards on the table and say meh for now, snow by Valentine's Day. Based on nothing but reading weather tea leaves!:nea:

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Here it's alternating between sunny and cloudy, no rain as yet, high of 2.9 today so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

This rain, heavy at times, has been over me now for more than 24hrs, temps have dropped back down in the East to 3,4,5c. Pity really, so close and yet so far to a battleground set up.

Of course part of the problem in the SE of the UK is altitude, highest hills what? 200/300m max I guess, if we were just twice that altitude I am sure that it would snow all the time in Winter...hills of 400/600m, continental feed, uppers of -2/3c would be enough for snow. Its like them "what if" programs, North downs/Chilterns would be regularly snowed in, skying at Biggin Hill without the need of artificial snow, England's capital most likely be in a milder Birmingham.:)

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dry and mostly sunny here so far, though there seems to be some weakish-looking convection offshore...6C with a 3 mph easterly breeze.