Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted

Rain the sleet then brief snow shower and back to sleet here in Coulsdon. Temp is falling back now 3.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Confirmed again bt BBC weather.
Shows warm front stuck over sentral west areas, east ANglia and SE staying cold.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, steveinsussex said:

Rdar says something should be falling, however nothing...

We still have quite a bitof snow inplaces on the ground from theother day

Precipitation radar shows what's in the sky, which is not necessarily what reaches the ground. Colder air at the surface may well mean that it's evaporated before it gets to you.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Been snowing here for about 30 mins, medium to light, nice to see but not laying 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers & Thunderstorms Cold Winters & Snow

Hmmm, interesting - although the BBC are still showing rain and sleet for tomorrow, the maximum temperature is now showing as 4c, and the temperature actually falls a few hours into the precipitation, before it eventually rises very slowly (still only to a maximum of 3c however) Any chance we could get a surprise tomorrow? 

Edited by Ben Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A few wintry showers around midday down in south Essex. It is now mostly sunny with a few bits of fair weather cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Sunny 'ere. Not surprised i just got a few spots of rain, opened up the garden gate in my t-shirt and i didn't feel overly icy cold.

Shame a bit of winter and the mild air spoils it:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Shame the easterly is dead

:nonono::angry::(:cray::lazy:

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dami said:

Sunny 'ere. Not surprised i just got a few spots of rain, opened up the garden gate in my t-shirt and i didn't feel overly icy cold.

Shame a bit of winter and the mild air spoils it:nonono:

thats interesting.....a garden gate in your teeshirt:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

To my west showers would probably fall as rain today, feels relatively warm out, so not fussed they are missing me.

Posted
45 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

Hmmm, interesting - although the BBC are still showing rain and sleet for tomorrow, the maximum temperature is now showing as 4c, and the temperature actually falls a few hours into the precipitation, before it eventually rises very slowly (still only to a maximum of 3c however) Any chance we could get a surprise tomorrow? 

There is a warning for snow posted for tomorrow. So it shouldn't be a surprise to much?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
50 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

If skies clear tonight and we get a frost then yes; but the MetO are saying unlikely and the max tomorrow will get up to 8C, way too warm for snow. Eastern parts might see snow initially though?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

If skies clear tonight and we get a frost then yes; but the MetO are saying unlikely and the max tomorrow will get up to 8C, way too warm for snow. Eastern parts might see snow initially though?

Yes, I think it very much depends on your location - here in West Kent we are being forecast only 1C all morning so may well get to see a 'wintry mix'.

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

Sleet and snow looks probable for a time say a hour or two for most. NMM agrees west of London probably wet. More east you are the better- cold air could put on more of a fight..

image.gif

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, kate1 said:

Yes, I think it very much depends on your location - here in West Kent we are being forecast only 1C all morning so may well get to see a 'wintry mix'.

Yes you are in with a chance of possibly seeing a few flakes. I'd rather it was cold and sunny, this cloudy, cold and damp rubbbish isn't pleasant at all. The 'cold spell' appears to be downgrading so that's disappointing, hoping the SSW shown to occur brings us some joy later this month. And by joy I mean ice days and blizzards!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes you are in with a chance of possibly seeing a few flakes. I'd rather it was cold and sunny, this cloudy, cold and damp rubbbish isn't pleasant at all. The 'cold spell' appears to be downgrading so that's disappointing, hoping the SSW shown to occur brings us some joy later this month. And by joy I mean ice days and blizzards!

What's SSW? Keep seeing it but don't know what it is? Thanks 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
4 minutes ago, Daryl Dixon said:

What's SSW? Keep seeing it but don't know what it is? Thanks 

Sudden Stratospheric Warming.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Still there on the 06z. Might be a blink or you'll miss it sort of affair though for most people.

18-574.GIF

21-574.GIF

Posted

Well, well, well...I find that rather hard to believe, more of a battleground maybe.:shok: Strange that SM has signed off for now and we still have all this lot to look forward to tomorrow morning.

21-780.GIF

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
18 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

It doesn't always guarantee cold weather here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Well, well, well...I find that rather hard to believe, more of a battleground maybe.:shok: Strange that SM has signed off for now and we still have all this lot to look forward to tomorrow morning.

21-780.GIF

He posted today lol

Posted
22 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Thank you :-)