Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C
4 minutes ago, Lisa9982 said:

Any news on Jaywick? My sisters mother in law was collected earlier today and bought back to chelmsford but her bungalow is about 500 yards from the sea wall 

The highest waters are due to be around 00:15 tonight, that's all the info I can really give I'm afraid!

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Lisa9982 said:

Any news on Jaywick? My sisters mother in law was collected earlier today and bought back to chelmsford but her bungalow is about 500 yards from the sea wall 

I live at Walton...Sea looks fairly calm..Wind is not so strong as earlier...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Although only probably a 5-10% chance Sunday could become interesting for Eastern regions of the SE as it is possible that the cold air maybe puts up more resistance from the front moving in from the West.This has just been shown on BBC SE news that showed temps of only 3 or 4 degrees on Sunday.Yesterday they were showing temps of 7-9 degrees.Just something to look out for as some areas(esp with elevation) may encounter a period of snow Sunday morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow of course
2 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Although only probably a 5-10% chance Sunday could become interesting for Eastern regions of the SE as it is possible that the cold air maybe puts up more resistance from the front moving in from the West.This has just been shown on BBC SE news that showed temps of only 3 or 4 degrees on Sunday.Yesterday they were showing temps of 7-9 degrees.Just something to look out for as some areas(esp with elevation) may encounter a period of snow Sunday morning.

Yeah BBC weather app showing this for my area light snow from 8 - 11am

Posted

Just seen a report from Great Yarmouth that water is right up to the Promenade and still rising. The entire beach is flooded. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Did you know the tide heights on wed and thursday were a 1m over prediction, 

Its now at Southend only 1.41m over prediction and slowly and steadily dropping.
This means that there is little to worry about down here.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Its now at Southend only 1.41m over prediction and slowly and steadily dropping.

Phew!

Posted
19 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Hmmm You ve also got 2hr s till high tide not done rising yet i dont think

I get what your saying tho... i see it now... the surge is subsiding as the tide is rising

Edited by Paul77

Posted
2 hours ago, Lisa9982 said:

I'll keep an eye :)

News coming through now that the seawall at Jaywick has not been breached, however because water is touching the wall, an assessment will be carried out before deciding when residents can return home

Posted

Just taking a drive around and there's still lying snow down to around 40/50m. This'll be the 3rd day. That's pretty impressive really.

I've still got about 1/2 to 3/4 inch on the grass and my road is still partially snow/ice covered in places 

Edited by Daryl Dixon

Posted
8 hours ago, Paul77 said:

Hmmm You ve also got 2hr s till high tide not done rising yet i dont think

I get what your saying tho... i see it now... the surge is subsiding as the tide is rising

Looking back it was only 0.7m over prediction when it was high water.
This is the thing about surges, I see it all the time to a lesser extent, just lucky it wass mainly over the low water ish time.

I must admit down here if it was the "perfect surge" it would have co incited  with a 6m tide which would have made it an 8m pus tide, that would have flooded parts of London before the barrier was put up and of course many other places.

This is the polar opposite of what we want snow wise, atmospherics never seem to right for big heaps of snow, you just want perfect timing for surges.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
26 minutes ago, TheGate said:

Snowing lightly here, enough to give a dusting. 0.4c

Was a nice little sprinkle :rofl: ..... Much quieter in here this morning :yahoo:

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Looks like some snow tomorrow morning as the front approaches but turning to rain a few hours later.

would have been lovely if the cold somehow managed to cling on in our neck of the woods but not to be by the looks of things

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
9 minutes ago, snowbob said:

Looks like some snow tomorrow morning as the front approaches but turning to rain a few hours later.

would have been lovely if the cold somehow managed to cling on in our neck of the woods but not to be by the looks of things

I need to look at the DAM, Thicknesses, DPs chart in a bit, it'll be cold enough IMO.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, snowbob said:

Yesterday the forecast here was far rain only and a max of 6. Today it is for a period of snow before the rain and a mx of 3. Doubt it will be heavy enough or cold enough when the snow arrives to settle, but it's trending in the right direction. I think the gfs showed this possibility a few days ago. Looks like another now cast situation.

• Like 1

Posted

What is the point of a little bit of snow which then turns to rain quickly and its then all to mild for  a couple of days.

Pointless.