Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Light to moderate snow here which is settling. There is some heavy stuff moving down the Lincolnshire coast, that seems to be the only way of getting more than a dusting though.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Good morning Britain main headlines: 

"Snow brings Winter hell across the country"

"Winter chaos" 

It really is a cringeworthy as you can get... Even my partner who is Português has just said "what's the big deal" "it's a Tiny weeney bit of snow" 

• Like 2

Stansted TAF

TAF: EGSS 130501Z 1306/1412 29013KT 9999 SCT035 TEMPO 1306/1318 29020G32KT TEMPO 1308/1310 3000 SHRASN BKN005 PROB40 TEMPO 1308/1310 1000 SHSN BKN002 PROB40 TEMPO 1309/1315 30030G42KT PROB30 TEMPO 1405/1407 1500 -SHSN BKN007

So a good chance of some snow between 08 & 10AM for Stansted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Mine says 10am light snow, 11am heavy snow, 12 snow shower

yesterday it was on the money (beeb) so let's see how it goes this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Snowing quite heavily here and blowing around. Almost forgot what the stuff looks like, it's been that long!! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Snowing quite heavily here and blowing around. Almost forgot what the stuff looks like, it's been that long!! 

Will it reach looney town i wonder?

Posted

Can't believe the eastern side of that is breaking up over the wash so it's completely fizzling out before it gets here, grrrrr

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Will it reach looney town i wonder?

Certainly will but don't expect too much in the way of accumulations, looks quite weak and is passing through rather quickly, 30 minutes of very light snow tops. There is some heavier stuff but that's going more towards Suffolk

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Much heavier now, there seems to be a 15min lag in what the radar is showing and what is actually happening. If it stays as snow, I'm hoping that the lag happens on the back end as well ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

fine snow in beddy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between
13 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

"Winter chaos" 

It really is a cringeworthy as you can get... Even my partner who is Português has just said "what's the big deal" "it's a Tiny weeney bit of snow" 

Love this!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

light flakes now falling here in west Norwich. Covering cars and roads, don't think its going to cause to much disruption, It is that typical north sea snow fine and light. As everyone is saying nice to see after a 4 year absent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Each season has its own merits but, since you press me, heavy snow

Light snow just NW of Cambridge

Posted

People can take the jaffa cakes about the conditions all they want but where I live it's really nasty this morning, ice ice ice everywhere.... abandoned cars on the hills of the housing estate where we live

really bloody horrible and Icy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
25 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

"Winter chaos" 

You say that but if you could have seen the chaos on Bluebell Hill last night from what I can only presume is people who can't drive (no accidents) that closed the road overnight, you'd think we had several feet of snow. 

• Like 1

Posted

Judging from my 30 minutes of snow before light then 15 minutes of sleet once the sun rose, I don't think any of you should get your hopes up. The leading edge was heavier here so hopefully that can steadily stay as snow for awhile longer but anyone i would say further south Norfolk/Cambridge should just expect sleet or cold rain and then maybe later get a pleasant surprise of some snow..

Posted
27 minutes ago, Rich44 said:

Can't believe the eastern side of that is breaking up over the wash so it's completely fizzling out before it gets here, grrrrr

It saddened me aswell because it stopped any flakes from settling here.. oh well, good luck anyone further south in the next few hours.. I imagine there's not long before daytime temps kick in and turn it to rain 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

You say that but if you could have seen the chaos on Bluebell Hill last night from what I can only presume is people who can't drive (no accidents) that closed the road overnight, you'd think we had several feet of snow. 

Where the snow came down so heavy it cooled the roads so quickly and turned to ice underneath and snow settled. Cars where physically unable to get up the hill. Saw many spinning their wheels not moving.

snow1.png