Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
8 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Please cold someone point me in the right direction for finding dew point for my location? Have been using NW but can't zoom. Thanks

https://www.wunderground.com/

put your location in to that site and you will get it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
5 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Another website that folks may find useful: http://www.geocities.ws/crazysnowfan/

Are you are relation to Mr crazySNOWFANFAN from LutonZ ?.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Good grief. Over 70 flood warnings along the east coast now. When is this predicted surge arriving then? Tomorrow morning or evening? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Guffffaaaaaaaaaawwwwww the meees is not possibly able to comment on things liek that

thought so -

- regards to your uncle (-:

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Good grief. Over 70 flood warnings along the east coast now. When is this predicted surge arriving then? Tomorrow morning or evening? 

For us here it's 13:30 

Posted
7 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Its going to be felt all the way from Lincolnshire southwards as far down the North Sea coast as Esses. Timings vary according to high tide but mid morning will be bad in Norfolk, then lunchtime in suffolk and afternoon Essex, then it will all happen again when the second high tide comes through later in the day.

Posted
3 hours ago, southbank said:

Was fun , but compared to the Thames streamer 03 , thunder snow 04 , Feb 1st 09 , Dec 1st & 19th 2010 , Jan 13 was a bit like hunting down the side of sofa looking for loose change.

im lucky to of been old enough to remember '78 , the classic 80's winter and 91 

Wow I found that really cool.  We went from mildish and hammering rain to sleet and snow blizzard in about 10 minutes and to see the dew points plummet like that isn't an every day occurrence.  In fact I can't remember a snow to rain event quite as extreme as that in my lifetime.  I agree I've seen deeper snow but it's still 2 inches when I was wondering if I'd see a flake.  You are not that far from me.  Always a funny thing with snow though small differences can lead to different precipitation rates.  Must of been in the sweet spot for this one.

Having said that my family is living in the garden in a caravan whilst our house is refurbished and the up coming weather is going to be tough for us.  Can't deal with ice days when your water supply is a relatively poorly insulated hose!

IMG_2922.JPG

Edited by Trom
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, southbank said:

Was fun , but compared to the Thames streamer 03 , thunder snow 04 , Feb 1st 09 , Dec 1st & 19th 2010 , Jan 13 was a bit like hunting down the side of sofa looking for loose change.

im lucky to of been old enough to remember '78 , the classic 80's winter and 91 

oh yes definitely remember thundersnow  2004 et al' .. but you gotta count your blessings these days (-:

something early early 70's was cool too...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
25 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Its going to be felt all the way from Lincolnshire southwards as far down the North Sea coast as Esses. Timings vary according to high tide but mid morning will be bad in Norfolk, then lunchtime in suffolk and afternoon Essex, then it will all happen again when the second high tide comes through later in the day.

30 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

For us here it's 13:30 

Cheers folks. Mid morning I may visit Kings Lynn area to see how bad things get if I'm not busy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Hey guys not been able to post due to forgotten password so was lurking in work all evening and what an evening it was aye? Drove from my new house (no longer a basildonian) on canvey island with heavy rain 6 degrees and in the space of my 20 min commute temp dropped to 3 degrees and snow!!! Was great to see all the non believers faces in work- the ones who said it won't snow and then it won't settle!! Next on the agenda was the flickering lights (could see you were all experiencing the same) but 2 hours ago hubbie phoned to say yeah we have a power cut!!!! - now I'm sitting looking at all the red flood warnings worried about the fact I live near the sea wall and my parents like right on the seafront at walton on naze!!! 11.15 am high tide for them and 13.08pm for me!!!! What a start to the year!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
30 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

If it's the same as the last one, it went round the south kent coast too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

Just had a long long journey home from Stord in Norway, sat at Bergen airport next to the run way for two hours as all the flights into Gatwick were delayed due to issues with landings and taking off. Flight was meant to land at Gatwick at 20:10 but landed at 22:20 only to be sat in the aircraft for another 30mins due to another aircraft stuck in out gate as it was waiting to be de-iced.

At home (Crawley) snow had started to melt but still a good coupe of inches on the ground, cloud has cleared and I think that the roads are going to be a bit of an ice nightmare in the morning...........how ever.....I think its great and am looking forward to more of the same ..... with any luck

Posted
24 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Hey guys not been able to post due to forgotten password so was lurking in work all evening and what an evening it was aye? Drove from my new house (no longer a basildonian) on canvey island with heavy rain 6 degrees and in the space of my 20 min commute temp dropped to 3 degrees and snow!!! Was great to see all the non believers faces in work- the ones who said it won't snow and then it won't settle!! Next on the agenda was the flickering lights (could see you were all experiencing the same) but 2 hours ago hubbie phoned to say yeah we have a power cut!!!! - now I'm sitting looking at all the red flood warnings worried about the fact I live near the sea wall and my parents like right on the seafront at walton on naze!!! 11.15 am high tide for them and 13.08pm for me!!!! What a start to the year!!! 

Sounds scary. I suggest that you and your parents start shifting electrical, important, personal-memory stuff upstairs and collect a small bag of the vital stuff (including house insurance docs) in case the worse does come to the worse. Hope it doesn't, though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Snow didn't settle here too well, had patchy 1 to 2 cm. All of it has gone now apart from on hard surfaces like car windows and my patio table, other places seemed to get more I wonder what caused it?

I was expecting the roads to be ice covered and slippery but they are bone dry, I got up early for nothing!!! 

• Like 1

Posted

Had snow for half hour yesterday that gave a temporary dusting of snow which was gone with in an hour! Net week cold snap doesn't look like bringing any snow now! Just cold and sunny and Frosty!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well snow forecast here between 8 and 10 this morning and I have to take my car to Huntingdon to get the brakes on my car replaced. 

I mean come on, I am fighting sods law with sods law here. Surely the Fens snow shield can't hold if it has the chance to screw me over by dumping a load of snow on the roads. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
16 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well snow forecast here between 8 and 10 this morning and I have to take my car to Huntingdon to get the brakes on my car replaced. 

I mean come on, I am fighting sods law with sods law here. Surely the Fens snow shield can't hold if it has the chance to screw me over by dumping a load of snow on the roads. :rofl:

Huntingdon is clear , not even a frost. At least you wont get stuck there 

Posted
28 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Coming to the wrong place for snow although it can be totally different in Huntingdon just six miles up the road from me.

I'm off to London for a photography event so even if we get anything will probably miss it.