Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

If you read the warnings again and the flickering lights tonight it makes you think . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
6 minutes ago, Paul77 said:

Temps dropped for a time as the heavy snow dragged down the colder air they have now gone up due to the snow stopping and cloud cover once the cloud clears temps will drop again,if it had been cold to start would have been perfect and it would have hung around.I only now the basics lol sorry.

you can see it on the graph

curr24hourgraph.gif

Thanks Paul, I get it now - like you said, such a shame it wasn't this time last week when it was already so cold, I'd have had a good few inches out there now! The idea of all that slush turning into an ice rink overnight is pretty scary though, eh?!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, snowsummer said:

Hope it doesnt effect you. Or anyone else for that matter. My son lives on canvey island. Wonder  it it will effect there?  Hope not. 

Canvey copped it bad many years back and was prone to flooding but i believe they have improved the flood defenses, he s at risk to https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/target-area/051FWCDV5B1

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Thanks Paul, I get it now - like you said, such a shame it wasn't this time last week when it was already so cold, I'd have had a good few inches out there now! The idea of all that slush turning into an ice rink overnight is pretty scary though, eh?!

Gonna be lethal on the roads tomorrow,hope i ve got no work on usually do 200 miles a day

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul77 said:

Canvey copped it bad many years back and was prone to flooding but i believe they have improved the flood defenses, he s at risk to https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/target-area/051FWCDV5B1

My apologies looks like mainland behind Canvey

Posted
36 minutes ago, Jcweather said:

Moon now visible here. Starting to clear, should think it will start to freeze soon

Edit: Just seen the post above about Southend Seafront. Yikes!

This isn't a new thing, the properties used to flood in the 80s when i lived there so it makes you wonder why thirty years later, the defences still dont seem to be adequate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Tomorrow mornings snow is currently moving into Northern Scotland and turning readily to snow!

• Like 4

Posted
14 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

This isn't a new thing, the properties used to flood in the 80s when i lived there so it makes you wonder why thirty years later, the defences still dont seem to be adequate.

Well indeed. The Council would rather spend the money on ridiculous road systems and trying to turn it into a city of culture, than improve sea defences. Hoping its not too bad, but fear for the residents and businesses along the seafront at Southend. I'm lucky I am high up from the seafront so no worries for me. But thinking I might offer my services tomorrow to those that may need it. Lets hope it doesn't come to that. It is usually overplayed to be on the safe side.

Edited by Southender
  • Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Tomorrow mornings snow is currently moving into Northern Scotland and turning readily to snow!

interesting looks quite well formed

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Is this feature currently moving faster than the current forecast? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
3 minutes ago, snowfall09 said:

Is this feature currently moving faster than the current forecast? 

Looks about right, perhaps a touch further West?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

According to satelite images, cloud is clearing our region to the east at present.  I expect temperatures to drop rapidly by midnight.

• Like 2

Posted
59 minutes ago, Lisa9982 said:

Just seen this for Southend! 

LATEST: A Red Flood Warning has just been issued for all of Southend seafront - immediate action is required. 

The Environment Agency have put the flood warning in place from Shoeburyness seafront through to Leigh-on-Sea seafront, due to a predicted tidal surge. 

Seafront properties are at risk - flooding is expected tomorrow at 1.30pm when the unusually high tide is forecast. 

Properties are particularly at risk in the Gunners Park area, Shoebury Common, the Southchurch Park area, on Western Esplanade and Chalkwell Esplanade. People living in these areas close to the seafront should take immediate action to protect their properties. 

Get Southend news updates via email: http://eepurl.com/bYe38b

Add us on Snapchat for live news updates: YourSouthend

Update: Southend Council say they do not have any sandbags available for residents. They only have a small number of sandbags that they use to protect key infrastructure like sub stations, if required. 

The Environment Agency is monitoring the situation closely, working alongside partners including the Met Office and local authorities.

IMG_5909.JPG

Fraction outside the red bit here in Leigh, still quite worrying, fingers crossed no one suffers any damage, have seen people with sandbags 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Southender said:

Well indeed. The Council would rather spend the money on ridiculous road systems and trying to turn it into a city of culture, than improve sea defences. Hoping its not too bad, but fear for the residents and businesses along the seafront at Southend. I'm lucky I am high up from the seafront so no worries for me. But thinking I might offer my services tomorrow to those that may need it. Lets hope it doesn't come to that. It is usually overplayed to be on the safe side.

Road systems? Anti-car? Sounds like Bristol City Council. Hi to all in this thread.

• Like 4

Posted

Clear skies here the moon in good display. Temp 1.3C we've retained a thin layer of snow on the shed roof, hopefully it gets a top up in the morning. :wink: 

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Only problem is Northern Scotland is a wee bit higher altitude than East Anglia, it's going to touch and go for us I think, might be like today where the higher parts of Kent do best.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

For some reason I cannot get the euro4 to load on my device, can some post the latest precipitation charts for tomorrow please, would be much appreciated. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Hmm,  will it reach us intact though? Bbc just had it as rain on the forecast map but met office have it as snow on the app! Everything crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Well I hope everyone along the coast keeps safe tomorrow, hopefully we don't have a repeat of December 2013 when people came to look at the high tide and put themselves all in danger.

Take care on the roads too, I don't want to be dealing with your insurance claim when I get in to work tomorrow!

I love snow and ice but it makes work absolute hell

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Please could someone point me in the right direction for finding dew point for my location? Have been using NW but can't zoom. Thanks

Edited by Darkcloud