Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...

Just an observation... but for all thoes of you with the new white colored  energy saving bulbs in their street lamps..do you think are not so good for lamppost watching as the old fashioned orange lights?

Or is it just me? 

Seems to me the snow doesnt show up so well against the white light? 

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Snowstalker said:

Just an observation... but for all thoes of you with the new white colored  energy saving bulbs in their street lamps..do you think are not so good for lamppost watching as the old fashioned orange lights?

Or is it just me? 

thats what i was wondering when i noticed the white earlier, also it goes out at midnight

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, 2810lollypop said:

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about half a millimetre of slush hahahaha . Time for a drink me thinks ... 

Be honest, you love it! :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow
Just now, Snowstalker said:

Or is it just me? 

Seems harder to tell if its rain or snow.  That aside, i just think it looks better, dark sky, snow and orange light. Its how it should be.  Or am  i just showing my age?

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, slater said:

I think everyone has seem to forgotten that a possible serious east coast flood event may over shadow this snow this time tomorrow. I do hope it won't happen, but looking at the flood local Twitter feed not looking good

Just been talking to a friend who works at lowestoft docks who said they were quite worried down there and were putting up defences and expecting flooding in the town centre, people being told where to evacuate to in the event..i think the high tide is expected sometime in the next two hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes
2 minutes ago, Snowstalker said:

Or is it just me? 

Definitely doesn't show the snow so well, but it's better than having the orange coloured lights which were turned off at midnight:)

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, slater said:

I think everyone has seem to forgotten that a possible serious east coast flood event may over shadow this snow this time tomorrow. I do hope it won't happen, but looking at the flood local Twitter feed not looking good

Just been talking to a friend who works at lowestoft docks who said they were quite worried down there and were putting up defences and expecting flooding in the town centre, people being told where to evacuate to in the event..i think the high tide is expected sometime in the next two hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow
3 minutes ago, 2810lollypop said:

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about half a millimetre of slush hahahaha . Time for a drink me thinks ... 

Its kinda like the build  up  to  Christmas.  Weeks and weeks waiting, then the massive excitement on christmas eve. Once the pressies all been opened next morning its a bit like..what now?  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
2 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

Be honest, you love it! :rofl:

Your spot on there , I did actually have another peep out the window to see if a winter wonderland might have just suddenly appeared ... In all seriousness I do hope no one gets flooded x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

According to my October Fog Index I have another three snow falls to come and one should be a whopper:good:

What is that lassie, your oct fog index?:)

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

high tide in 20 mins may be later with surge http://www.tides4fishing.com/uk/england/lowestoft

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Yep, I have heard that too, tho this tide coming shouldn't be too bad it's the two tomorrow that looks nasty at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
8 minutes ago, 2810lollypop said:

You haven't had a drink through all this . I decided to open the beer as soon as it started to snow . Cheers .:drunk:

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...
2 minutes ago, snowsummer said:

Seems harder to tell if its rain or snow.  That aside, i just think it looks better, dark sky, snow and orange light. Its how it should be.  Or am  i just showing my age?

No i agree, we still have orange lights visable in the distance on a main road and it looked so much better and more visbale against the orange. Looked like a proper blizzard up against the orange light, which also seem to throw its light over a larger area too. I also think the white lights are all solar powered now so they do go off around midnight. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

FRIDAY:

Snow reaching EA between 5-7AM, South-East 7-11AM. 2-3cm likely, it'll settle instantly because everything will be frozen so it should look rather nice, likely melt away once the band clears and the sun comes out.

Sunday looks to stay dry across our region with the fronts from the West staying to our West, which means we get to stay in the colder air flow into next week. Mostly dry at the moment but surprises do happen, look at this evening!

• Like 2

Posted

Well, that was bit of damp squib, although that was always going to be possible.  A covering of snow on the grass but a slushy mess elsewhere.  Was that my snow for winter 2016/17?  Hope not, but wouldn't be surprised if it was :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
42 minutes ago, madmunch said:

I would like to place an order for a thames streaker please :),

agree 100%, this lot was just a bit of fun. Easterly now please!;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Front clearing through London now-

all in a pretty good event - as expected here in greenhithe a great big pile of slush -

I am 100% moving next year-

model outputs poor this eve- the easterly has gone AWOL :(

What's it looking like for the morning for our area mate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
11 minutes ago, 2810lollypop said:

at least you got half a milimetre of slush...we didnt even get that.  what a waste of time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
6 minutes ago, 2810lollypop said:

Before I discovered this site I genuinely thought I was a bit nutty for being so obsessed with the weather. But it's reassuring when I see how many people are on here are just as crazy about snow and storm's. I think maybe the weather ignites some fond memories and just brings them back.

As a child who would have thought that when older, we would be talking to fellow weather fanatics through a computer or phone  screen!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Dashcam snow in East Grinstead on my drive home tonight.

TS_N0910.MOV

• Like 2

Posted

So those that managed to get some snow/slush, what depth did you manage?

I didn't measure with a ruler, but at peak I think we squeezed perhaps 2cm before it started melting.

Still have a covering on most surfaces, but dwindling rapidly.

• Like 2