SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers & Thunderstorms Cold Winters & Snow
1 minute ago, VillagePlank said:

Low. Due to hit around lunchtime.

OK thanks :) BBC has us under snow from 8 - 11am. Will probably change though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
14 minutes ago, Delka said:

East Norfolk.. What about us in north-west :nonono:We may be the only ones by Monday with no flakes at all.. 

There are no flakes around here. Yours truly excepted!:pardon::help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Right well,

What disaster. I left Brighton at 4.30pm and I've only just got in. I didn't get to enjoy the snow because I was in my car the whole time. The roads were absolute chaos with people who do not know how to drive in adverse weather. Got stuck at the bottom of Bluebell Hill for 2 hours and then they closed it and we all had to go through the icy lanes to get home.

So in conclusion I did not get to enkoy this snow event and I can only hope there'll be another one.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
2 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

.....and adding to the above +1, any slim tiny microscopic chance of something in Northants first thing tomorrow??? we got next to nothing tonight!

yes we got absolutely nothing in northants apart from cold rain.  im not holding any hold for tomorrow either after today's dismal events

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Right well,

What disaster. I left Brighton at 4.30pm and I've only just got in. I didn't get to enjoy the snow because I was in my car the whole time. The roads were absolute chaos with people who do not know how to drive in adverse weather. Got stuck at the bottom of Bluebell Hill for 2 hours and then they closed it and we all had to go through the icy lanes to get home.

So in conclusion I did not get to enkoy this snow event and I can only hope there'll be another one.

Just think about the poor council who are out on shift tonight around areas that don't cope well with snowfall..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
32 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

This is a thundersnow setup, if ever I've seen one,

17011312_1212.gif

For where? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Right well,

I said yesterday leave earlier :friends:you did well to get home at quick!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Went out for a nice snow walk and that wind is quite strong especially when exposed in the open and I could barely see what I doing with the wind blowing so much snow into my face, anyway did a short video of the snow and wind just outside one of my windows 

IMG_0140.JPG

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Bringing down the thread a little but best fun I ever had in the snow was in my old Subaru STI a fair few years ago in the peak hour traffic, that thing chewed it up like it was pure tarmac, amazing car in the snow and would have had to have been something special for it to get stuck.

Yep tomorrow looking just cold here and windy, back to the waiting game.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 minutes ago, madmunch said:

Anyone round my way able to tell me if we are line line for anything tomorrow? X

Depends if you keep calling out for streakers :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme warmth And Extreme blizzards.

Flood warnings for North Norfolk coast and Essex. Heads up. Just in case people are watching the snow and not tides. ATB Will.

• Like 3

Posted
6 hours ago, Jo S said:

now im confused, but i will still be happy to see  any white stuff even for a short while, those of us that have been on here for yrs know the highs and the lows on here, anyway ive got my camera ready for my event :D

Posted
11 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

OK thanks :) BBC has us under snow from 8 - 11am. Will probably change though

MetO, GFS, GFS 0.25, and Euro4 all have an occluding front hitting N Kent around midday - perhaps slightly later. There may be showers before, but this is the main interest for tomorrow, for our area.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

I think everyone has seem to forgotten that a possible serious east coast flood event may over shadow this snow this time tomorrow. I do hope it won't happen, but looking at the flood local Twitter feed not looking good

Posted
3 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

Bringing down the thread a little but best fun I ever had in the snow was in my old Subaru STI a fair few years ago in the peak hour traffic, that thing chewed it up like it was pure tarmac, amazing car in the snow and would have had to have been something special for it to get stuck.

Yep tomorrow looking just cold here and windy, back to the waiting game.

I had one too for 5 years awesome car i ll have another one day

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Depends if you keep calling out for streakers :rofl:

Writing on this phone is a pain, I keep making typos... and embarrassing ones hahahaha 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

2cm here, slushy mess on roads. Ventured out down towards Rye just now, couple of trees down and a lorry on its side in a ditch near Peasmarsh. May have been caused by the wind - very strong on the back end of the system. 
Look forward to further wintryness in coming day or two :)