Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
9 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

Somewhere between 9am to midday. Models don't agree, and we can't estimate it until we see the mesoscale feature appear on the radar.

All my apps suggest anywhere between 7-11am, but as you said radar watching will be our best bet. I'm just about as Northern as this region gets so I'll let everyone know tomorrow when it reaches here.. if I'm awake. If it's just rain or sleet I might go cry after watching the events of the last few days unfold

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Sorry . Makes it even worse that I've been to Great Yarmouth twice . My wife has lived around here for 8 years and myself well my whole life . Who knows her way around better . You've guessed it . My wife. 

don't be sorry, just look in wonder that there has been so much snow tonight and not one post says there is any inside the triangle, what are the odds?in 2010 the whole of the uk got snow except the triangle.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, JennyJane1 said:

don't be sorry, just look in wonder that there has been so much snow tonight and not one post says there is any inside the triangle, what are the odds?in 2010 the whole of the uk got snow except the triangle.

Well, it's your own fault for installing underfloor heating outside!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

All quiet here now, snow,sleet has stopped, still snow covering the grass and tress etc, cold outside :cold: but not as cold as the bbc said it would be

Posted
1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

Don't worry guys, The Wash is known up here in Hunstanton for killing our chances of snow even when a snow flurry is aimed straight at us, it 95% of the time magically turns into a sleet shower unlike the many others all up the east coast

Posted
2 minutes ago, shotski said:

Spycam, wow!!

Are we still talking weather?:D

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

Well, it's your own fault for installing underfloor heating outside!!

I think Dami must have left a coat, or maybe a glove or a boot, inside the triangle at some point.:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I think the triangle of doom needs an upgrade, the rectangle of doom.

North Cambridge/Suffolk and the whole of Norfolk covers that nicely. :rofl:

Anyway those in the traditional triangle will have plenty of chances from tomorrow afternoon as the flow backs enough north to bring snow showers off the sea. Most models show accumulations for east Norfolk and Suffolk, in fact it could be the only place by Sunday to still have snow on the ground.

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

I think the triangle of doom needs an upgrade, the rectangle of doom.

North Cambridge/Suffolk and the whole of Norfolk covers that nicely. :rofl:

Anyway those in the traditional triangle will have plenty of chances from tomorrow afternoon as the flow backs enough north to bring snow showers off the sea. Most models show accumulations for east Norfolk and Suffolk, in fact it could be the only place by Sunday to still have snow on the ground.

East Norfolk.. What about us in north-west :nonono:We may be the only ones by Monday with no flakes at all.. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

I think now is about as bad as it's going to get. Local gritters said they wouldn't go out until the snow had stopped, so expect them to be heavily busy overnight, with roads clear for rush hour tomorrow. Someone somewhere has actually been using their brain ....

That actually makes sense. I'm shocked 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
Just now, madmunch said:

I would like to place an order for a thames streaker please :),

Streaker??? hahaha

• Like 7

Posted

this is the only thing keeping my courage up.. 6 hours of snow symbols followed by 1 rain..IMG_5851.PNG

what are our bets of this being half hour of sleet followed by hours of cold rain? :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
3 minutes ago, Delka said:

East Norfolk.. What about us in north-west :nonono:We may be the only ones by Monday with no flakes at all.. 

Tomorrow morning looks to be the main event with a couple of hours of precipitation so fingers cross, you have a better chance than me down in the Fens. :)

jidsidj.gif

We can see by midday where the front bringing the more organised precipitation. So East Anglia will get this during the morning and the south east will get this lunchtime and into the afternoon. The westward extend of the rain/sleet/snow is uncertain though.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
2 minutes ago, madmunch said:

Streaker or a streamer :yahoo: 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, madmunch said:

Me too, streakers for all!:pardon:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Tomorrow morning looks to be the main event with a couple of hours of precipitation so fingers cross, you have a better chance than me down in the Fens. :)

jidsidj.gif

We can see by midday where the front bringing the more organised precipitation. So East Anglia will get this during the morning and the south east will get this lunchtime and into the afternoon. The westward extend of the rain/sleet/snow is uncertain though.

being 200 metres from the coast is my only issue with this event in the morning.. I imagine I'll get cold rain while half a mile inland will get a nice dumping of the white stuff. Hopefully it'll start as early as it can and prove me wrong but the later it is the lower my chance is. I'd put it at 50/50 chance for me as of now

edit: I hope it's not against any forum rules for me to be posting so much consecutively in a short space of time.. please let me know if it is an issue :oops:

Edited by Delka

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

jidsidj.gif

Another 2cm possible for a lucky few Captain :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers & Thunderstorms Cold Winters & Snow

What are the chances for the medway area tomorrow morning please anyone? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

2cms here.  4 cms at Dover castle. Still snowing:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

.....and adding to the above +1, any slim tiny microscopic chance of something in Northants first thing tomorrow??? we got next to nothing tonight!

Edited by chillyblast