Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Another day wasted; the Triangle has successfully evaded the white stuff. Again!

Blimey I most get my geography Better . I swear I saw picks earlier showing snow .is it a small triangle?.

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Bang goes the bluebell hill drive lol ! 

Will do a culverstone run-

It's chaos around here; lots of roads have abandoned cars already - and we only got (so far) max three inches.

Posted

Hopefully the morning event brings me something.. didn't even get sleet here, The Wash managed to keep it as all rain until it cleared

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
18 minutes ago, shotski said:

Our time will come Lassie

According to my October Fog Index I have another three snow falls to come and one should be a whopper:good:

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Another day wasted; the Triangle has successfully evaded the white stuff. Again!

Don't worry, everywhere in Norfolk got sleet and I didn't even get that up in my little corner of doom..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Well it was great too see snow again and was a fantastic few hours waiting and watching to see if it would actually snow and lay .Its currently stopped snowing now , it laid really well to start with but now I can hear the dreaded Drip Drip Drip .Im more concerned about the morning rush hour now , once the skies clear the temps drop it's going to all freeze and it's going to be treacherous out there .Stay safe people x

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

2 minutes ago, Delka said:

Hopefully the morning event brings me something.. didn't even get sleet here, The Wash managed to keep it as all rain until it cleared

Do we know what time snow is expected for the SE tomorrow and whether totals might be similar to today or more? 

Posted

Was fun , but compared to the Thames streamer 03 , thunder snow 04 , Feb 1st 09 , Dec 1st & 19th 2010 , Jan 13 was a bit like hunting down the side of sofa looking for loose change.

im lucky to of been old enough to remember '78 , the classic 80's winter and 91 

Edited by southbank
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Daryl Dixon said:

Do we know what time snow is expected for the SE tomorrow and whether totals might be similar to today or more? 

Somewhere between 9am to midday. Models don't agree, and we can't estimate it until we see the mesoscale feature appear on the radar.

• Like 2

Posted
42 minutes ago, Norfolk_N_chance said:

Who else is in the NO SNOW club?

Nothing but cold rain!

Just spoke to someone from the environment agency at Wells-next-the-sea and they are expecting flooding on par with December 2013.

I love snow but hate northerly winds that deliver nothing but coastal devastation to this area.

Hunstanton didn't fair well yesterday let alone tomorrow when the surge is at its highest and most powerful.. it really isn't looking good for us. Great for further South with snow but all we've gotten out of this spell so far is flooding 

Posted
1 minute ago, VillagePlank said:

Somewhere between 9am to midday. Models don't agree, and we can't estimate it until we see the mesoscale feature appear on the radar.

Thanks. Just debating whether to drive to work from north Kent to London 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Not one bit snow here, little bit sleet for few mins, sky's now clearing but temp has gone from 1c at to 2.3c oddly maybe as the wind has picked up makes me think the North Sea has something to do with it, 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Blimey I most get my geography Better . I swear I saw picks earlier showing snow .is it a small triangle?.

its a HUGE triangle, it goes between great yarmouth and lowestoft on the coast with about 12 miles between them, to beccles inland about another 12 miles. Someone will correct my figures in a minute, lol.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Daryl Dixon said:

Thanks. Just debating whether to drive to work from north Kent to London 

I think now is about as bad as it's going to get. Local gritters said they wouldn't go out until the snow had stopped, so expect them to be heavily busy overnight, with roads clear for rush hour tomorrow. Someone somewhere has actually been using their brain ....

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

I think now is about as bad as it's going to get. Local gritters said they wouldn't go out until the snow had stopped, so expect them to be heavily busy overnight, with roads clear for rush hour tomorrow. Someone somewhere has actually been using their brain ....

Not sure about that. I went around the southern M25 at about 4pm and all the signs said "Salt Spreading", which, given the rivers of water on the road, was the very definition of futility.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

its a HUGE triangle, it goes between great yarmouth and lowestoft on the coast with about 12 miles between them, to beccles inland about another 12 miles. Someone will correct my figures in a minute, lol.

Sorry . Makes it even worse that I've been to Great Yarmouth twice . My wife has lived around here for 8 years and myself well my whole life . Who knows her way around better . You've guessed it . My wife. 

Posted
Just now, loafer said:

Not sure about that. I went around the southern M25 at about 4pm and all the signs said "Salt Spreading", which, given the rivers of water on the road, was the very definition of futility.

I'm talking about local to North Kent ie Medway Council.

• Like 1