IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted

The HI res HILRAM model appears to have called the track right on its 6z and gives us almost zero snow for the entire region, make of that what you will!

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/hirlam.php?map=430

whether it's reliable or not who knkws

Edited by Weathizard
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters. Cool wet summers.

Temperature dropping steadily now. From max of 8 earlier to 6.6 now.

Posted

Already some heavy snow as far south as Leek.. which is at 1c temp and dew point (central spine cold), whereas Scarborough is how far the cold has gotten down the East Coast to date. I think is a good sign for this evening

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

Hi

temps peaked here in Woking at 6.7c at 10.51am now at 5.9c dp 5.5c rain rate 1.8mm/phr

fingers crossed

Posted
32 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

One assumes they have the problem that no one knows if or when the rain will turn to snow and if it does, they will have to close runways whilst they clear them. Assume they can put down anything to prevent the snow from accumulating as the rain will wash it away

the runways are so close to capacity that any shut downs will have a huge effect - add on the fact that they will be operating on a slow slot turn around because of the low cloud base anyway and it's understand able that they are taking precautions  

Well, at least the snow ploughs and equipment at the Heathrow Snow Base that I drive past every morning will finally get some exercise. I often wonder if they use the equipment for other things to try to recoup some of what must have been a substantial investment. 6 degrees according to the car from Surbiton to Uxbridge, grey and raining, although my son did point out the rain drops were rather splodgy, which we always look hopefully for. The school is concentrating more on tonight's system to decide tomorrow at 6am whether to close - as it is a special needs school, minibuses come from across London and the home counties packed full of autistic kids, so they try to avoid putting them through more than necessary. During the 2010 cold spell, some of the poor things didn't make it home until 10pm.

Edit: while we are all checking our time on Netweather, I started here in 2008, so a mere 8 years here.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, frozencanals said:

yep, was just going to check how long I have been a member

FC

blimey I have been a member since October 2005, so just over 11 years, I missed my 10th anniversary.

Weatherwise the temp here in Westcliff is now 7.2 degrees and moderate rain.....

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Reefseeker said:

Well, at least the snow ploughs and equipment at the Heathrow Snow Base that I drive past every morning will finally get some exercise. I often wonder if they use the equipment for other things to try to recoup some of what must have been a substantial investment. 6 degrees according to the car from Surbiton to Uxbridge, grey and raining, although my son did point out the rain drops were rather splodgy, which we always look hopefully for. The school is concentrating more on tonight's system to decide tomorrow at 6am whether to close - as it is a special needs school, minibuses come from across London and the home counties packed full of autistic kids, so they try to avoid putting them through more than necessary. During the 2010 cold spell, some of the poor things didn't make it home until 10pm.

Or not 

• Like 1

Posted

bbc 12:58 update was fantastic  ramp alert :yahoo::yahoo: 5pm kick off time for Bedfordshire 5:30 for north of london and 5cm widley mentioned plus could be alot more 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, bluearmy said:

Or not 

Yep, just thought that myself when reading it back! Ah well, one can be optimistic, although I am a bit pessimistic about this evening's event truth be told, and very much hoping such pessimism is completely misplaced:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
3 minutes ago, Fatboypirate said:

Steady 7.4° , DP 6° and drizzle in Eastbourne!

Ah an Eastbourian. I once told my hubby it doesn't snow in Eastbourne and we had about 6inches.

Shame no snow for beddy at 3pm so bubs and I could walk home in some wintry stuffs.

Edited by Dami

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

bbc 12:58 update was fantastic  ramp alert :yahoo::yahoo: 5pm kick off time for Bedfordshire 5:30 for north of london and 5cm widley mentioned plus could be alot more 

By the time the snow begins to settle on the wet ground (if at all), the front would be on it's back edge or already petering out.

I'll enjoy seeing the snow falling but that's as far as it will go unfortunately. 

At least for now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I just want to seeing falling snow. Don't care if it lays. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
6 minutes ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

missed will oxfordshire get any ? think it might pull away from here. Light rain now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

4c different snow from Eastbourne to Milton Keynes