Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A nice new thread for the impending blizzard (hey, think positive!) so please carry on here  :)

old thread here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Let the snow commence [ideally once I have completed the 40 mile trip back home]

Posted

Still looking good for Crawley, if anything there is an upgrade. They were showing heavy snow for only a small period of time and then light snow but now BBC and meto are showing heavy snow the whole way through.

Anyone else here from Crawley or Horsham?

• Like 2

Posted

METO still mentioning a spell of sleet/snow around dawn tomorrow for our region (more likely the further east and away from coasts) could give us a dusting by rush hour Friday. 

Posted
1 minute ago, warrenb said:

Not so worried about the snow today, but if GFS 6z is correct, it will be frozen pipes and severe frost for a 10 day period that worries me.

Beautiful. :yahoo:

Posted

Just realised I have now passed 11 years as a member of Netweather. Do I get a special badge? :pardon:

Anyone seen Ian Brown?

Edited by Southender
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.

@VillagePlank said It then continues 'The most likely scenario is for 2 to 4 cm to fall above about 100 m elevation across parts of southeast England with 1 to 2 cm to low levels in places.' Sure, track of low is ridiculously difficult to predict given that cyclogenesis is only just about underway, etc

Indeed, not trying to be difficult but I was just highlighting the ambiguity of the language being used by the Meto shows how uncertain it is, even for them. Fascinating for sure.

Edited by Seasonality
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

From the front page of the BBC website

'Dozens of flights have been cancelled amid warnings of blizzard conditions set to sweep across the UK on Thursday.

London's Heathrow Airport said airlines had pre-emptively cancelled 46 departures and 31 arrivals, with disruption expected from 15:00 GMT.'

They are going to look a bit silly if the snow does not appear, or its only a dusting. I am flying out of Gatwick tomorrow afternoon, but no word from them at the moment, obviously made of sterner stuff.

Cheers

FC

Posted
Just now, frozencanals said:

Morning all,

'Dozens of flights have been cancelled amid warnings of blizzard conditions set to sweep across the UK on Thursday.

London's Heathrow Airport said airlines had pre-emptively cancelled 46 departures and 31 arrivals, with disruption expected from 15:00 GMT.'

They are going to look a bit silly if the snow does not appear, or its only a dusting. I am flying out of Gatwick tomorrow afternoon, but no word from them at the moment, obviously made of sterner stuff.

Cheers

FC

If true that is ridiculous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter
Just now, frozencanals said:

Morning all,

Cheers

FC

That seems a bit silly to me.  I'll just tell my boss now that I'm not coming in tomorrow, because of the snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Didn't feel what I would consider 'snowy' really apart from the clouds are that nice white/grey. Trying hard to do housework and not peek out the window or look here. Just start raining, put me out of my misery.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Southender said:

If true that is ridiculous.

Suspect they will use it as an argument that they need the extra runway - probably been driven more by politics than weather IMHO.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
5 minutes ago, Southender said:

Just realised I have now passed 11 years as a member of Netweather. Do I get a special badge? :pardon:

Anyone seen Ian Brown?

Congrats mate, im coming up to 9 years myself, we are the original gang who were here before they started members reputation likes, lol

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

Still looking good for Crawley, if anything there is an upgrade. They were showing heavy snow for only a small period of time and then light snow but now BBC and meto are showing heavy snow the whole way through.

Anyone else here from Crawley or Horsham?

Originally from Horsham - now in Reigate :)

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Essexgooner said:

Congrats mate, im coming up to 9 years myself, we are the original gang who were here before they started members reputation likes, lol

13 years for me!

Posted
1 minute ago, Essexgooner said:

Very true. I will give you a rep point then I guess haha. I see Frozen Canal is from our area as well.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Great Plum said:

13 years for me!

Long time mate, seen a lot of fun and games in here over past winters, lol...congrats :)

Posted
2 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

13 years for me!

Impressive! Have you seen Ian Brown Plum?

I will never ever forget that "WTF" moment on the model thread all those years ago. Still to this day the greatest moment in NW history. Would love to see that thread if its in the archive somewhere?

Edited by Southender
  • Like 4

Posted
Just now, Southender said:

Very true. I will give you a rep point then I guess haha. I see Frozen Canal is from our area as well.

haha, much appreciated my friend, Ive returned the favour....yes nice to have some locals 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

raining here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Cloudy and 6C, here. The WB temp is falling away though; all surfaces are drying out.

Edited by Ed Stone
Idiot!