Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

11 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Skies have cleared here slightly to reveal the Snow Moon, shall be lucky if it stays clear for the partial eclipse later though.

P1020321 (800x732).jpg

The sky is clearing here now, so the moon becoming visible, which is nice. I saw on my weather station that it says Lunar eclipse - I forgot all about it! What time are we likely to see a partial? weather permitting..

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your all taking to much notice of these weather apps. They are next to useless and not meant for enthusiasts like us with time better spent on looking at radars and temperature gauges. My own take is

There's quite a rash of showers over Japan, they might make it this far?

Good morning everyone .  Just before I post  The amazing to weather phenomena that I've witnessed this morning ,  I'd like to say Ian Ferguson  if you read this and see this picture you have

Posted Images

All of a quiver! Lol.

A few hours of clear sky allows the temperature to drop, frost to form and a recent flurry to settle on my frosty car. Could go and count the settled flakes lol !!

• Like 1

Mapantz....according to my information the penumbral eclipse will start at 22.34 and continue to 02.53 tomorrow with the peak time being 00.43.  This one is not like a total or partial one (sorry, I used the wrong term in my last post), here the whole moon will be reduced in brightness. 

• Like 1

On a different note, Ross Poldark was filming in wells today; that's the fourth time our paths have crossed but missed by a tiny margin, soooooo unfair.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Mapantz....according to my information the penumbral eclipse will start at 22.34 and continue to 02.53 tomorrow with the peak time being 00.43.  This one is not like a total or partial one (sorry, I used the wrong term in my last post), here the whole moon will be reduced in brightness. 

The moon is the brightest i've seen it in a long time! Everything is lit up, like there's a huge LED torch pointing down. I hope the cloud and poopy flakes of snow stay away, this is much better - and colder!

• Like 1

My life! We have a decent dusting on all surfaces! Can even see it 'glowing' on the rooftops in the streetlight! 

Winter 2016/2017 you are amazing!!!! 2 settling snow events with a sum total of 1.5cm ish!!

IMG_0417.JPG

• Like 8

Big fat zero here.. temperature dropped to below freezing earlier, now at 0.8. Trying to lamp post watch but not a flake in sight. Think I'm too far west at the moment. 

Watching Peaky Blinders and torn between that and lamp post watching!! 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, khodds said:

Big fat zero here.. temperature dropped to below freezing earlier, now at 0.8. Trying to lamp post watch but not a flake in sight. Think I'm too far west at the moment. 

Watching Peaky Blinders and torn between that and lamp post watching!! 

Peaky Blinders all the way

• Like 2
Just now, Mapantz said:

Just as the temp hit zero, I spotted a darn bank of cloud rolling this way.. :/

589e341656839_2017-02-10(1).thumb.png.b992a41e7250652ae305df195778ba29.png

Guessed that when my temperature which was in free fall suddenly stopped dropping and is now rising again. Nothing coming out of that cloud looking at the radar.

Light snow flurries blowing in the wind since around 5pm here, not enough to settle by any means, but at least got something out of this cold spell!

Temp 1c DP -3c Wind NNE at 14mph

• Like 1

Well I'm glad some in here got to see snow today. :good:Hopefully something for everyone tomorrow morning.

But if I wake up to rain/sleet tomorrow then every single toy will be coming out of the pram and I will be looking forward to spring :crazy:

Edited by MidnightSnow
  • Like 7