Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted

To many people on the model forum don't look at there windows enough or go outside and get a feel for the weather. Yes I can read the model charts to a degree but all this raging on about floods and zonity is totally OTT. 5 days max is reliable at a push and how often do we see our meto apps suddenly say rain just 2 days out when it said dry. There is absolutely no chance we are going to get a whole warm February with Rain with a Jetstream that is showing signs of diving south east and clearly not raging over the top of the UK. The lows will follow the jet stream south and could actually help in height rises to our north east if the block pushes West enough which I think it's doing. It's bitterly cold in that wind today down here with cloud direction coming from south east. Those writing off February already will be in for a shock I feel and clearly not had first hand experience of working outside in it. You get a feel for the weather over the years and do I feel like it's going to get cold with a chance of snow again dam right I do.

Edited by Rapodo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
45 minutes ago, fromey said:

just looked in on the south east thread, wish i hadn't, some are reporting light snow/snow grains and some are getting a slight dusting!!

nothing showing on radar, so it must be very light.

fromey

That was forecast for my location at the start of the week.......didn't turn out that way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's amazing to see the ground all dry after so long  of it being wet. I see the forecast temps have been overcooked by 3°C here.

Temp: 2.3°C - Hum: 84%  - Dew: -0.1°C  - Wchill: -2°C - AppTemp: -2.9°C - Bar: 1017.47Hpa - Wind: SE @ 10mph.

Posted

Dew points at 0.3 in Poole bay which is usually the warmest. Just zoomed out from the rain radar and observing over Ireland right now the rain moving north. Anyone been noticing tomorrow's rain forecast keep being pushed back later in the day. These systems are slowing against the block. Something just don't feel right to me. Wouldn't be surprised if Dorset miss the heavy rain tomorrow and hits more Cornwall. I think these lows in the Atlantic are being modelled to progressive. Let this cold pool from France come through tomorrow and see where we sit then. Just got a feeling the models are going to swing again.

Edited by Rapodo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Bitter out there, 2.8c and a strengthening wind, wall to wall cloud.

There is nothing good about this type of weather - unless it snows - which it's not

Posted

First time this year the daytime temperature has stayed below zero. In fact it's dropped slightly from this morning`s. No idea what the wind chill is,but outside feels positively Baltic with a keen SE breeze. Have some mist and low cloud

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Sun's appeared here in the last ten minutes, still a lot of low cloud floating about, but the brightness is good.

Posted
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

You can see the cloud covering Bournemouth in that shot.

Yep - It's moving this way. Take it back! I don't want your second hand cloud. LaieA_012.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
13 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

You can see the cloud covering Bournemouth in that shot.

That must be the cloud we've had here all day. Finally decided to clear now it's too late for any meaningful sunshine. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon all, not a bad day I suppose if you're into leaden skies and being frozen by wind.

Currently -0.9c, with a dew point of -4.4c. got up to the dizzying heights of 2.2c earlier but has felt seriously sub zero all day, that's a bitter wind taking 'feels like' temps down to -4. Oh the joys of working outdoors all year round. Not.

Posted

I must be loony as I love working outdoors in the cold,however get the temps over 75 and im in trouble,so each to their own,on the advice of a forum member on here I looked into the snow prospects in the SE thread,the last 4 posts all said that they had given up for another year lol. In reality,its taken many years on the Mod thread,but this year and I hope it continues,there is at last,the understanding,even to a small degree,that NOBODY,this includes Twitter superstars,the half wits who are allowed front page exposure on the Express,ect ect really know that 5 days hence and that's still pushing it,is about as far as forecasting goes,does that mean the final demise of the Mod thread of ...look at the blizzards at 384,but it wont happen are finally over...good luck with that one lol

Posted

Poked my head through the door of the Mad thread.....apparently we're going to be getting some welcome rain. In my book, the only rain that's welcome is the stuff that falls between the hours of midnight and 7am. The rest can sod off, it's not even vaguely welcome.

• Like 6

Posted
20 minutes ago, jethro said:

Poked my head through the door of the Mad thread.....

Were they all crying in their beer, wondering when the next exciting episode of  "Mission impossible" was going to happen?

Simples 240hours time...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
42 minutes ago, jethro said:

Poked my head through the door of the Mad thread.....apparently we're going to be getting some welcome rain. In my book, the only rain that's welcome is the stuff that falls between the hours of midnight and 7am. The rest can sod off, it's not even vaguely welcome.

Totally agree. There will however always be some puddle-paddling idiots who enjoy rain during the day when everyone else could do without it.

How about some welcome winter sun. Winter sun never harmed anyone - can't get enough of the sun. Tbh I'd rather either a continuation of frosty sunny days, or if we have to get southwesterlies, let's get a really anticyclonic one with balmy sunshine. The thought of just grey day after grey day is just depressing.

Also rather annoying that we have this wonderful snow-preparation today with bitter wind and low dewpoints yet the precipitation will arrive just after the wind changes direction grr!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well you must have a secluded spot @Mapantz it's been raw here all day in that wind.. brhhhhhhhh

very briefly maxed out at 3.9c today, average of 2.8c. Currently 1.6c feels like -1.9c

Posted
18 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Were they all crying in their beer, wondering when the next exciting episode of  "Mission impossible" was going to happen?

Simples 240hours time...

From what I could make out some are pinning their hopes on getting their mojo back, others are awaiting the second coming, descending from heaven with SSW wings. A fair few reckon we'll need to start blowing up the dinghies or dig the coracle out the back of the garage. There's the odd one or two who have bestowed the gift of The Eye of Providence upon a computer program (choice of model varies) between GodFearsSnow and UsualKrappyMiseryOutside - either way, they're either absolutely right or possibly absolutely wrong.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
20 minutes ago, jethro said:

From what I could make out some are pinning their hopes on getting their mojo back, others are awaiting the second coming, descending from heaven with SSW wings. A fair few reckon we'll need to start blowing up the dinghies or dig the coracle out the back of the garage. There's the odd one or two who have bestowed the gift of The Eye of Providence upon a computer program (choice of model varies) between GodFearsSnow and UsualKrappyMiseryOutside - either way, they're either absolutely right or possibly absolutely wrong.

Emotions Clearly Modified 

just rolled out, won't help moods :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, jethro said:

:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Emotions Clearly Modified 

just rolled out, won't help moods :rofl:

Soon be time to roll out the GreatEuphoricMania to prevent a mass Lemming moment.

• Like 2

Posted

Temp rising here, despite clear skies. It's warmer now, than it was this afternoon.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Temp rising here, despite clear skies. It's warmer now, than it was this afternoon.

Just goes to show how things can be so different a few miles apart. We have a frost here with the temp still falling (albeit slightly).