Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp maxed out at 2.8°C here as well. The average temp so far today is, -0.3°C
Very dismal after the last few days of sunshine, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

evening all, top temp of 2.6c today. now down to 1.2c dew -3.5c

strange as the temps have continued to drop slightly with the cloud cover.

fromey

• Like 3

Posted

Temps dropping fast, now -0.1c, could drop a fair bit before cloud cover comes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I see A couple of showers have cropped up near Exeter - showing as snow on the radar

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Just hoping that we can see some flakes falling ,probably when I, m well tucked up in bed though but would be nice though ,see we have some frost still on the ground and temp at minus 1 c currently ,a few blobs of something currently on the radar over Devon, fingers crossed ,cheers .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Evening all, temp maxed out at 1.4 today, now back down to -1. Ended up in Dunster this afternoon, (for those who've never been, it's a lovely old town/large village, well worth a visit) surprisingly even right on the coast there was thick frost in the shade. Seems such a waste that we're going to be warming up this week without the fun and games of a battlefield breakdown.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not sure whether we'll get another air frost here tonight with the cloud cover but the temperature has dropped to 1.2°C so might get close even if it doesn't quite get that low.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Oh dear, all doom and gloom on the other side. Winter over? Nah, I remember many of cold and snowy February's so I'm not getting hung up just yet.

part of me kinda wishes we never had weather models that went out past a week! That way we wouldn't get quite so hung up and start self harming.

anyway I'm off up to Dartmoor on Monday morning to enjoy some winter sunshine before the SW winds blow in. 

• Like 4

Posted

Temps 0.5 dew -3.5c, temps falling despite cloud cover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Trust me, 2nd half of Feb is going to be EPIC!! And more so for the south than the north.

here it here right now my punt!! Huge scandi high, direct result of SSW, buckling jet in the Atlantic causing relentless systems to slide from the NW to SE, burying the entire SW region in mountains of snow!!

WINTER AINT OVER YET!! Not by a long shot!! Meto seem to think trop response expected mid Feb, then I'll take that. March would be too late. Mid Feb is good by me, I have a feeling it will be a tad earlier though. Game on! Hopefully a few winter storms before then. I've really missed them this year!

this winter has been a bit like watching Barcelona dominate a match, relentlessly attacking the oppositions goal, shot after shot, pass after pass, and eventually the inevitable happens, GOAL! 

Its always much sweeter in the 89th minute :D

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Have You been on the source Karlos?! I sincerely hope you are right though :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
27 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Trust me, 2nd half of Feb is going to be EPIC!! And more so for the south than the north.

here it here right now my punt!! Huge scandi high, direct result of SSW, buckling jet in the Atlantic causing relentless systems to slide from the NW to SE, burying the entire SW region in mountains of snow!!

WINTER AINT OVER YET!! Not by a long shot!! Meto seem to think trop response expected mid Feb, then I'll take that. March would be too late. Mid Feb is good by me, I have a feeling it will be a tad earlier though. Game on! Hopefully a few winter storms before then. I've really missed them this year!

this winter has been a bit like watching Barcelona dominate a match, relentlessly attacking the oppositions goal, shot after shot, pass after pass, and eventually the inevitable happens, GOAL! 

Its always much sweeter in the 89th minute :D

Whatever you're drinking I'm having the same :friends:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
4 minutes ago, khodds said:

Have You been on the source Karlos?! I sincerely hope you are right though :D

Great minds and all that.....

• Like 2

Posted
32 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

WINTER AINT OVER YET!! Not by a long shot!! Meto seem to think trop response expected mid Feb, then I'll take that. 

Karlos, given the time in the evening, have you been sniffin' the fumes from the bottom of the barrel? To do all those things would take a minor miracle this winter. Even the infamous KC holiday couldn't turn the tide. Something special would be needed for to pull of your suggestion.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm most definitely in the February camp and believe somthing special is coming from the East. Just got to endure a couple weeks of the normal British dross before the freezer door swings open.

we live in hope .

Posted

How rude lol!! I may have had a tipple, but I do honestly think Feb is our month!! You can all throw toys at me come march if I'm wrong :rofl:

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Karlos, given the time in the evening, have you been sniffin' the fumes from the bottom of the barrel? To do all those things would take a minor miracle this winter. Even the infamous KC holiday couldn't turn the tide. Something special would be needed for to pull of your suggestion.

Well there's been snow on the flipping beach in Benidorm, so dare I say it....stranger things have happened. 

It must be noted I am an eternal optimist, part and parcel of being an Arsenal fan 

Posted

A fair chunk of rain on the radar down in the southwest, I'm assuming it's just rain down there

• Like 1

Posted

Ever optimistic Arsenal man. Only to used to small pickings and false hope but still waiting for the holy grail! Premier league and the finest Easterly set up.  Oh don't I know that feeling only too well.

• Like 1

Posted

We just need to find away of adding the UK to a land mass so we aren't an Island anymore, adding the UK in to the centre of Canada seems the best bet to me, hot summers cold winters, storms, its what we all crave... :rofl:

• Like 3