Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
A.J

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've just been outside, it has now clouded over.

Yesterday's forecast was for cloud, then they changed it tonight and said it would be clear tonight lol

That would explain why it's gone from -0.1°C to 0.8°C here in the last couple of hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mornin all, currently -1.3°C with a bit of breeze which has a bite ti it.

The moon is sat right above Jupiter & Spica and is a great sight this morning.

Cold spots this morning Benson -6.0 °C & Bournemouth -4.0 °C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-1.9c DP-3.0

temperature graph looks interesting this morning, looks more like a heart monitor trace with all the temp rise and falls.

Good news: IT's FRIDAY TOMORROW  :yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

-1.9c DP-3.0

temperature graph looks interesting this morning, looks more like a heart monitor trace with all the temp rise and falls.

Good news: IT's FRIDAY TOMORROW  :yahoo:

Patchy cloud on & off through the night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Mornin all, currently -1.3°C with a bit of breeze which has a bite ti it.

The moon is sat right above Jupiter & Spica and is a great sight this morning.

Cold spots this morning Benson -6.0 °C & Bournemouth -4.0 °C

Ah,so that's Jupiter.

Was wondering if it was a planet earlier,thank's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all, it's a nippy -4.3c here, clear sky with a lovely sunrise, looks like it's going to be a lovely day :-).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The back edge of yesterday's cloud hasn't made much progress anywhere since yesterday with areas north of Bristol relatively frost free and grey while to the South including here this morning sharp frost at -4C is commonplace.

 

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

Edited by Gibby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another lovely start to the day...

IMGP1089_sm.jpg

Min of -3.1C last night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all a rather nippy morning low over night -3.3c dew -5.6c calm no wind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely morning but no frost here got down to 1c. Notable down here for the lack of frosts down here this winter. A couple of winters ago I recorded 27 frosts but this season barely 6 so far. 

In other news it has been suggested elsewhere that there might be the odd snow flurry around on Sunday. OK its not going to produce 5 ft drifts let alone any covering but will be good to see. Considering it was supposed to be mild wet and windy from the weekend its been quite a turnaround!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, festivalking said:

Lovely morning but no frost here got down to 1c. Notable down here for the lack of frosts down here this winter. A couple of winters ago I recorded 27 frosts but this season barely 6 so far. 

In other news it has been suggested elsewhere that there might be the odd snow flurry around on Sunday. OK its not going to produce 5 ft drifts let alone any covering but will be good to see. Considering it was supposed to be mild wet and windy from the weekend its been quite a turnaround!

You can have some of mine! I'm bored of scraping the car! -5.6C overnight.Still below freezing despite the sunshine :cold:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Down to -2.4°C this morning. Lovely and sunny, but  with a chilly breeze.

Temp: 5.3°C - Hum: 65% - Dew: -0.7°C - Bar: 1036.34hPa - Wind: ENE @ 6mph.

2017-01-19.png

Frost season is on day 77 and i've managed 18 so far - not bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My father in law sent my wife a photo of snow on the mountains near Mojacar in Spain! We are awaiting a response as to how long it's been since that has happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay sunshine for the first time in days! toasty 7oC too!

I hope that's the last of the dull dank weather for a bit! It really was quite depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good day for drying the washing.. a decent breeze, sunshine, and low humidtty. It's just 49% - last time I had 50% or lower, was on August 30th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went from clear blue sky and sunshine at home this morning into thick, freezing fog at work just outside Bristol. It did burn off pretty quickly, turning into a beautiful sunny but chilly winters day. Long may it last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cornish snow said:

Ah,so that's Jupiter.

Was wondering if it was a planet earlier,thank's

Quick question for you.....I know the Wavecrest Café down by the lifeboat station is being renovated, just wondering have you seen it recently? It's my absolute favourite café in Cornwall, spent many a happy hour just gazing out to sea from their veranda, please tell me they're not turning it into some trendy/funky, serve food on a bit of slate and tea out of an old jam jar kind of place - are they?

Edited by jethro
Bizarre swear filter kicked in for non swear word???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got down to -0.7°C last night. Almost a carbon copy of yesterday with clear sky all day and feeling cold despite the temperature reaching 7.2°C. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thar she goes, the temperature that is after 6.2°C at: 14:27, it is down to 4.6°C and dropping fairly rapidly. Lets hope the cloud stays away tonight..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hit 4.3c now rapidly dropping down to 2.8c, the beeb said a high of 7c today, im going to assume it meant towns and citys 

any guesses for where you guys and girls are how low your temp will get.

im going for -5c for me

 

Edited by fromey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jethro said:

Quick question for you.....I know the Wavecrest Café down by the lifeboat station is being renovated, just wondering have you seen it recently? It's my absolute favourite café in Cornwall, spent many a happy hour just gazing out to sea from their veranda, please tell me they're not turning it into some trendy/ssemolinay, serve food on a bit of slate and tea out of an old jam jar kind of place - are they?

Actually,i'm not sure. Trying to think of the last time i was down there.While ago i think.

Pretty sure my wife was there recently,she works in Mullion.I'll ask her later.

Sure you will still be able to Watch the Cornish Chough's  going about their business,

I live in porthallow near the Helford river,only really  go down Lizard way to play Darts on friday night's:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mod thread is dead lately.. just 6 pages since Tuesday :mellow:

Hopefully some interest develops as we approach February. For the time being we have some cold frosty, sunny mornings  :cold:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 13:00 Saturday afternoon, the 12z Hirlam has parts of Wiltshire & Gloucestershire still struggling to get above freezing, whilst other parts of the West Country only just tip over 0c;

hirlamuk-0-48-0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...