Sign in to follow this  
A.J

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

2 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Right, hopefully my temperature today won't reach a crazy 15c I have given it some cover. Hopefully it shouldn't warm up too much in there, but will see later I guess. If anyone else has a better idea that won't cost me loads, I'm all ears!

IMG_5425.PNG

I use the natural method. Fixed within a grape vine hidden from the sun.

Chasing again. Looks like we will get some sort eastern drift next week. Temps progged to be 2-3 degrees day time end of next week here with thick cloud and an easterly breeze. So might pick up some sort moisture in the channel producing the odd flurry. You never know.

42 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

It appears to have worked!! 

Top Banana  

Does the fence get any sunlight on it at all? Including the other side..

Why did I look in the mad thread!!!!:wallbash:

a very strong and very warm SSW forecast!!!

anyway back to watching the cross country skiing from Germany!, so jealous :nonono:

1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Does the fence get any sunlight on it at all? Including the other side..

The other side No, but yes the fence does get sun on it my side. For about 2 hours at this time of year

however, it would appear that although it improved it, still not good and my temp peaked at 11.3c which is just wrong and I think that's what makes it disappear of wunderground for a while until it's back in line with neighbouring weather stations.

ive now moved it to a patch that is shaded all day! So that should resolve the issue..

Edited by karlos1983

Lovely walk through Upton country park and along hols bay this afternoon. 

Now to put my feet up and have a beer or 8. :drunk:

IMG_5431.JPG

Now what's the betting those Welsh mountains don't break these showers up, because it's not conducive for snow 

:wallbash::angry:

IMG_5435.PNG

So the bulbs are sprouting, the mimosa tree is just about to achieve blossom, must be spring surely..Time to move on..

Currently 6.0°C .

Edited by Dorsetbred

I can't believe our winter snow prospects are over just yet. But the charts don't look promising do they? Mind you it only goes out to 10 ish days. 

When do you snow potential leaves these parts of the country?  I used to think mid February but since 2013 admittedly a rare event it was I'd go to mid March for lying snow.

28 minutes ago, festivalking said:

I can't believe our winter snow prospects are over just yet. But the charts don't look promising do they? Mind you it only goes out to 10 ish days. 

When do you snow potential leaves these parts of the country?  I used to think mid February but since 2013 admittedly a rare event it was I'd go to mid March for lying snow.

I'm sure I remember more snow in march than any winter months over the years. Not the best events but more common in our neck of the woods. Probably because the Heights are more likely to be higher over the pole in early spring than in mid winter, with -AO we always stand a chance of wintryness. 

Edited by karlos1983

2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I'm sure I remember more snow in march than any winter months over the years. Not the best events but more common in our neck of the woods. Probably because the Heights are more likely to be higher over the pole in early spring than in mid winter, with -AO we always stand a chance of wintryness. 

That does seem to be more in common these years, of course the problem with that is that the deep cold is long gone and the days are growing longer, so any event is tragically very short, down here.

Just now, Dorsetbred said:

That does seem to be more in common these years, of course the problem with that is that the deep cold is long gone and the days are growing longer, so any event is tragically very short, down here.

Indeed, but living right on the coast, you need to make the most of any snow that gets on the ground anyway, as it's usually gone pretty quickly! If I'm honest though, come march I would sooner a BBQ than a sledge!

1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Indeed, but living right on the coast, you need to make the most of any snow that gets on the ground anyway, as it's usually gone pretty quickly! If I'm honest though, come march I would sooner a BBQ than a sledge!

Agreed, down here we are well into the next season by then.

Incoming.....rain showers...

Can't believe that I'm already searching YouTube for documentries on classic British winters just to get a snow fix in yet another rubbish winter that doesn't look as though it's going to deliver after such promise.....

For a supposed cold snap it hasn't been that cold here. Day tempertures over the last few days have been between 6°C and 8°C and we haven't even managed an air frost. 

Edited by matt111

Got down to 2.7c but now on the rise, 4.2c DP 3.0c

Don't get sacked in don't get sacked in.....18z gfs is sucking me in. :fool:

Be all different by 4.30 tomorrow morning!!!!

Here comes the mild air. Temperature dropped to 3.5°C and stopped for a while and now it's risen to 4.0°C.